• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 2,150 Views, 15 Comments

The teaparty - twilightsparkleisbestpony



Teaparties throught generations of a family.

  • ...
0
 15
 2,150

The teaparty

The Teaparty

"Alright Twiley, what is it you wanted to show me?" Shining Armor asked his little sister.

"Shhh. You'll see!" The lavender unicorn filly said. She walked him into her room. She used her feeble magic to open the door. They stepped inside and she told him to open his eyes.

Shining Armor opened his eyes and saw what his sister had created. A table with a pink, frilly tablecloth draped over it sat in the middle of the room. Three chairs sat around it, one already occupied by Twilight's favorite doll, Smartypants. The unicorn filly plopped a floppy yellow hat with two roses in it on his head. She placed a set of plastic beads around his neck.

"Um, Wow Twiley, this is one great party. Um but I have, um, homework to do!" He blurted out, trying to get out of the impending disaster. The filly's deep purple eyes filled with tears, showing that the silent treatment was about to be given. "Hey, just kidding Twilight, I can join your, um..."

"TEAPARTY!!"

"Um, right."

"Here, Prince Shining Armor can sit next to Lady Smartypants and I, Princess Twilight Sparkle will pour the tea as soon as I grab somefing!" The unicorn blasted into her closet and dug around for a while untill she came back out with a tiara on. The cheap plastic was bent and Shining Armor made a mental note to buy her a new one for Hearth's Warming.

"Would you like some tea, Prince Shining Armor?" The filly asked.

"Um, sure, that sounds wonderful." He responded, but as she started pouring apple juice into the small porcelain cups, a panicky look struck her face.

"BE RIGHT BACK!" she shouted, rushing down the hall to the bathroom. Just then, a familiar pink alicorn knocked on the half-open door and stepped in as Shining Armor scurried to take off the floppy hat and beads.

The pink alicorn giggled. "Sorry I'm late. Nice new outfit, though, you should've left it on." He laughed and walked over to her.

The lavender filly burst in screaming, "CADENCE CADENCE CADENCE!!!!"
She ran up to her foal sitter and clapped her hooves.

"Sunshine, Sunshine, ladybug's awake. Clap your hooves and do a little shake!" they cried in unison. The girls fell into a fit of giggles while Shining Armor stood there awkwardly.

"Do you wanna join our teaparty Cadence?" The filly's eyes seemed to be pleading.

"Of course Princess Twilight!" Cadence said, playing along, "I would love to."

"Okay," the girl said, "Prince Shining Armor," he saluted, "go get another chair!"

"Wait, Prince?" Cadence asked, playing along, "You mean we're married?! Yucky!" she giggled.

Shining Armor came back with a chair and they sat down to the apple juice Twilight kept insisting was tea.

After about twenty minutes, Twilight got sleepy and Shining Armor let her begin her nap in his arms. He had no idea how she could be tired when she had just consumed that much sugar. When he laid her down, they began walking. "So let me get this straight," Cadence started, "your sister wants us to get married?"

"Yeah, who knows, maybe tomorrow she'll make us play 'wedding'." he responded, they both laughed so hard that they didn't hear Twilight come up behind them.

"What's so funny?" Twilight demanded.

"You," her elders responded in unison.

***25 years later***

"And you can be Prince Flickersky!" The young princess Twitterheart declared to her big brother.

"But I AM Prince Flickersky!" he demanded.

"Perfect, then you know what to do!" The pink, blue-haired alicorn declared.

Her big brother, a white pegasus with blonde hair, facehoofed. "But, Twitterheart! I don't wanna!" Twitterheart's eyes filled with tears in a way that so resembled her aunt that it wasn't even funny. Little did they know, their father and aunt were standing behind the door, trying to stifle their giggles. Inside, a sulky Prince Flickersky was wearing a floppy pink hat and a set of plastic beads while Twitterheart jumped around happily. Just then, their mother, along with Celestia and Luna came up to Shining Armor and Twilight.

"What's going on in there?" Celestia asked.

"Teaparty." Twi and Shining Armor replied in unison.

Celestia and Cadence started laughing, but Luna cocked her head, not knowing. "What is this party of tea, you speak of?" yes, even 10 years after returning, she still used a hint of her old way of speaking.

Shining Armor, to respond to Luna, cast a one-way transparency spell on the door so she could see what was going on. She smiled and opened the door. "May I join you?" she asked. Twitterheart nodded and comanded her brother to get another chair. As he passed the adults, he mouthed, "Why me?" and they all tried not to laugh. Twilight looked at her brother.

"Is this really the same torture I put you through?" Twilight asked.

"Nope, even worse, you made us pretend that Cadence and I were married!"

"And what, praytell was wrong with that mister?" His wife demanded.

"No-nothing dear!" Shining armor looked at his raging wife and ran, for she had just rolled up a newspaper and was attempting to beat him with it. He screamed, "You'll never catch me alive!"

Celestia looked at Twilight who just responded, "No, I do not understand anything that goes through his head."

"I don't think he understands hardly anything you say either, Twilight." The sun goddess responded.

"Touche."

Inside, they heard Twitterheart scream, "Quick! Auntie Luna! Can you clean this before mommy finds out! I don't want her to know I changed the water into chocolate milk!"

Twilight opened the door. "Busted!"

"oh bullocks." Luna said.

Twitterheart leaned over to her brother and whispered, "On the count of three, run."

One.

Two.

Three.

"RUN AWAY FROM THE EVIL AUNT!" The two foals ran out the door, past Twilight and Celestia, all the way outside the castle.
Twilight turned to Luna.

"What do you have to say for yourself?"

Luna hung her head in shame. "I'm sorry."

"Very good, now let's go round up the others and make sure they're not murdering each other. Especially Cadence and Shining Armor."

Comments ( 15 )

This is made of cute and win!:raritystarry:

Haha, precious story, loved it :heart: You have a great style for lighthearted shorts, keep 'em coming :pinkiehappy:

813535 glad you said that. I was thinking of making it a Twilight/Shining Armor trilogy, and needed input on wether or not to make the third.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" xD

the cuteness....its overwhelming...its too much!!!!:twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

No, please no! Youre gonna… gonna make me… oh, Luna, no I'm gonna………

D'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

918202 If you think this is d'awww, read my other two one shots, it's a trilogy. then I have a novella that I'm working on. yeah. read please? :fluttershysad:

919440
Oh, I did. It was too cute for my D"AAWWWW alone, so i had to get some help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOzKypxTtdw

1975593

Incidentally, I'm fairly certain that was the fandom's reaction to Baby Applejack in "Apple Family Reunion". :rainbowlaugh:

Comment posted by Bookworm24 deleted Jan 17th, 2013
Login or register to comment