• Published 30th Sep 2014
  • 804 Views, 7 Comments

A Frayed Notebook with Pages Missing - Ezn



A collection of stories I never got around to finishing. Includes a sequel to The Humanification Bureau.

  • ...
0
 7
 804

My Little Brony

Rainbow Dash looked down at the thing in the cardboard box in a mixture of disgust and fascination. The pink hairless ape-baby looked up at her in a mixture of baby-emotions and other baby-emotions, but Rainbow wasn't a foal psychologist or whatever so she didn't know what to make of them.

Well, degree in foal psychology or no, Rainbow knew she couldn't just leave the creature out in the cold to get eaten by manticores, so she reached into the box with her forehooves and scooped it up, blankets and all.

"WAHH!"

Rainbow winced, thoroughly unprepared for the thing's ear-piercing wail. "Shh, shh," she said, rubbing a hoof on its forehead, "everything's fine. I won't hurt you, really!"

"W-wah?" The creature's crying stopped abruptly.

Rainbow smiled gently down at the child. "Yeah, you'll be just fine with me, you'll see. Now let's go get you something to eat."

The thing's mouth widened into a toothless grin.

"Maybe something to drink instead. You like milk, right?"

It nodded its pink, fleshy head vigorously.

"Hmm," said Rainbow, as she gently coasted through the clouds, the creature clasped to her chest. "You're a pretty smart kid. You have a family?"

The creature shook its head and seemed to pout.

"Well, maybe..." Rainbow's grin faltered slightly and she glanced worriedly behind her. "Hmm, I dunno. You got a name, kid?"

The creature opened its mouth a gurgled something unintelligible.

"Well, I don't think I know how to spell that... How about I just call you Stevie?"

'Stevie' made more unintelligible gurgling sounds, but Rainbow thought they sounded pretty happy.

"Stevie it is then!"

***

"But Mah-ahm! I don't wanna go back to school! All the other kids make fun of me..." Steven folded his arms across his chest and made a sullen expression.

Author's Note:

Did anyone ever make a proper effort at this? It seems like the obvious reversal of My Little Dashie to me, and there are probably some good jokes hiding away here.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment