• Published 29th Sep 2014
  • 2,866 Views, 125 Comments

Fluttershy’s Pokémon Adventure - ShadowFirePon3



Sometimes, to break out of your shell, you just need to go on a little adventure.

  • ...
4
 125
 2,866

Chapter 9: Business as Usual

Fluttershy had just finished the story of her day in the world of Pokémon, and everypony reacted in just about the same way as she anticipated.

“Why’d you run off all scared at the end there?” Rainbow asked. “I mean, you’re fine walking around in public in Equestria normally right? So if you realized that the humans were like ponies, why did that scare you so much?”

“I know.” Fluttershy said, rubbing her fore leg. “It’s just that, suddenly realizing that was really scary for me.”

“Well dear,” Rarity said, almost as confused about Fluttershy’s reaction as Rainbow. “It was a pretty slow reaction to the whole ‘Pokémon thieves’ thing.”

“I wasn’t really paying very good attention to it at the time. But it sank in later and I feel like such a feather brain for ignoring it up to that point.” Fluttershy said, drooping her head in shame.

“Come on y’all, give her a break. Why, if I were a betting pony, I’d say that y’all’d’ve been distracted by just about everything else goin’ on as well. Maybe there’d of been somethin’ else that you’d of overlooked.” Applejack said, walking over to Fluttershy’s chair and placing her hoof on her shoulder. “But yer’ doin’ a heap bit better now I’m sure.”

Perking up a bit, Fluttershy nodded and said, “Oh, yes. I’m over it now. And I want to try and be as friendly and outgoing as I was able to before, but it will probably be a little hard at first.”

Finally, Discord chimed in. “I for one am very proud of you Fluttershy. But then, I was proud of you the moment you asked for this little adventure.”

“For once,” Twilight said. “I agree with Discord. I never imagined that you’d try and put yourself into a situation like this, and at first I thought that you may have tried forcing yourself into something that you’re not ready for. But it looks like you do understand now. And the fact that you’re doing it for your own personal growth, I can’t help but support this. Just be careful.”

Pinkie Pie gasped loudly. “Discord! Can you send me to another dimension like Fluttershy? I bet there’s entire worlds made of candy and ice-cream.”

“As well as cake, cookies, and pie.” Discord said, juggling those three things into his mouth. “But this is a onetime only gift to Fluttershy. Given her reasons and the fact that she wouldn’t request this unless she was completely serious about it, how could I not oblige?”

“Now how in the hay are there worlds made of desserts?” Applejack raised an eyebrow. “In my experience, pies, cakes, cookies, ice-cream and candies don’t make themselves.”

“Because guys like me, with the power to alter reality, thought it would be fun to change the rules a little bit.” Discord said, taking a bow.

Rarity gasped. “There’s other creatures like you?”

“But of course.” Discord said, waving off the question as though it were common knowledge. “There are an infinite number of realities, and all have at least one spirit of chaos of their own.” Suddenly changing his posture and holding his arms up in gestures as though he were on stage, Discord continued to say, in a poetic fashion, “For ‘We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams; World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.’”

Twilight’s eyes sparkled in wonder. As much as he gets under her skin, Discords enchanting voice delivered the lines of this wonderful poem so elegantly that she couldn’t stop herself from saying in an elongated awe, “Beautiful.”

Everypony looked at Twilight with raised eyebrows, snapping her back to her senses. She quickly pulled her book up once more and dove right in to hide her embarrassed face.

“Well I can’t take the credit,” Discord said, returning to his comfy chair. “After all, I didn’t write it. But I must agree that it is a beautiful poem.”

Rainbow scratched the back of her head. “Yeah, beautiful. What does it mean exactly?”

“The short explanation is that it’s a poem about dreams and imagination, which is something that resonates well with me as those are the basis of my chaotic powers. The ability to skew the lines between dreams and reality, influencing the world around with the power of my imagination. Every world has a spirit of chaos because, as much as you would like to think otherwise, we are necessary. Without chaos, there are no dreams to be had, no imagination to create wonders, and all around no fun, just stagnant nothingness. True, I may get a little crazy sometimes, but you’d hate the world without me in it, whether you know it or not. And also, back to the worlds made of deserts. I’ve made cotton candy clouds that produce chocolate milk rain, if you recall. I don’t see how a world of desserts is that much farther of a stretch,” Discord shrugged.

“That’s true,” Fluttershy said, smiling at Discord. “When it comes to you, anything is possible.”

“I want to go to a world of desserts!” Pinkie yelled out enthusiastically, galloping over and clinging to discord like a little kid trying to get their parent to buy them something in the store.

Discord poofed out of Pinkie’s embrace and crossed his arms. “Sorry, but I’m not going to send ponies willy-nilly into random worlds.”

“That’s oddly responsible of you.” Twilight teased, looking over her book.

“Oh don’t read into it. I just don’t feel like putting in the effort.” Discord said, turning up his head, deliberately trying to discredit Twilights claim. And before she had the chance to tease him more for being embarrassed about being called ‘responsible’, he quickly added, “Anyways, it’s been fun, but there’s a certain princess who’s just asking for a little chaos.” And with a snap of his paw, he disappeared in an explosion of confetti, leaving in his place a red velvet cake with a note on top.

Pinkie Pie gasped excitedly and started scarfing down the cake. Twilight levitated the note over to herself and read aloud, “Not quite an entire world, but enjoy this cake all the same. Love, Discord.”

“That was sweet of him.” Fluttershy smiled and Pinkie nodded in agreement with a mouthful of cake and a face smeared with frosting.

After a few moments, Spike burped out another letter from the princess. Twilight scrunched up her nose and flailed her hoof at the air in front of her face, “EWWwww, Spike. Use some mouthwash. That smells like burned nachos.”

Spike nervously laughed and kicked the ground. “Sorry about that.”

Twilight unfurled the letter and quickly read it over, her face going pale as her magic dropped the scroll and she froze with her mouth agape.

Rarity picked up the letter with her own magic and read out loud. “The fiend has stolen my cake! On the off chance he happens to leave it with you, please don’t eat it.”

Pinkie Pie nervously swallowed the last bite of cake and looked at the tray with a nervous and guilty grin. “Oopsy.”

Rainbow held her hoof to her mouth, trying to contain herself, to no avail. Falling backwards and flailing her hooves every which direction, she laughed hysterically at Pinkie’s frosting covered guilty face. Rarity levitated a napkin to Pinkie’s face and wiped it clean.

“Well, this has been a rather, interesting evening. I do hope the princess is not too upset,” Rarity said, tossing the used napkin in the nearby waste basket.

Twilight rubbed the back of her head. “I don’t know. The princess really loves her cake. But if anything, she’ll just be a little upset with Discord for a bit, as long as he doesn’t do anything much worse.”

“In any case, I’ll be taking my leave now,” Rarity said, finishing off her tea and setting it elegantly back down on the table. “Oh, and Fluttershy, could I borrow you for an hour or so? I’d like somepony to model my new designs for some last few touch ups.”

“Oh, of course Rarity,” Fluttershy said, getting up to leave with her. She stopped for a moment and turned to the rest of her friends. “And thank you all for listening to me and understanding.”

“Sure thing sugar cube,” Applejack winked.

“We’re proud of you Fluttershy,” Twilight added.

“Just be sure to keep us in the loop,” Rainbow said, walking over to Fluttershy and nudging her in the side. “I want to hear all about the awesome things you do over there.”

“Me too!” Pinkie Pie said, quickly glomping Fluttershy.

Fluttershy thought for a moment. “Spike?” she said.

“Yes Fluttershy?” Spike said, walking over to her.

“Would you mind writing a letter to the princess for me?” She asked.

“No problem,” Spike smiled and quickly grabbed a quill and some parchment.

“Dear Princess Celestia,” Fluttershy began. “I know we’re done writing friendship reports to you, but I wanted to share something that I’ve just learned. It’s great to have friends by your side when you need them, but there are times that you need to learn to grow on your own. However, even in those times, true friends will always understand, and offer moral support in what it is you need to do. I feel like the luckiest mare in Equestria, because I have friends that are always looking out for me, whether I need them by my side, or to stand back and be that moral support, they’re always there for me. They give me the strength I need to face my trials with my head held high. Your faithful subject, Fluttershy. P.S. Sorry about the cake. It was gone before we knew it was yours.”

Spike sent the letter and everypony just stared at Fluttershy for a moment with big smiles on their faces. Fluttershy blushed and followed Rarity out of the castle and to her boutique. Upon entering her studio, Rarity jumped and laughed nervously.

“Do forgive the mess,” She said to Fluttershy, quickly levitating a few things back into place. “I was in the zone, and didn’t quite realize how bad it had gotten.” She looked at a pile of fabrics, unrolled and heaped up on her bed, and grimaced. “Though I can’t say I recall it being THIS messy.”

“That’s ok Rarity,” Fluttershy smiled. Rarity began quickly rolling up several bolts of fabric from her bed when Fluttershy noticed something in the pile. “Oh my,” She simply said, getting Rarity’s attention right away.

Underneath one of the layers of fabric that Rarity had just rolled up were two little white hind legs, frantically flailing around.

Rarity groaned. “Sweetie Belle,” She said, grabbing hold of one of the legs with her magic and pulling the incredibly hyper filly from the pile. “Are you the reason my studio is this messy?”

“Of course not.” Sweetie said, almost too fast to understand. She started moving her legs really fast, as though trying to gallop in midair. “I mean, I probably didn’t help while I was playing around, waiting for you to get home, but it was already a mess when I got here.”

“Sweetie, dear. Why are you so hyper right now?” Rarity said with a confused look at her floating, rambunctious little sister.

“Hyper? I’m not hyper. Well, maybe just a little,” Sweetie Belle said, still almost too fast to discern her words. “Pinkie let us try this new candy that she’s working on when we saw her at the train station. She said it’s the most energy inducing thing she’s ever tried to make. Honestly, I don’t notice anything. Am I hyper right now? Hey, why is the room spinning?”

“Because you’re flailing around while I have you levitated by one leg.” Rarity said, setting the spinning Sweetie Belle down and bolting all over the floor, running this way and that. “Remind me to have a talk with Pinkie about the amount of sugar she lets Sweetie Belle have when she visits,” she said to Fluttershy, who nodded in agreement.

Rarity tried to ignore Sweetie Belle’s running around and went straight back to tidying up, feeling that Sweetie really needed to burn off the energy anyway.

“Hey Fluttershy. Whatcha doing here?” Sweetie Belle said, now running in circles around Fluttershy.

Fluttershy looked down at the circling ball of energy and adorableness and giggled a little. “I’m here to help Rarity with her new designs.”

Suddenly, Sweetie stopped running and instead started jumping up and down really fast. “Ooh! Ooh! You’re here to model for her? I want to model too! I can be pretty enough to be a model, right? Rarity, please?”

“Why of course you are Sweetie.” Rarity said, smiling at her adorable little sister. “Unfortunately, I don’t have any filly size dresses to work on right now. Not that I have any confidence in your ability to stay still at the moment.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Sweetie Belle said, trying to stand still in defiance to the statement, only to prove Rarity’s point when she started bouncing up and down again after only a second.

“Precisely that,” Rarity nodded. “Now, would you mind playing outside for a little bit so that Fluttershy and I can work? Celestia knows that you need to burn off that energy before bed.”

“Yeah!” Sweetie yelled, galloping out the door.

“Why in Equestria would Pinkie need to make something that gets somepony that hyper?” Rarity sighed.

Fluttershy laughed, then paused for a moment. “It’s strange.”

“What is dear?” Rarity replied, grabbing her current line of projects.

“I honestly don’t know what I was expecting would happen when I told everyone about what I’m doing, but things just seem to be the same as before. Everything is normal.”

Rarity gave a warm smile. “Did you want things to change in some way?”

“No, not at all. I mean, that was what I was afraid would happen.” She said, shaking her head.

“Well, aside from looking forward to seeing how you learn and grow from the experience, how would things have changed between us? We are still your friends, and we’ve been through a lot of abnormal things together,” Rarity laughed. “If anything, I think that we all know by now that the best thing to do is to return to business as usual. Take whatever needs our attention as it comes, and not continue to fuss over it unnecessarily. Besides, we trust in you to be ok. And of course, if you need us for anything, we’re all here for you.”

“Thank you Rarity.” Fluttershy said with an almost tearful smile.

For the next hour and a half, Rarity had Fluttershy trying on various dresses and making adjustments to them as she saw fit, just as usual. Fluttershy was happy to be able to keep her sense of normalcy, even with her grand adventures to come. When Celestia began to set the sun and she made her way back to her cottage, she felt excited again to be going back to the world of Pokémon, because she knew that Equestria, her home, was right here for her to come back to.

Author's Note:

I am so sorry that it took this long to get this chapter out. I can't seem to coordinate with my proof reader at the moment. Life getting in the way I suppose. So this chapter went up without a second person having read through it. Which never changes the story or anything, they never seem to have any ideas or criticisms about that, but they usually find and fix most of my spelling and grammar mistakes. Since I've started writing a lot, I've gotten a lot better at not making those mistakes, but if anypony out there sees spelling or grammar mistakes in this chapter, let me know and I'll get it fixed. Thanks.