• Published 30th Oct 2014
  • 730 Views, 4 Comments

5 Elements Gone Wrong! - SonofThePoppyman



Twilight,Applejack,Rainbow Dash,Pinkie Pie, and Rarity all get transformed by Lex (OC Character)

  • ...
 4
 730

The Element of Treachery

Author's Note:

Sorry It came out so late but here it is.

-Meanwhile-

“AHHHH!” Sweetie Belle screamed as she ran through the woods of the everfree forest, with large frightened green eyes, and a pounding heart, she tried her best to keep herself from tripping over her hooves, while she ran through the dark bog.

A dark figure chased after her through the thick vines, and mysterious plants that seemed to close in on the small filly, only making her feel afraid of getting caught, while running as fast as she can. Another push through the thick bushes, had Sweetie Belle running up to the Cutie Mark Crusader’s tree house, which made her sigh in relief, while hearing a familiar laugh behind her.

“I'm going to get you, Sweetie Belle!” Scootaloo yelled with a laughable voice, as she scooted up by the dilly, who was wearing a large smile.

The two girls had been busy playing tag, while waiting for their next member, Applebloom to show up, and as if on queue, the leader strolled in with a raised eyebrow.

“Hey gals! What ya'll doing?” the curious filly asked, while staring at the two, who turned to smile at her.

“Oh hey Applebloom. We were just playing tag,” Sweetie said as she watched Scootaloo ride around her in circles on her scooter.

Once stopping after riding around for a few more minutes, Scootaloo sent Applebloom a raised eyebrow, “Why are you so late Applebloom? We all agreed that we were going to try to get our cutie marks, since there’s no school this week.

Applebloom gave the orange filly a slight apologetic smile, before explaining, “Sorry ya'll. Ah was doing my chores.”

An exasperated sigh left Scootaloo’s lips, as she rolled her eyes, “That's what you said yesterday, Applebloom! What’s going on here?”

“Nothing. Ah'm just really busy is all,” Applebloom answered, staring at the floor with a slight worried expression, while rubbing her foreleg with the other nervously..

Sweetie Belle stared at her two friends, one to the other, before feeling an awkward silence come between them, and decided to break the silence, by saying what was on her mind. “Alright, well we might as well start, since you’re here now, Applebloom.”

Scootaloo pretended to stare at her wrist as if she wore a watch, and suddenly sighed deeply, and prepared to get back on her scooter, “Well you two can go ahead. I have to go see Rainbow Dash...”

“But Ah thought we were going to-” Applebloom started, before Scootaloo cut her off...

“She promised to teach me flying lessons, and well, since you were a bit late today, I won’t have time to stay now. Rainbow Dash said something about her crew riding off to Manehattan, but she’ll be back soon. So, since it would be around this time she’d be giving me lessons, I have to go see her, and make sure we still got it on.”

“Well, bye then,” Sweetie said in a sad tone, as she watched her friend start her way off.

“See ya,” Applebloom said, her ears drooping slightly, as her tone grew sad, while her expression turned into a frown.

-5 minutes later-

The wheels of the small scooter screeched harshly along the dirt road, as Scootaloo looked up to see Rainbow’s cloud resting above the ground. “Rainbow, you up there?” Scootaloo soon asked, as while wondering if the Pegasus was up there.

A few seconds later, a small groggy, sleepy voice pierced the silence, as a rainbow mane poked itself from the cloud, before it followed a pair of half-opened magenta eyes, “Uh, who is it?”

“It’s me, Rainbow!” Scootaloo yelled up at the pegasus, while her wings flapped rapidly in excitement.

Feeling wide awake now, Rainbow Dash smiled brightly, “Oh, hey Scoot, what brings you here so early in the morning?”

“Its 11:00 o' Clock, Rainbow Dash,” Scootaloo said, as if correcting her, while raising an eyebrow.

“Oh, so what brings you here anywho?” Rainbow asked, landing on the ground now to face the filly, who smiled at the question.

“We are going to do some flying lessons. That's what you told me. So, I'm here.” Scootaloo answered, waiting patiently for Rainbow Dash to remember her promise.

Smirking, Rainbow made a beeline towards the sky, and held her hips with her hooves, “Right! Let’s get started!”

“Awesome!” Scootaloo replied, with her wings buzzing off, as she grinned in excitement.

-10 minutes of walking later-

The two ponies made it to a high cliff, and Scootaloo looked at her friend with a confused expression, “Uh, Rainbow why are we at a cliff?”

“So we...or you...can jump off and fly,” Rainbow answered, as if it was obvious.

“I don't think this will help me fly, Rainbow,” Scootaloo said, once she took a look over the cliff to see just how high they were, and cringed at the sight.

As if hearing this for the first time in her life, Rainbow Dash turned towards Scootaloo with wide eyes, and asked, “You can't fly?”

Scootaloo looked at Rainbow now with a raised eyebrow. as if wondering why she seemed so surprised, “You knew this already, Rainbow, that's why we are doing flying lessons. You were so loyal to me even though I can't fly,” she continued, while they both started their way back down the hill.

“Loyal?” Rainbow Dash never heard of the word, but continued to say what she was thinking, since it didn't make sense, “I thought you could fly. I mean, what kind of Pegasus can't fly?”

Scootaloo looked at Rainbow with a confused expression, while she continued speaking, “Pegasus half your age can fly. Don't waste my time here, Scootaloo. If you can't fly, don't bother coming to me for flying lesson.” They both stopped walking for a few minutes, and Rainbow Dash turned to the filly to face her with a serious expression, “I thought you meant teach you some skills, but I can't because you can't fly. You shouldn't be in my fan group if you can't fly Scoots.”

At this news, Scootaloo felt her heart break into a thousand pieces, as her eyes filled with tears. “What are you saying, Rainbow Dash? You said I was special, but I guess you were lying all along!” The barrier broke, and the tears flowed over, and down her cheeks, as she stared at Rainbow with a hurt frown.

At those words, Rainbow glared at her, “Special? You’re far from it. You shouldn't have wings if you can't fly, plus I'm the Element of Treachery. I don't have to be loyal to anypony. I gotta go anyway. I have some work to do.” Sighing deeply, she spread her wings, and then flew off, leaving a dark rainbow behind her.

Scootaloo was left sitting on her flank, her ears drooped, and sobbing heavily at the heartbreaking news.

-Meanwhile on the Train to Cantorlot-

“We have to hurry. I wish the train went faster,” Spike complained, leaning his chin on his paw, as he and Fluttershy made their way to Canterlot.

“We will be there soon. We just have to be patient, Spike,” Fluttershy said, giving the baby dragon an assuring smile, that everything was going to be fine.

“Yeah...” Spike said, while staring out the window, bored of seeing mostly mountains rolling by, “I'm going to send Celestia a letter to tell her we are coming.”

“Oh, alright,” Fluttershy replied, while she turned to stare out the window, wondering what would happen once they got to Camterlot. I hope Celestia knows a counter spell, if this is a spell... Fluttershy thought to herself.