• Published 30th Oct 2014
  • 725 Views, 4 Comments

5 Elements Gone Wrong! - SonofThePoppyman



Twilight,Applejack,Rainbow Dash,Pinkie Pie, and Rarity all get transformed by Lex (OC Character)

  • ...
 4
 725

When it begins......

“Stop Lex! You don't know what you’re doing! You could kill pony kind if you continue this...” Celestia exclaimed in rage, and panic, as she watched the pony before her with wide eyes, as he stood with a dark smirk, his horn glowing a bright blue.

“No, Celestia. I'm going to save pony kind. Just you wait. After I pull this lever, you won’t have any more worries,” the mysterious pony said, with his smirk darkening his face, as he made his way closer to where the red lever sat on the machinery.

“We have to stop him girls at all costs!” Twilight exclaimed next, as her horn began to glow with white magic, as she tried to cast a spell. The other mane five circled around her, and closed their eyes, ready to stop Lex from his evil plot.

Rainbow Dash was the first to look up, as she pointed at the pony angrily, “Its too late!”

Everypony looked up as Lex spoke, “I'm going to pull it. Right. Now.”

“NO!” everypony shouted in panic and fear, as the blue magic wrapped around the lever, and pulled it down hard. The room went dark, and so did everypony else...


~A Few Days Earlier~

Spike woke up to the sound of birds singing, and the sun glaring through his window, and forcing his eyes to open. A small yawn stretched across his mouth in a sleepy haze, as he climbed out of his basket, “Good morning, Twilight,” the baby dragon said sleepily, as he walked over to where Twilight’s bed sat.

To his surprise, she wasn’t there. He looked around the room, and raised an eyebrow, “Twilight? Where could she be?”

A soft humming was heard outside the room, and in walked Twilight Sparkle with a towel wrapped around her head. She gave Spike a soft ruffle on his head, and greeted him with a cheerful smile, “Good morning Spike.”

“Morning Twi, had a nice shower?” Spike asked, relieved to know that she was only in the bathroom.

Twilight nodded at his question, as she straightened out the wrinkles in her bedspread, and waved him off, “I’ll be down for breakfast soon Spike. You go ahead.”

Spike gave Twilight a confused expression, before shrugging his shoulders, and decided to see if anything needed to be done downstairs, while he waited for Twilight to join him.

~Few minutes later~

“Looks like Twilight was busy last night,” he soon said, once at the bottom of the staircase. A massive display of books littered the floor, making it look like Twilight was in a hurry to find something important. Not wanting to guess what she was up to, Spike started whistling softly, as he began to pick up the books, and put them back where they belonged.

It only took him 10 minutes, no less. “That was easy,” he said with a triumphant smile, as he brushed off his claws, and soon turned around to bump right into Twilight.

“You alright Spike?” Twilight asked, suddenly glad that the place was spotless of books, though she’d forgotten how it happened.

“Yeah, I'm fine. How are you fe-” Spike stopped in mid-question, and stared at Twilight with large eyes in panic. “TWILIGHT WHERES YOUR HORN!?!” he shouted, rushing over to her, and climbing on her back to make sure his eyes weren’t playing tricks on him.

“What do you mean? I never had a horn...” Twilight answered calmly, helping Spike down off of her back, as she raised an eyebrow in his direction.

Spike just looked at Twilight like she was crazy. Why doesn’t she remember having a horn? Unless she puta spell on herself by accident, and it disappeared... Spike thought to himself with a deep frown.

Looking back up at Twilight now, he decided he’d find the other girls, and let them know. First, starting with Rarity. Maybe she knows what happened.

“Well, I have to go, and see Applejack. I’ll be back later,” Spike explained, turning around to head to the door.

“Alright, I'm going to the market, so you can meet me there once you're done.” Twilight replied, as she sent the small dragon a smile, and watched him run off without another word.

This is not good, Spike thought, running to Sweet Apple Acres as fast as he could. I hope Applejack can help me with this problem.

-10 minutes later-

Spike ran through the entrance of Sweet Apple Acres looking around for Applejack. He was out of breath, and stopped to take a quick breather, while his big green eyes searched for his friend.

Where is she? She would usually be out here in the fields? Spike wondered to himself.

Upon his question, Spike heard a door slam as he got closer to the farmhouse. There is Big Mac. I wonder if he knows where Applejack is? The dragon asked himself, as he raised an eyebrow, and scurried on over to where the older pony stood.

Big Mac, a adult pony who had a red coat, and a green apple for a cutie mark, was surprised to see the small dragon running up to him in haste. He was busy chewing on a hay straw, as Spike ran up to him, also out of breath too, and waited to see what he had to say, “Good morning, Bic Mac. Where’s Applejack?” Spike asked, his eyes looking around one more time to make sure he really didn’t see her anywhere.

“Morning Spike. She's inside,” Big Mac said, his ton was rather upsetting, and a bit edgy, as if he was sad, but angry of something.

Spike noticed this, and had to ask, “Is everything alright, Big Mac?”

“Eyupe...I have to go to work now...” The strong pony said, before walking off to the Apple Fields.

Spike watched Big Mac leave without another word, his eyebrow raised again, as he wondered what could be wrong with Applejack’s brother. Shrugging his shoulders slightly, and thinking he can get to that later, he faced the front door of the farmhouse, and knocked lightly.

“Come in,” Applejack said, her voice loud and clear.

Spike stepped into the house, a bit weary of how quiet the place was today. Granny Smith was nowhere to be found, and neither was the cutiemark crusaders. They’re probably in school. He thought with another shrug, before closing the door behind him, and walking down the hall to find out where Applejack was. In a few more paces, he found her in the kitchen, making apple pies.

The orange pony was pulling out another pan, and set it on the counter. She wore a bright blue apron, and turned around to give Spike a small smile, before she placed a plate of breakfast on the table for her to eat. “Morning Spike. What brings ya to the Apple Farm?” Applejack asked, after hanging up the apron, and sitting down to eat her food.

“Something happened to Twilight,” Spike said, getting straight to the point, as he gave Applejack a serious expression.

“What happened to her?” Applejack asked, her expression full of worry, as this news made her stop eating for a few minutes, to hear what the dragon had to say.

“I'm not sure, but somehow, she’s an earth pony...” Spike was cut off by Applejack's laughter. “Whats so funny!?” Spike asked, looking confused, and a bit embarrassed, as Applejack swiped away a tear.

Y’all scare me half to death, Spike. I thought something happened to Twilight...” Applejack said, in between giggles.

Spike’s eyes widened at Applejack, as if she’d gone nuts. “Something DID happen! She’s an Earth Pony!” He was already becoming frustrated by Applejack’s actions. Why doesn’t she understand what Spike was saying?

Of course she’s an earth pony, Spike. Has been ever since she came to town,” Applejack continued, giving Spike a wide grin, before she continued eating her breakfast, leaving Spike to think to himself.

“But, that makes no sense...” Spike started, until Applejack raised an eyebrow of her own, before frowning in confusion.

“What do ya mean?” she asked, pointing her hoof at him, before picking her spoon again to eat.

Instead of answering her question, he gave her one, “Applejack, did you see Fluttershy any time today?”

The apple pony rubbed her chin, while her eyes squinted in thought, before she answered, “Course Ah did. She said something about going to the uh..everfree forest...yea...” She nods, making sure of herself, she knew what she was talking about, while the Dragon only stared at her with a raised eyebrow.


He wasn’t sure, but something about what Applejack just told him, didn’t sound right. She couldn’t be lying to me...right? I mean, she’s the element of honesty, why would she?

Setting the thought aside for a bit, Spike shook his head gently, before saying, “I have to go see Fluttershy now. See you later, Applejack.” And with that, he ran out of the kitchen, down the hall, and out the door towards Fluttershy’s cottage.

After Spike left, Applejack continued to rub her chin, her expression thoughtful, until she asked herself in confusion, “Who the hay is Fluttershy?”

~Few Moments Later
Spike made it to Fluttershy's cottage, and knocked on the door quickly, hoping that the animal lover was home.

“Who's there?” Fluttershy asked, her soft voice coming from hinside the small house.

“It’s me, Spike!” the small dragon answered, “It’s urgent!”

Peeking her head out from the top door now, Fluttershy gave a soft smile to her friend, and opened the bottom half of the door, while saying, “Come right in, Spike.” The dragon made himself in, and stared at the animals who were all either eating, or just sitting still and wondering who had come to visit their caretaker.

Once they walked in, Fluttersy sat down on a chair, while turning back to Spike, who was suddenly surrounded by the little creatures, and said politely, “Good morning Spike. What brings you here so early in the morning?”

She was curious of why the dragon was here, since he’d usually be at Rarity’s, helping her with the making clothing and what not. It took her by surprise of how the small critters participated around the dragon, trying to share their food, and make small conversation. The dragon though, wasn’t very amused. He came to talk, not have tea parties, but not wanting to be rude, he did take a seat with some of the creatures, who were finally happily that he’d obliged their requests.

“I have some news about Twilight,” he said, speaking up to see Fluttershy get up from her chair, and walk over to where he sat.

“Oh? And what about Twilight? Did something happen?” She sat next to him, and shooed some of the critters away, since she found this might be something extremely important.

Spike gave a heavy sigh, before staring up at Fluttershy with panic in his eyes, “I don’t know how it happened, but I woke up this morning, finding out that Twilight is an earth pony!”

It took Fluttershy a few minutes to process this, and her eyes lowered, as a worried expression took place of her happy one, “Oh my..how could this have happened? Was she trying to work on a spell recently?”

Spike thought for a few moments, while tapping his chin with one of his claws, “That's what I want to know, and I'm going to try to find out what’s going on.” Staring at the critters, as Fluttershy continued feeding a few, he asked in a soft voice, “If you’re not so busy today, do you think...maybe...you help me?”

“Of course. If our friends arein jeopardy, then I am willing to help save them.” She answered with a determined expression, before standing on her hooves again, and asked, “But...um...where do we start?”

Spike frowned in thought, and then nodded, “We’ll first, find Twilight. She said she’d be in the market area. So, we can look for her there, and see what she’s up to.” That felt right.

“Lead the way,” Fluttershy said, smiling at the dragon, before letting her critters know she’ll be back as soon as this quest was over; and made Angel in charge while she was gone. The small white bunny saluted her, and closed the door heavily, after the two left, making Fluttershy blush slightly, as Spike raised an eyebrow up at her.

Hopping onto Fluttershy’s back, Spike lead onward back to Ponyville. Once the two got there, everyone was busy doing something. The cakes had another delivery, so the twins had to be watched by Pinkie Pie...again...

Everyone else was clearly engrossed in their own works, and didn’t pay much attention to Spike and Fluttershy, as they made their way into town. Spike was busy checking out every little detail, and Fluttershy seemed a bit nervous; not because of the ponies around her, but more likely, leaving the critters all alone with Angel, who can be pretty agressive when it came to orders.

“She should be here somewhere,” Spike said, placing a claw over his eyes, so he can see a bit farther from where he sat.

A certain fashionista soon shown up Fluttershy’s eyesight, and she smiled brightly, before suggesting, “Look there's Rarity! Maybe she’s seen Twilight. Let’s go ask her.”

“Sure,” Spike said, feeling a bit relieved to see one of their friends roaming about. Especially Rarity, since he was fond of her.

Fluttershy trotted over to where the fashionista stood, who was admiring a ponies’ dress, that had colorful embroidery on it. Though, the pony herself, thought Rarity could do something other than stare at her dress, as if she wanted to do something horrible to it. The Fashionista wore a bright purple hat, and her working glasses, while a yellow scarf hung around her neck.

It seemed the Fashion pony didn’t realize Fluttershy coming up towards her, as her concentration grew heavy with suspicioun on the dress. The voice of the yellow pony made her look up with a raised eyebrow, once the pony she had addressed walked off, looking annoyed, “Good morning Rarity.”

“Good morning. Uh, who are you again?” Rarity asked, staring at the pegasus with a confused expression.

“It’s me, Fluttershy,” Fluttershy said, her expression mocking her friends’, as she too, raised an eyebrow, before furrowing them in a slight worried expression.

Spike hopped off of Fluttershys’ back to address Rarity, but didn’t have much to say, before he was soon in her grasp, being held closely to her form, as she squealed with excitement, “SPIKEY WIKEY! How are you? It’s been a few days since I saw you last.”

Spike looked confused now, and though the affection made him blush, he wasn’t sure what she meant by, “a few days...”
Clearing his throat though, he fumbled with his claws nervously, and said, “Yeah, so Rarity, have you seen Twilight anytime today?”

Rarity tapped her chin with her hoof in thought, as if trying to remember who Twilight was, and then nodded, “Yes I have she was looking for a type of bag, so I told her where she could find it.” Rarity said.

By the time the three spoke, they hadn’t realized they followed Rarity to the Boutique. She walked in, seeing that she had a few customers to attend to. Excusing herself quickly of the two, she began her daily work, and was soon absorbed in it.

Spike ran over to where she stood, and said, “Thanks Rarity. Where would the stand that sells bags be?”

Rarity finished writing down a few more measurements, for a customers’ dress, and answered Spike in a rushed voice, “Just walk down the road, then take a right, after that, another right, then a left, then one more right, and you’ll see it on your left.”

Spike scratched his head, not sure if it was her directions that confused her, or the thought of having to walk..it seemed to him...in zig zags, “Alright?”

“Miss, can I scan, and pay for my stuff now?” a random pony asked, clearly not one for being patient, as she held alot of clothing tools in her hooves.

“No! You wait your turn!” Rarity shouted, suddenly getting looks from everypony in the place, especially the one who asked, who only stared at her with a dark glare.

“Rarity, that wasn't a generous thing to do,” Fluttershy said, staring at the pony with a raised eyebrow.

“So?” Rarity asked, glaring towards Fluttershy, before continuing, “I'm the Element of Stinginess. I don't have to be generous.”

Stinginess? Fluttershy thought to herself.

“We have to go now Rarity. Thanks for the help!” Spike said, as he jumped on Fluttershy's back. “Lets go, Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy nodded, not wanting to stay around any longer anyways, and made her way out of the shop. Once outside, she began to trot down the road, “Where are we going?”

“To Celestia, we have to tell her what’s going on.” Spike answered, with a small frown. “I’m not sure what’s happening, but I know its not anything good.”

Fluttershy was no baffled. First, they were off to find Twilight, and now they have to see Celestia? Fluttershy wasn’t sure what Spike was up to, but she went along with the quest. She had to ask the question, “Why?” Sending Spike a raised eyebrow.

“Because, we need to inform her of what’s going on with the others.” Spike answered, looking determined, and also worried.

Fluttershy nodded slightly, and continued trotting quickly now to the train station, “Well then, we better hurry so we’re not late for the train.”

Author's Note:

Sorry for all the minute things :P (Hope you Enjoy the first chapter to my story)