• Published 3rd Oct 2014
  • 2,896 Views, 33 Comments

Falling Through the Mirror - StarlightEmber



Sunset Shimmer Wakes up in Equestria and has no idea how she got there. Afraid of going to Princess Celestia for guidance she turns her attention to Ponyville.

  • ...
7
 33
 2,896

The Meeting (3)

Author's Note:

Sorry this has taken me so long!:twilight blush:
I just hadn't decided what direction I wanted to take the story, Thank you all so much for the favorites!! I never expected my story to get so many views!:pinkiesmile:

Sunset Shimmer stepped out into the cobblestone street, the former student of Princess Celestia thought the scene reminded her of the other world in a way. Ponies trotted into shops and went through the farmers market.
The pair made their way through the crowd and toward the old cafe near where Twilight’s library once stood. As they neared the cafe, Sunset noticed that ponies everywhere around them gave the new princess a head nod, of a slight bow as the passed by. Sunset could not help but be a little jealous. After all that was supposed to be hers…
“Twilight!” shouted a voice with a bit of country twang Sunset immediately realized belonged to Applejack.
“Applejack! I’m so happy you could make it.” The lavender pony replied.
“Oh um, hey Twilight.” Replied another small voice.
Twilight Sparkle turned, “Fluttershy, I almost didn’t see you there."
“It-it-it’s fine Twilight.” The butter colored pegasus replied sheepishly and looked at the secular pony that was standing beside Twilight.
Twilight Sparkle followed her gaze over to the orange unicorn. She cleared her throat. “Girls, this is Sunset Shimmer.”
Sunset smiled her best at them. She just could not get over how much they resembled the girls she knew very well. She tried her foremost reply to them. “Hi, I’m Sunset Shimmer, you uh, have probably heard a lot about me.” The unicorn looked at the girls and waited for them to yell at her for the things she had done to Twilight.
Applejack jumped right up off the hay bale she was sitting on. “Well, I’ll be! Your Sunset Shimmer! Applejack looked like she was seeing the zapp apples form. "We have heard so much about you, and we are so happy you're here!"
Before Fluttershy had the chance to say anything, Rainbow Dash came flying in carrying Pinkie, with Rarity trotting slowly behind them trying not to get her cape in the mud.
The cyan pegasus dropped Pinkie Pie gently onto a pile of loose hay nearby the table and Dash landed swiftly on the ground next to Fluttershy at the table the group had.
“So,” she stated “You’re that Sunset Simmer chic from the other world huh?” The pegasus twisted around so she was now facing Twilight. “How do you know she has come here in peace Twilight?”
Twilight gave the rainbow pegasus a disapproving glare.
Sunset was now facing Rainbow Dash with a hurt look on her face. “First off, it’s Shimmer, not Simmer, And I know that you may have heard horrible things about me, but I have changed. I’m in a much better place now.”
“Well I for one am delighted that you are here with us darling!” Rarity stated while she had finally made it to the table the girls were sitting at. “Rainbow is just being skeptical.” She whispered in a hushed tone to Sunset.
The calm day was suddenly shook when BOOM there was an explosion and the air was filled with pastel confetti.
“SUNSET SHIMMER!” There was a pink blur and Sunset was knocked onto the ground by the pink pony.
Sunset looked dazed for a moment and then looked up at the pony jumping up and down infant of her. “Pinkie Pie?”
The earth pony smiled “Well duh! Who else would have a party cannon as amazing as mine?! Sorry it took me a minute though, when Dashie dropped me in the hay I had to run all the way back to Sugar Cube corner to get my cannon, and when I got there I couldn’t help myself from eating some cupcakes-“
Applejack cut her off “I think she gets the picture Pinkie Pie.”
The food came out to their table a few minutes later, the waiter didn’t look happy to see the confetti on the floor.
The sun was starting to set, and the girls finished up and went their separate ways. Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer were trotting back to Twilight’s Kingdom Castle. Sunset had a solemn look on her face.
Twilight looked over at Sunset and saw tears forming over her aqua eyes as her hooves tripped over the rough cobblestone.
Twilight started to worry, what if she didn’t like my friends? What if she didn’t feel welcome? She paused for a moment, What if she doesn’t like me?
The purple alicorn pushed her thoughts aside for a moment to see what was bothering her friend. “What’s wrong Sunset?”
“Nothing, I’m fine.” She spat with a scowl on her face.
“Are you sure, because I know they are a little skeptical, especially Rainbow-“
Sunset cut her off “It’s not that Twilight,” she paused and contemplated her words for a moment and inhaled deeply. “I’m just worried about Princess Celestia, and what she’ll say to me when I see her.”
“I know she won’t be mad at you Sunset Shimmer,” Twilight stepped in front the orange mare, stopping her in her tracks. “I know that It may seem that she’s disappointed in you, but I know she’s not. I’ve seen you, the real you, and it is not that mare you used to be.”
Sunset didn’t say anything for a moment, but just stood there and studied Twilight’s deep purple eyes, “God they’re gorgeous.”
After a few awkward seconds Sunset Shimmer stepped aside and cleared her throat, “Thank you Twilight.”
“Don’t mention it.”
The pair continued and saw the castle glowing with a gorgeous aura surrounding it in the moonlight.
Gorgeous
Why had she thought that about Twilight’s eyes, she had never had any thoughts about her friend like that before. She shook the thought out of her mind and entered the castle behind Twilight.
"SPIKE!" The princess yelled down the corridor, giving the other mare a heart attack.
"We're up here!"
"We're?" Twilight thought, "that's strange."
After trotting up two flights of stairs they reached the Library. Twilight stopped dead in her tracks.
Sunset followed her gaze and gasped at what she saw.
"Discord!?"

Comments ( 8 )

NEED NEXT CHAPTER PLEASEEEEEEEEEE! :pinkiehappy:

hope more soon love this :heart::heart:

5119256 so it this story is dead...or what?

5119256 so is this story dead...or what?

I like the twist at the end. Didn't see that coming.

Where are the other chapters?:duck:

The sun was starting to set, and the girls finished up and went their separate ways. Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer were trotting back to Twilight’s Kingdom Castle. Sunset had a solemn look on her face.
Twilight looked over at Sunset and saw tears forming over her aqua eyes as her hooves tripped over the rough cobblestone.

is kingdom supposed to be crossed out or deleted???

More please comeback😭

Login or register to comment