• Published 21st Sep 2014
  • 415 Views, 18 Comments

The Freaks of Old - PsychoMeerkat



As Twilight starts getting settled into being a princess with her own castle. Crazy events start occuring within Equestria. Who are the Freaks of Old? What do they want? Why are they here?

  • ...
4
 18
 415

Please wake up...

Author's Note:

No chapter art this time 'cos I'm a lazy fehk.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Dash sat awake, her head lying on the stomach of her almost lifeless friend. The constant beeping of the heart monitor was the only sound she could hear aside from her own sobbing.

Dash raised her head to take another look at her friend. She still hadn't moved...

Dash returned to her sobbing, her tears dripping onto the blanket that covered a heavily injured pegasus.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

So many thoughts conflicted her at once, so many, terrifying, heart-crushing, painful, tearful, thoughts. They pierced through her usually cocky personality and struck her at her core, making it impossible for her to resist the onslaught of tears that flowed from her eyes. They were so sore that she honestly felt that touching them would make them fall off...

Beep. Beep. Beep

Dash took a moment to try and get her thoughts together, and to try to figure out what her mind was trying to tell her.

'It's all my fault. I should have never convinced Twilight to take us to that god damned temple! IT'S ALL MY FAULT!' Dashes tears began to well up into a waterfall of depression. 'I killed her, I killed Fluttershy! Nopony will ever forgive me, not even me!' Her head began throbbing, she couldn't bare the thoughts any longer...'I can't live with this guilt, I just can't! I'll be hated forever, the rest of my life I will be hated be everyone that sees me.'

"Please wake up...Please Fluttershy, just wake up, I can't bare it anymore!" Dash exclaimed, hoping to wake up the unconscious mare.

Dashes thoughts were interrupted by a certain beating. It had a certain rhythm to it, it was familiar...

Dash felt her head slowly bobbing up and down. But not on her own intent...Something was moving her head. She could hear something breathing...It can't be...

Dash quickly raised her head and turned towards Fluttershy, as she witnessed something she was hoping for this entire time...Fluttershy was waking up.

"She's waking up!" Dash called, notifying the nearby doctors and nurses what was happening.

The doctors didn't delay, as three immediately entered the room with a trolley covered in medicine, food and water. Fluttershy's breathing became heavier and quicker, as she let out a small whimper. She suddenly sat up, screaming as her eyes widened.

"Fluttershy, calm down! It's just me, it's just me!" Dash exclaimed, pulling Fluttershy into a tight hug. "It's ok, I'm here for you...I wont let this happen to you ever again!" Dash continued, tightening the hug.

Fluttershy calmed down, and looked at Dash, then observed the room. It was a large room, only one bed, medical supplies were in high supply, and there was a single window to her right. Fluttershy soon realized where she was. She was in a hospital bed, surrounded by doctors. And it was at this point, Fluttershy's mind went back to normal, and so she spoke.

"Wh-where...t-the guardian, h-he-"

"Fluttershy, it's fine, we're safe...You're safe..." Dash interrupted, comforting Fluttershy as a stream of happy tears poured down her face.

Fluttershy remembered what had happened, but she wasn't sure if it was real or just a bad dream...She needed confirmation. She looked down, at her stomach, it was tightly wrapped in bandages...It was real...

"Miss Fluttershy, how are you feeling?" Asked the leading doctor.

"I-I feel...strange..." Replied Fluttershy with a slight twist in her expression.

"That is to be expected, we had to use a very powerful anaesthetic due to the injury you suffered. To make matters worse, you've been in a coma for a week now." He said before handing her a small glass of a purple liquid, a medical drink, no doubt. "Drink this, it will ease your headache." He continued with a smile on his face.

Fluttershy lifted the glass to her mouth, observing the liquid inside. She inhaled the scent it was giving off, it was a sweet, yet sour smell, it was fruity, but also bitter. She lightly poured the liquid into her mouth, taking small sips at a time. After a few sips, she let out a sigh of relaxation.

'What is this stuff?' She asked herself, 'Whatever it is, it's working.'. She laid back and smiled gently, much to the relief of everyone else in the room. Slowly, but surely, her headache began to clear, and her heart began to relax.

Dash wiped her tears away and stood up. "I'll go tell the others that you're okay, just try not to think about what happened. Okay?" Dash asked, looking into Fluttershy's eyes and smiling gently. Fluttershy nodded, and Dash muzzled her gently. "See you later, Flutters." Dash said, waving to Fluttershy as she left the room.

'I'm so glad I have a friend like her. But...what DID happen?'

Comments ( 6 )

Blech. Too sappy.

This is awesome!

5036815
5037079
5037799
5258421
Sorry for the long wait, guys. I've been busy with school work and haven't had time. My Garry's mod has also decided to glitch out so making covers for the chapters will also take a long time. But I promise, I will eventually find time.

Login or register to comment