• Published 30th Oct 2014
  • 1,199 Views, 11 Comments

Johnny Powell's Personal Journal - Nightmare_0mega



Research on the Occult doesn't stop when you are transported to a land of magic talking ponies. If anything, it's only just a bigger incentive. At least just to keep whatever non-existant sanity you have left.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,199

Journal Entry #3

Well, fuck.

So, after a lot (and I do mean a lot) of creeping around the shade at night, stealing usable garbage, and living either in the forest or under the bridge, all while trying to find a way out of this pastel nightmare, I've finally been caught. Allow me to explain exactly what happened, despite the fact that no one in their right mind would read this nonsense unless they are ACTUALLY mentally ill... like me.

Honestly, I should have seen it coming. Remember that little cottage that sat beside the forest of doom? The one with the chicken coup I failed to raid? Yeah, apparently she's been keeping an eye out for me, and has seen me on more than one occasion when I made my nightly runs. I had a feeling I was being watched, but then again, I've always had that feeling, and this time I was fucking right. Of course I had to ignore it when I needed the most, but that's how bloody cliches operate.

To make a long story short, they've watched me enough to figure out where to wait for me. I should NOT have trusted that cupcake that was just sitting on the table on it's own. But, ya know, starvation can really addle the mind. Before I even had a chance to snatch the pastry and make a run for it, I was suddenly caught in an aura of light-ish red. I was later told the correct color term is "light brilliant raspberry", but I'm no artist or fashion designer, damnit! The captor in question was named Twilight Sparkle and she, and her other five friends, including that yellow pegasus with the pink mane, had alot of questions for me.

Who am I? Where did I come from? Why are you running around town stealing things? Did you know stealing garbage is considered creepy and disgusting? The usual shtick, really. I was VERY reluctant at first, especially with the living gay pride flag badgering me the way she did. It took an orange, normal looking pony to ground the aggressive cyan equine. Honestly, it was rather satisfying to watch, what with the hard tug on the tail, before a nice and heavy thud. Not enough for her to see stars, sadly.

So yeah, they grilled me for information, and eventually I finally explained my situation. They were rather shocked to learn I wasn't from this world, and even more shocked I've been here for a while now. Then Twilight noticed I had a book with me, snatched it, and quickly realized I've been not only chronicling my time here, but I've also been busy with what little research I managed to do. Then, I saw her eyes pretty much match the namesake of her surname, before being bombarded with even more questions. Mostly along the lines of if I was a researcher where I came from, and if I was an intellectual like her.

Well, I did clarify it was EXTRAORDINARILY rude to just take my only belonging like she just did (which they later pointed out I wasn't innocent of either), and that I actually had a tough time believing this place from the get go. With that said, I did see some crazier, much more VIOLENT shit in my time on the field. So, yes, I did tell her I was an occultist, a paranormal researcher, and a psudo-therapist and chronicler for someone I both wanted to see again and NEVER wanted to see again.

More questions came quickly after that, but I backed them off by saying I was tired, starving, and I just REALLY needed a break from the madness. Twilight was kind enough to offer me lodging in the spare room she had and told her assistant, Spike, to fix up something for me to eat. I'll have to remind myself to thank the little dragon for the meal one day, and grill him for information about his kind. I mean, when am I EVER going to get the chance to talk to an actual DRAGON in my lifetime? Might as well take the opportunity while I'm still in this horrible place.

Twilight had also agreed on giving me full access to her library for research purposes, so that seems like a plus. Really, despite the cupcake being a lie and the sudden capture, things went better than I thought. At least I'm not outside anymore. I should also probably go take that shower now, like that purple and white unicorn suggested. Despite how mildly unpleasant I smell, I'm just surprised I don't smell like total horseshit.

Author's Note:

Hooray! Story chapter!

Remember to tell me what you like and don't like (especially if you thumb me down), so I can adjust myself accordingly within reason.