• Published 21st Sep 2014
  • 1,136 Views, 51 Comments

My Little Battalion: Tank Battles Are Magic - CyberFan479



The Mane Six competes in competitive tank battles. (Crossover with World of Tanks)

  • ...
5
 51
 1,136

Chapter 3: Brotherhood (And Sisterhood) Of Arms Part II

A cloud of a dust and dirt was kicked up as Pinkie and Rainbow Dash raced towards the driving track. Rainbow Dash took the lead for most of the way there, but Pinkie managed to beat her.

"I'm the best, I won, and you're a stinky rubbish truck!" teased Pinkie, emerging from her tank.

"No fair! I want a rematch!" Rainbow Dash protested as she climbed out of her tank, "And how is a rubbish truck have anything to do with this?"

"Hey! Give me a break! I didn't have enough time to come up with a snarky remark! So I had to borrow one from a someone else. "

"Someone? Who are you talking about?" Rainbow Dash put a hand to her forehead, "You know what? I would rather not find out..."

"Hey look! we're here!" Pinkie gestured to the driving track in front of them. There were several tracks, each completely different from the other. Several tanks were parked nearby, and a few more were driving on the tracks honing their driving skills. Rainbow Dash looked around, and saw a rather peculiar sight. A large greenish blue tank with a tow cable attached to it, the other end of the cable was attached to an unbelievably long pale brown tank that had sunken into the mud, a smaller tan brown tank was pushing from behind.

"What's going on over there?"

"I don't know, but maybe we can help them out?"

"Are you serious Pinkie? That tank looks huge, and super heavy!"

"At least we can provide moral support?"

Rainbow Dash looked at the tanks, they appeared to be struggling to get the longer tank out of the mud. Although her's and Pinkie's tanks were quite small, it couldn't hurt to try.

"Well, might as well see what we can do," Rainbow Dash replied, driving towards the struggling tanks.

As they approached, the full extent of the struggle became apparent. The roaring of engines was thunderous. The clash of steel on steel was present as the tan brown tank tried to push from behind. Nopony could imagine the strain on the tow cable as the tank in front tried to surge forwards. Nearby, a petite mare with a pale white coat, a long deep blue mane and matching eyes stood watching. Her uniform was just like the Harmony Tanker's, though it was coloured grey.

Rainbow Dash climbed out of her tank, "Hey! Do you need some help?"

The mare turned to Rainbow Dash, "Well, I certainly don't need help at the moment," she responded in a rather posh accent, "Though you can help them help me get my tank out of the mud if you could, not like I'm doubting your tanks' abilities."

"Isn't that like, indirectly helping you?" Pinkie questioned as she hopped out of her tank.

The mare thought for a moment, before replying, "I suppose so... Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Lapis Glimmer."

"Name's Rainbow Dash, the fastest pegasus around here and the pony who's going to help you get your tank out of the mud!"

"I'm Pinkie Pie, and I can tell you that I'M AM SO EXCITED TO MEET NEW PONIES! AfterthistournamentIshouldtotallythrowyoupartymaybecongratulatingyouorcheeringyouupafteryoullostdependingonifyoudowinorlose..."

"Excuse me, Rainbow Dash, I think your friend here is a little-" Glimmer paused, trying to find the word, "-overstimulated..."

"Don't worry, she's like that when she meets new ponies."

"I've met plenty of fast talkers in my life, but Pinkie, is a lot more than just another one in the most literal sense."

"I guess you can say that," she turned to Pinkie, still spewing words at three hundred and forty metres per second, "Come on Pinkie, lets get her tank unstuck."

Pinkie stopped mid-sentence, "Okay!"

With that, they climbed into their tanks and drove towards the other tanks. The ground here was waterlogged and muddy, Rainbow Dash's Renault and Pinkie's Leichttraktor were lighter and had little problem traversing the terrain. However, the heavier tanks attempting to pull Glimmer's tank from the mud had a much harder time, constantly in danger of getting stuck themselves.

As they got closer, the tank in front jerked forwards suddenly. The other tank attached to it came along smoothly for a few seconds, but without the aid of the third tank pushing from behind, the weight of the larger tank was too much for the greenish blue tank. The larger tank slid back into the waterlogged mud, dragging the other tank with it. Amazingly, the tow cable still held firm. But Glimmer's tank was stuck yet again.

As Rainbow emerged from her tank, a pegasus stallion with a brown coat and red mane also emerged from his tank, anger and frustration in his green eyes. A unicorn mare with a pale blue coat and a silver mane with a dark blue streak climbed out from the other tank.

"Dammit Vivace! Warn me when you're going to do something like!" the stallion exclaimed angrily, in a mixed Manechester and Manehatten accent.

"Hey Metal! Don't blame me when things go wrong, okay?" the mare replied.

"Well, this was your idea, and I told you it wouldn't work!"

"Hey you two! Need some help?" Rainbow shouted, grabbing their attention.

"Totally! We could use some help! Even if it's in a the form of some tier 1 light tanks, it would really help!" the mare, whose name was Vivace Melody replied, her voice devoid of the anger that was present just a second ago, "Metal! Got some extra cables?"

"Well, I do have some. But that doesn't mean I've forgiven you yet," the stallion replied.

"Aww, come one Metallurgy Repair! Lighten up a bit," Vivace said, "Look, I'm sorry about just now okay? We cool?"

"Alright then, I'll let this one slide," Metal jumped out of his tank, in hand was two more tow cables.

"Okay, position your tanks beside Vivace's," Rainbow Dash and Pinkie obliged and took their position, Metal attached the tow cable to the two tanks. After that, he climbed back into his tank.

"Okay," Metal's voice could be heard over the radio, "Can you hear me?"

"Yeah, we can hear you."

"Loud and clear!"

"Alright, when I give the signal, start pulling." Metal paused as he manoeuvred into position, "Now!"

All at once, the four tanks roared to life. Progress was slow, but eventually, eighty tonnes of steel was pulled out of the mud.

"There we go!" Vivace said triumphantly.

"Phew, and I thought we might have lost it there."

"See? Have a bit of faith Metal."

"Alright, alright. By the way, thanks for the help, and sorry for all the trouble we caused for you."

"No problem!" Rainbow Dash replied.

"Yeah! Friends like to help each other!" Pinkie added.

"Friends?" Vivace asked, "Well hopefully our friendship won't be put on the line in battles."

"No worries! It's just a competition!"

Vivace was a little taken aback by how Pinkie brushed it all off so lightly, "Anyways, since we're friends now, might as well introduce ourselves. Vivace Melody's my name, disk-jockeying is my game!"

"My name's Metallurgy Repair, but you can call me Metal if you like, all my friends do."

"I'm Rainbow Dash, and that pony there is Pinkie Pie."

Vivace watched as a white unicorn mare walked over and climbed into the pale brown tank, "Well, I guess it's time for us to go now. See you later!"

"Bye!" Pinkie replied, watching the tanks rumbled away, "Hey Rainbow Dash!"

"Yeah Pinkie?"

"Race you to the first course!"

A look of determination crossed her face, "You're on!"


Applejack and Fluttershy watched as Armor Piercing and High Explosive shells flew towards several targets set up at the firing range. It was a lot larger than they had expected, with several lanes divided by low barriers, occupied by all kinds of tanks.

Fluttershy shivered in her seat, "Applejack, this...I...I'm scared..."

"No need to worry Fluttershy. Remember, nopony's gonna get hurt," Applejack reassured.

"But what about those tanks over there?" she was refering to the 'targets', which were several tanks scattered randomly around the firing range.

"Don't worry Fluttershy, there's nopony in those tanks."

"Oh, okay..." Applejack's words did little to take the edge off her anxiety.

"Come on Fluttershy, you can do this," Applejack encouraged.

Fluttershy watched as Applejack drove into one lane. She took a deep breath and drove towards another lane. But before she even got near it, another much larger grey tank drove right in front of Fluttershy, along with another, slightly smaller tan brown tank. She sat that in fear, unsure of what to do.

Just then, a grey mare with a black mane with a red and dim grey streak emerged from the larger grey tank, her uniform was different from the standard kind of uniform. It consisted of a white undershirt, a black uniform jacket and tie, a matching uniform skirt and black military boots.

Fluttershy nervously clambered out of her tank. The two mares gazed at each other for a while, before the grey mare spoke up, "Hmph, other newbie here. Step aside, and let the ponies who deserve these spots keep their skills sharp."

Fluttershy eeped and quivered, afraid of the mare with the commanding voice.

"A coward as well," the grey mare scoffed, "Go back to the safety of your nursery or something of that nature."

"Now hold it right there!" Applejack approached the group of ponies, having seen everything she needed.

"Oh, a country pony too? Seriously, have the enlistment standards slackened off or something?" the grey mare sighed, "Well, you two better wake up, this is the King Of Steel Tournament, there's no place for mares like you."

"Why you... Why I oughta..."

"You oughta move out of the way, hillbilly."

Applejack's face turned redder by the second, "You...you...you..."

"Didn't you hear her, she said move out of the way," a light brown stallion with a short, black mane repeated. He wore a black suit and tie instead of military fatigues. His narrowed eyes glared through a pair of black half-framed glasses.

"Cellum, did I say that you could speak up?"

"I'm sorry, Honorable Leader."

"Umm, Applejack, maybe we should move?" Fluttershy asked.

Applejack scowled at her for a moment, before sighing, "Alright then, if I stand around here any longer, I think I'm gonna blow a gasket or something."

"Name's Stygian if you're wondering. Not that it matters, you're probably not going to stick around for long anyways."

Applejack's angry expression was back in a flash, "Well, we ain't sticking around here any longer. But your words are gonna come back to bite you!"

"Hmph, I highly doubt that."

Applejack growled in anger, she glared at Stygian as she walked back to her tank. As she and Fluttershy drove off, she couldn't help thinking that this tournament would be way more tolerable if ponies like Stygian didn't exist.

Author's Note:

Guest OCs:

Metallurgy Repair from corza663

Cellum from cellum95

Tanks introduced:

TOG II (Lapis Glimmer's tank): http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:GB63_TOG_II

AMX M4 mle. 45 (Vivace Melody's tank): http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:AMX_M4_1945

M26 Pershing (Metallurgy Repair's tank): http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/M26_Pershing

E 50 Ausf. M (Stygian's tank): http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:E50_Ausf_M

T69 (Cellum's tank): http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/T69