• Published 23rd Sep 2014
  • 273 Views, 2 Comments

The Narrative of Scarlet Tomato - Uncle Knot



Scarlet Tomato tells his story with an emphasis on his adventures (romantic and otherwise) in Ponyville

  • ...
 2
 273

Chapter 4


“Yup” I say to you “let me diverge from the plot and tell you about that other time some pony had faith in me. My mom had dragged me and my brothers to Manehatten for some culture, as she called it. We saw some sights, and a musical (I hated it). As a reward for sitting through it, she had offered me and my brothers some ice cream. My brothers took the bribe willingly, but I wanted something more, I wanted a souvenir. I passed on the ice cream for the promise of a souvenir.

“Well the time came for us to leave. We were at the train station and I started to put up a fuss. Where was my souvenir? Mom told me to use the ticket stub as a souvenir. I righteously objected, the ticket stub was a souvenir for the train, not Manehatten. I had willingly sacrificed my opportunity for ice cream in the hope of a codified souvenir. My mom hoof faced and said “Maybe next time, we have to go”

“I was about to scream a protest, when a dignified gentle colt behind us in the ticket line spoke up;

He said “Excuse me Madame, did I hear correctly, that your son postponed his immediate need for ice cream in favor of a souvenir of Manehatten?”

My mother stammered “Yes”. The gentle colt was a dark green or almost black Pegasus. His reading glasses hung low on his nose.

“It is important that a mother keep her promises, I think I can rectify his need” said him. He pulled a sheet of paper from his briefcase, and scribbled something on it, and then the important part. He pulled out some weird type of pliers from his case and squeezed the paper. Following this display, he folded the letter and put it in an envelope and passed it to me. Saying “I have faith in you, use this when you are in the dark”

I could feel the raised paper inside the envelope. My mother stammered “thank you” and having secured our tickets herded us away. I heard the gentle colt ask the ticket booth for an express ticket for Canterlot.

Canterlot! The royal capital of all Equestria! Who was he? I would never know until I open the letter and I didn’t dare. This was my souvenir of Manehatten. I guarded this letter with my life, and my brothers didn’t make that easy. At home, my dad put a stop to all the fuss.