• Published 13th Sep 2014
  • 2,044 Views, 15 Comments

A lesson in chaos - Hydralisk



Twilight loves to learn. But if that was true then why was she not excited right now, she was on her way to learn a completely new kind of magic, a dream coming true for the young princess. And Discord was reformed now so no way he would do something

  • ...
1
 15
 2,044

Chapter 1

A lesson in chaos

Twilight was worried.

The fact that she was about to learn a never before studied kind magic was somewhat trilling.

The only problem with that was that there was only one teacher who knew something about this old art.

Discord, the unpredictable draconequus, he was the only one who could teach her and while Twilight love to learn…

Lets just say that she was afraid for her sanity.


“Hey Discord, could you please teach me something about chaos magic?” Twilight asked Discord with words so innocent, you could think they came out of the mouth of a six year old foal.

She was in the palace and right after she got the assignment to learn about chaos magic by Celestia and like the good student she was she went right to work.

The hardest part was convincing Discord to teach her. The Sun Princess herself tried to learn it and failed every time she tried and Discord right out refused to help her in any way, so she passed the task on to Twilight who eagerly accepted the challenge but Celestia was very clear that this was not a test and it was no problem if Twilight failed as she herself was not able to succeed.

That in mind Twilight speculated that she would need at least a good decade to get him to teach her if he even could be moved to do so, ‘Well, better get started right away’ was the thought she followed.

Discord in return, who was playing chess with himself, scratched his chin before giving the short answer:”Meh, why not.”

“Well, your answer was expected but what would you say if we do a little trade, you teach me...” Twilight interrupted her little memorized speech and looked completely caught off guard at the Draconicus.

“Just like that?” she finally asked.

“Yes, I mean why not my dear?” he said while moving his princess: “Check.”

“Than why did you deny Princess Celestia all the time?” she asked completely flabbergasted that all her plan just got thrown out of the window.

“Because our dear sun-butt simply can't learn it, I could spend the next few good millennia of my life teaching her but she could never grasp the basic concept, her mind could never accept it as it conflicts with everything she understands.” he said while turning his head to her, the other Discord abusing his partners distraction to his advantage quickly switched the position of an earth pony and a unicorn: ”In other words she is too old.”


In the throne room:

Princess Celestia winced a bit, and one of the guards noticed that.

“Is everything alright my Princess?”

“I feel the strong urge to punish Discord, and I don’t really know why.”


“You in return are young and while you have that big urge to order everything you see into neat lists, you can still learn it, our dearest Tia would simply go mad trying.” he turned his head back to the game.

“But I can’t teach you now, I am in a Important game, come back in a week and I will have the lessons ready for you.”

‘Well don't look a gift horse in the mouth I guess’ was the last thought she had before leaving and starting to hear one of the Discords start a argument with the other.


Originally she was very excited but while the week passed she started to worry more and more.

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie decided to accompany her, Fluttershy wanted to visit her friend and Pinkie said something about chocolate rain.

They wandered down the hallway, or bounced it in Pinkies chase, armed with many papers and quills.

The journey was a very long and silent one as no one of them seemed to have something to say, even Pinkie was quiet.

And so the trio arrived at the private study that Discord said he would use, they exchanged a few letters about the exact when and how, not that she got any real answers beyond a time and a place and even that was packed in a riddle.

Twilight knocked at the door and received a polite: ”Please enter, the door is closed.”

She paused for a moment, her hoof stretched out, repeating Discord’s words in her mind.

“How are we supposed to come in if it is closed?” well that started great.

“The other side of the door of course.” The spirit of Chaos said as a matter of fact while opening the door from the side where the hinges where fixed, the other half opening like a sliding door: ”Zh, what are you kids learning in school these days!”

Twilight was already regretting coming here.

“You know what, maybe we should meet for this someday else.” she said while trying to make a retreat again.

Discord took none of it and teleported right in front of the trio: “Twilight, I am disappointed, where is your eagerness to study?” He said while dancing around them with his pink umbrella.

“It is hiding behind my sanity.” she said stated as a matter of fact while staring straight forward, avoiding the spirit.

“Well you have to decide Twilight, learn the secrets of chaos with me or not, give your answer now.” Discord said while flying a loop and landing in front of Twilight, head resting on his paw.

This was a really hard decision to make for Twilight, one one hoof she really wanted to learn something new, but learning from Discord…

Twilight’s face went to multiple expressions as she went through her inner struggle.

“Come one Twilight you should trust Discord a bit more, I mean how bad can it be if my Pinkie sense is not warning me about it?” Pinkie Pie said while giving her a securing smile.

That was a logic that you couldn’t argue with, and so Twilight decided.

“Ok.”

“Ok what?” Discord said while leaning his ear closer to her.

“Ok, I would like to learn from you Discord” Twilights said with a heavily voice.

“PERFECT!” Discord screamed out and with a snip of his talon the three of them were seated in the middle of the room.

The room itself could only be described with one word, Chaos. Wafels where flying around, the book’s have grown legs and where dancing around a tower made of ice cream, and apparently gravity was turned off because they were literally in the middle of the room, flying and seated in their chairs and a large desk floating in front of them, and they were not sitting straight but in a ninety degree angle.

This sight alone nearly drove Twilight nuts, this place need order and it needed it right NOW.

“Discord, what did you do to the room!?” she asked while trying to not lose her temper.

“I needed a little warm up, my magic got a little stiff after such a long time.” he said while stretching.

Before Twilight could ask anything else he clapped his paw and talon together and said: ”Well than, lets start an adventure into the madness and fun of chaos. I will be your guide.”

Fluttershy raised her hoof.

“Yes Fluttershy?”

“Why are Pinkie Pie and me here, I am a sorry but we cant do magic.”

“Lesson one, chaos magic is not limited to the ones that have one or more horns on their head every being with a mind and a soul can do it.” Discord explained while sitting down on the ice cream tower.

The books didn’t like that very much and started throwing sentences at him.

“Will you stop that you little...” he could say more and he choked on one of the sentences that landed in his mouth.

After he finally managed to speak again he continued: ”Ok lets start with the basics, what is chaos is the question?” he said while pointing a ruler at Twilight and wearing a suit and ridiculously large hat.

“Eeeehhhhmmmm..” Twilight didn’t really know what to say.

“Exactamundo, as Pinkie Pie would phrase it you can’t explain it, and that is exactly the point so let me shine some light at your knowledge.” Discord said while pointing a halogen spotlight at them.

“Over the time many physicist, philosophers and rabbits have tried to explain chaos and they succeeded to some degree, one of the many explanations is that chaos is something that we could not predict, let me give you a metaphor for their explanation:’what is order for the spider is chaos for the fly’ do you understand that?”

The three of them where looking at him completely dumbfounded, and after a few seconds Pinkie finally spoke up: ”That made less sense than I do.”

“How could you not understand this? I am really trying to make sense here.” Discord said looking a bit disappointed.

“I think... I do understand it.” Fluttershy quietly spoke up looking very concentrated at her desk.

“You do?” the two other ponies and draconicus asked.

“It is a reference to the Everfree forest and how it... works” she got quieter with every word when she realized that all eyes were fixed on her, and she quickly hid behind her mane.

“What do you mean how the Everfree works, the forest follows no real order it is pure chaos?” Twilight asked.

“Come on Fluttershy speak up and, explain your answer, I know you can do it.” said a little Discord that was sitting on her back and encouraging her.

She took a deep breath and straightened up a bit: ”That is not correct Twilight, it has some form of order to it, it is only so horrifying that most ponies who discover it don’t accept it, I studiet a bit of it before I started meeting you and the other girls so often.”

“AAAAAhhhh, now I realize, sorry I completely forgot that this is the pony world you follow a different natural order.” Discord said as he facepalmed:”Continue one Fluttershy.”

The trio was a bit taken aback by the outburst but Fluttershy continued: ”The forest has it’s own rules, one of them is the strongest survive, the fly is weaker than the spider who uses the net to catch the fly, for the spider this is completely normal but for the fly it is the end, madness, it never considered the possibility that there is a surface that it could not fly away from… a-and that marks the s-spider sm-marter and s-stonger the fly d-died because it was weak and the spider has a m-meal for the day.”

Fluttershy nearly lost it at the end the full weight of her words slowly hitting her.

“Perfect, a gold star for Fluttershy.” Discord said while a little blackboard appeared in front of him with their names on it and he fixed a star on it.“You should hurry up Twilight there is a student who is now ahead of you.”

“That is horrible!!!” Pinkie stood on her hind legs and pulling her mane with her hooves.

“Oh, come one Twilight can still catch up” The draconequus answered.

“She meant the explanation about the forest!” Twilight yelled back.

“As I said, you ponies follow a different natural order.” Discord slowly answered “BUT, we are getting off track here...” he tried to continue.

“Hold one what do you mean ponies follow a different natural order?” Discord considered not answering that question for a while but decided against it, it would be a good way to get the point across.

“Let me explain it this way my dear ponies… you consider the forest to be a place of chaos and evil right?” he got three slow nods from the ponies.

“Good then know this, I consider the forest to be completely normal and consider you ponies to have a completely messed up order, HOLD ON! let me explain” he quickly said before Twilight could interrupt again.

”I have been in many worlds and have seen many races, beings, monsters, demons and angels but they all shared one thing, the way they came to be, thro evolution they became what they were over a long time, let me give you an example, lets say there would be a fly born with a birth defect that has a stinger and the fly uses that stinger to protect itself from spiders and other things that try to kill it this fly would survive longer than the other flies and would have many children because of the fact that it has this stinger, this little advantage. The children that would be born would to have this stinger and over time they would take over and the flies without a stinger would die out and before you know it all flies have little stingers, that is how basic evolution works. A pony gets born smarter than the other ones and learns to use tools to protect itself from Changelings this pony survives longer and the children of this pony will be smarter to and that is basically how all nature works, or in your case should work.”

He made a pause and let his three students digest this information, after a while Twilight finally spoke up: ”What do you mean with `should work`.”

“You ponies are completely messed up, that’s it, you don’t let nature do its work you took everything to yourself, the ill ponies don’t die because of their disease, you cure them, the strong ones don’t take over, you make them weak, you don’t let weather do its thing you took it and started controlling, what you ponies call order I call complete MADNESS!!!” Discord himself only realized how loud he got when he saw the ponies converting in fear in front of him, Fluttershy was behind the chair, Pinkie Pies mane was flat and her eyes glassy, and Twilight was hiding behind her wings and a few floating books.

“I apologies, I can get a bit enraged considering the topic, if I scared you to much we can end this now.” he said with smooth and silent voice while turning around.

He waited a bit but the opening of the door never came, he turned around and to his surprise his friends where still sitting there, they were a bit shaken, Pinkies mane still being flat, but still sitting there ‘Hm, funny I really consider them my friends?’`.

“See, you did it again.” he said while turning his back to them again.

“W-what do you mean Disi?” Pinkie asked a bit shaky.

“Defining natural order, every other being I know would have listened to their guts and run away, you didn’t.” he turned back to them.

“Wait, there is something I don’t understand, what if ponies simply evolved to control the weather is that not simply our way of surviving, that would be a possible way of evolution how I understand it?” Twilight asked.

“Very good Twilight, a gold star” Discord said while pinning a little star on the blackboard next to Twilights name.

”But if you were correct I would have no reason to get mad, the point is you didn’t evolve at all that is the fact that completely freaks me out, I have checked out your history and contrary to your history book your kind is a few billion years old believe me I checked I traveled back in time and there was nothing at all, no evolution as if your world just flashed into existence with everything like you know it, history gets lost over time if I remember right your book go back to the point where the ponies come back from the north… again.”

Twilight decided to ignore the fact that there apparently was a billion years of knowledge in front of her, no, wrong, she normally would have fainted right about now, why was she still awake.

She shot a questioning look at Discord who simply answered ”We are in a chaos room, noting in here makes real sense, but everything I tell you is true.”

She decided to not push the matter more than necessary, and ignore the fact that he just read her mind.

“Whaaaaiiiiitttttttt a minute!” Pinkie said “That would mean that there is no real chaos and that you actually make sense, that in return would meant that the only real difference is that for us two plus two is four and for you it is balloons.”

“And there goes a gold star for Pinkie Pie, bravo bravissimo!” The Draconicus put another star on the blackboard, while five other Discords were applauding Pinkie.

“And now for a little trip to get some practical experience.” he snapped his talon and the four appeared in Ponyville.

“We are invisible and nothing can hear us.” he said as he started walking the ponies following him.

“Chaos is the unpredictable to use chaos you don’t need magic, wings or whatever Pinkie Pie has.” he lead them to the marked.

“Ah, and there is our test subject.” he pointed his claw into the direction of a stall.

“Applejack?” Twilight asked “You are not going to hurt her are you?”

“No just a demonstration of chaos.” he walked closer to her and took a look around he went to the stall right next to her where Carrot Top was selling carrots. He then took a stone and threw it across the marked to hit a barrel. It had a lot more force than expected and devastated the barrel and the water contained inside spilled out. That got the attention of everypony on the marked and no one saw that the front sides of the two stall belonging to Applejack and Carrot Top were switched out, Applejacks contained now carrots and also the other way around.

As the shock over the exploding barrel was over the ponies went back to by their things.

“Eeeehhh, Applejack since when does your family sell carrots?”

“Now what the hay are ya talking about?”

“You have carrots in your stall” the stallion said flat out.

“What?” Applejack asked, but looked over to Carrot Top for an explanation.

“Carrot top, A know ya have it with competition and stuff, but this?”

“I could ask you the same thing?!” only now Applejack realized the apples in Carrot Tops stall.

“A think we got pranked.”

“You think?” they looked at each other shooting knowing looks.

“RAINBOW DASH!!!”

“Very good, now back to class.” Discord said and teleported them back to the room.

“That was mean Disi” Pinkie said.

“Yes but necessary, now tell me what did I do?”

“You pranked Carrot and AJ, and now they are mad at Rainbow Dash.” Twilight said a bit angry.

“Yes that is the surface but what about the bottom of the lake?” he asked hopes high.

“You… created chaos, a situation that both of them could not predict.” she said while the whole room exploded in a confetti shower.

“YES, SHE GOT IT!” Discord screamed dancing in a cheerleader outfit.

“Wait, so to let me get this clear chaos is not simply doing something evil, it is just making something that is unpredictable” Twilight asked writing on her notes.

Discord in return ported the notes away from her and into a bowl and started eating them which in return got him an angry glare from Twilight.

“That is correct Twilight, for you what I did had an order, you could explain it because you saw me doing it but for the Apple and Carrot it was chaos because I distracted them with the barrel, they did not see me doing it and when they got told about it chaos happened, they became confused and started attacking each other because they thought the other one tried to attack them, it took them time to make sense to what happened and they still got it wrong.”

“You see if you go really deep into it everything is chaos until you figure out how it works.”

Twilight was on the edge, was it really that easy, the secret of chaos was confusion?

Fluttershy slowly started talking: “Now I understand what you did when you fought us, you simply used the natural order of another world on us we were not used to it and for us it was chaos when you took away our wings, magic and strength in the mace you basically turned evolution around, and the animals, the rabbits with the large legs are a possible evolution larger legs would mean easier way to higher food.” After a short pause she continued: “Everything you did was simply take something we have never dealt with before and throw it at us.”

Discord answer by nodding.

“Allow me to tell you a little story from one of the worlds I visited. It had an evil dictator, one of a very different caliber than the ones you know in equestria, he used a absolut order to bring down nearly every resistance that was opposing him and in plans to rule the world he enslaved millions leaving a small group of orphans that survived, these orphans grew stronger over time and discovered a way to stop the evil madman and his machines by using seven artefacts filled with pure chaos, they did something that the crazy scientists never could predict because his visions of order and rule never included chaos his machines failed him when they faced something they could not calculate.”

“Wait, that still doesn't explain how you did it so easy, I mean you did a weather change that would take multiple pegasus squads with a snip… what?“ while Twilight spoke Discords face fell more and more, his expression darkened and his face was straight as in his eyes had the same size and he had bought fangs, it looked very scary.

“Twilight, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, I explained the concept to you, that is one part. What I am now going to explain is the part you are missing, the understand chaos. I gave you a building block so that you can make sense of what I am now going to show you” He paused and started wandering around the room.

“What now follows is knowledge that no one in your world has, the reason that Celestia can’t learn what we are learning now, and here comes my warning, do you truly want to learn the concept that is chaos to you, because this knowledge will change you. It is knowledge that was originally never meant to be grasped by pony kind, if you would not have learned the concept of natural order from my world it could have made you insane, and it still can.”

“I already asked you Twilight and I will ask you and your friends again as this is the last way to leave the train if you stay in it now I can't guarantee your safety, you have to decide, learn the my secrets with me or not, give your answer now, madness is still a very high possibility.” he concluded as he stopped in front of them bothe eyes closed.

The trio looked at each other very uneasy.

They fought a silent argument but at the end decided giving each other a nod.

“We would like to learn from you Discord.” they answered simultaneously.

“Last answer?” he shot back.

“Yes.”

No hesitation, good, they could make it’.

“The next part will be very dangerous so some preparations first.” he snipped his claws and three necklaces appeared next to him that floated to the mares.

“These amulets have the strongest protection spell on them I know, wearing them makes you immortal in every aspect, you don’t age, feel pain and can’t be harmed, physically or mentally.”

The three mares gulped and put them on.

“Good now the second part.” he snipped again and they all found themself teleported away to some kind of mountain range. It was plain no signs of life just rocks as far as the eye could reach.

“Maud would like it here!” Pinkie said.

“I really doubt that as this planet has no breathable air.”

“WHAT?!” Twilight screamed out.

“I had to get us somewhere where we can’t accidentally kill something” he explained.

“So, now comes the important part as we understand chaos is in the difference so in order to understand it you need to think differently and the best way to do that is by giving you an example.” Discord looked around for a moment, picked up a rock and placed it in front of them.

“Twilight if I remember correctly you like to use a heating spell for your tea as you always forget it in the kitchen in the morning working of your morning list, correct?” Twilight blushed a bit but nodded.

“Now tell me what is that spell made for?” this question slightly confused Twilight.

“Well to heat up tea, obviously.” she stated.

“That is how you see the spell because of the natural order of your world, now I will show you my perspective.” he said while sitting down next to her “I want you to use your spell on that stone.”

“Why would you want me to do that, it is a stone why should I heat it up with a tea spell, that doesn’t make sense.” she looked at Discord who just smirked at her.

After a few seconds it clicked and Twilight got it.

“Ok here goes nothing.” she said as she did the spell. And as she did it nothing happened as expected.

“What now?” Discord looked at them like he expected something to happen.

“Ok... Twilight I want you to memorize where the stone is so you can cast the spell on it with closed eyes.”

“Ooookkkk?...” Twilight focused on the stone and memorized it “Got it.”

“Good, I now will block all of your sight and hearing and when I do so I want you to start casting the spell again, only this time don’t stop casting it until I tap your head, understand?” Discord explained.

While you could see the questions pile up in the faces of the mares they ignored it for now and nodded.

Discord snapped his fingers, the world faded into blackness and Twilight started casting, she did so for forty seconds (she counted) until the draconequus tapped her.

As he did so he at the same time undid the spell that crippled them, and what they saw Immediately made them cry out in pure terror, Fluttershy and Twilight became airborne and Pinkie held on Twilights neck for her dear life. But she didn’t cared enough to acknowledge the extra weight, she was way too distracted by the raging lava that moved beneath her.

DISCORD WHAT DID YOU DO?!” she screamed out in the royal canterlot voice without even realizing it, Luna would be proud.

“Oh, I didn’t do anything, that was all you, haha” he said while rolling in the lava laughing “You should see the look your faces, priceless, priceless.

“W-What do you mean it was me?!” she asked in fear of the answer.

“Twilight your spell to heat up tea does a simple thing it heats up, and the only difference was that you didn’t stop at your favourite hot tea temperature, you. did. this.” he said laying a heavy tone into every word.

Twilight could only stare in horror her eyes wandering over the lava lake she created. Unable to believe Discord she flew off to the next intakt boulder she could find Pinkie still hanging on her neck and Fluttershy after her.

When she landed and Pinkie came of she started to concentrate, her mind permanently repeating the words ‘This can not be true’ and she casted.

At the start nothing happened, Twilight had a little hope, but that quickly melted away like the rock in front of her.

Her hooves got shaky and she slowly started moving backwards, she turned around to see the terrified faces of Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie and before she could break down Discord spoke up “Where you see a spell to simply heat up your tea I see a way to melt things, you made this spell and gave it a reason and you never dared to use it for something else because that would not make sense but what I see in your creation is a way to melt a predators had that is attacking you, a way to survive, a evolutionary strength that can be used to bring an end to enemies by burning them and first and foremost it brings chaos to other beings that would never expect a pony to do something like that, and it was not really hard I simply used the logic that I learned in my homeworld.”

He made another long pause to let her digest the information and to take a look at his other two students to see them in similar states ‘Just a little more’ was his thought.

“Now a test, question one: how can you make a pony heart stop with magic?”

Twilight was shocked by his question he wanted to punch him with the back of her hoof and tell him to show it up his draconequus butt.

But to her misfortune she still had the student reflex and her brain still in a bit of a shock she answer: ”Use a levitation spell on it to prevent the blood flow while the heart valves open up.”

She fell back in shock using both hooves to cover her mouth and tears openly flowing out of her eyes, realizing what she just said.

“Pinkie Pie, I want you to imagine what happens to a pony you are aiming your party cannon at while it is loaded with sharp objects instead of cake, balloons and confetti.” now Pinkie to was crying openly, realizing what kind of destruction tool she had aimed at her friends.

Discord Turned his head to Fluttershy on his way to hit her as hard as he hit Twilight and Pinkie but he stopped upon spotting his yellow friend.

She was standing in front of a large rock looking at her wing ‘Did she realize it?’.

Fluttershy, both wings outstretched, looked at the rock and made a slicing motion with her wing.

The rock didn’t take it good as it fell apart, Fluttershy falling backwards staring at her work in terror.

“F-Fluttershy, what did you do?” a weak sounding Twilight asked, tears still in her eyes.

“All pegasi learn basic air manipulation, it is necessary to learn flight, I just compressed it until it made a sharp blade” Fluttershy's voice sounded hollow, she was not very far from the breaking point.

But Discord had no reason to worry, because Pinkie and Twilight came to her rescue by hugging her tightly from both sides, and the trio started to cry, supporting each other.

Fluttershy cried because of the realization, what kind of dangerous weapon she really was.

Pinkie Pie cried because of the realization, how close to dead she and her friends really where.

Twilight cried because of the realization, that now she could only laugh at how harmless her previous enemies look compared to the monstrous things she was now capable of.

And Discord just stood there looking at them, the innocence of their world slowly fading away.


After a while the ponies and the draconequus appeared back in the study, eyes dry and red.

“How weak and stupid we must look to you?” Twilight finally asked.

“Haha, you have no idea, but do you want to know why I never dared to really harm any of you?” he said while looking out of the window at the city below.

“Why?”

“Because you actually cared!” he said while spinning in an insane manner.

“What do you mean?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“Back in the day when I appeared in your world I was confused, It was disgusting how weak and helpless your kind actually was, and of course I started by playing with you, and I had fun in terrorising you, slowly bringing you to harm each other, making a being forget its own rules is the one of the easy ways to bring chaos, but then something happened I never expected a pony came to me, at first I thought, oh here comes the brave hero to slay the monster, but no this pony cared about me it was standing in a field of chaos that was once it home, and it cared about good old me, it pitied me, it wanted to know the pain that turned me into this and help me. In all my time of existence where I was in countless world sometimes watching sometimes playing an active role, this little ponie tried to understand me, at first I thought it was just a trick to get to me so I took the pony and scanned down its complete soul, mind, past and future.” he sat down.

“But there was nothing, this pony just cared. I couldn’t handle that and started laughing, for weeks I laughed like I never did in my life, and I made plans, I found something that day, a place where I wanted to stay, where I had fun being the bad guy and mess around, but after that I never consider harming one of you.“

“Of course all plans are doomed to fail and so a little yellow pegasus comes to me and makes me her friend, but what are you going to do. I am chaos, I have to adapt.” he said while unraveling himself.

“I hope you also realize now why Celestia can’t ever learn about chaos, for her and our safety, I just twisted your whole world around, imagine what it would do to her millennia old mind or our dear Luna, Ha! imagine if she would have succeeded and made the rotation of the sun and moon stop”

All of the ponies nodded in agreement and paled at the thought.

“I have something else that I want to show you, right now you know what kind of destruction chaos is capable of now I want to show you its beauty.” he snipped again for them to appear on a green landscape.

“Right now we are on a little planet called ‘Earth’, and it has one very nice thing to it that I want to show you, something that came out of chaos, something that would never be possible on equestria and is very rare” he sniped again and all of them had sunglasses on.

He pointed to the sky where the sun was shining.

“The sun and the moon... but why are they so close” after a scarring realization Twilight said in panik “Discord! they are moving towards each other, they will coiled we have to stop that!”

But he just sniped again and immobilized her and sealed her mouth.

What happened next was pretty unexpected for the ponies because the sun and the moon didn’t crash like they believed first but went into each other creating something they have never seen before and soon the the sun and the moon where one creating a pitch black shining something that neither of them could define, something… beautiful.

“The locals call it a solar eclipse, it is very rare as there are only a few planets that have the perfect matching sun and moon.” he waited a bit to let the magic of the moment do its work “I brought you here to show you the beauty of chaos, tell me how high is the possibility to create something like this out of pure randomness, I can tell you not very high I calculated it once out of boredom, and jet here we are enjoying a view that could never be captured in a painting by any artist.”

The moment faded and the sun and the moon where back to their original states, Discord snipped again and they were gone.


“That concludes our lesson.” he said clapping his talon into his paw and returning the room into its original state.

The ponies were about to open the door and leave but Pinkie Pie who was leading stopped and turned around.

“Discord, can you tell us something about the world where you come from?” all of them stopped their interest woken again, the knowledge of what kind of evolution lead to master of chaos to existence was sounding tempting.

Discord turned his head to them “Why would you like to know that?”

“Did you ever answer the question that the pony gave you?” Twilight asked.

“No, haha, I was too busy laughing.” he said while looking down.

Pinkie suddenly leaped into the air “Hey maybe this pony had a foal and that is had another one and we are related to them somehow so you could catch up on that.” and there is the hyper pink one again.

“Who said that I ever wanted to answer this question?” Discord asked backing away.

“You did when you nearly lost it talking about our natural order.” Fluttershy started and slowly flew towards the draconequus putting her hoof where she thought his heart was ”Discord, it is clear that you are hurt and I really don’t want to know how long you kept it to yourself but we are your friends we want to help you.”

Discord stared at them, and his inner struggle not visible to the outside world.

‘Come one Twilight you should trust Discord a bit more...’ Pinkies words repeating in his mind. ‘Maybe I should try the same thing, it was a while since I told my story’.

He snipped and the ponies were seated in the chaos room again.

“My story starts long ago, I would tell you how long but to be honest I lost count after a while.” he made a pause closing his eyes repeating his memories to himself.

“On my planet, we were the dominant species but just so you know I stopped looking or thinking like them a long time ago, how I look now is the result of my travels around dimensions and worlds, what I am now has nearly no resemblance to what I was when I was born and was still in my wandering in my world.” While he spoke he looked into a mirror studying his body “not even my voice is still mine, it was a nice voice I miss it.”

“Our world was filled with trees, not just any kind of trees these trees were special because they got build by my kind, they build them to be save from the ground to live high up to be closer to their gods or simply to feel good, frankly I have no idea how or why, in the end I didn’t care, it was a race of monkeys to be exact”

“Monkeys?” Twilight asked not quite able to picture the change from a monkey to Discord.

“Yes monkeys, sounds funny doesn't it?” He answered with a slight chuckle.

“We lived our little lives on these trees and we had a simple rule, the higher you are the better, the ones the were below you and you worked for the ones above you, there was a branch for everyone really we even had one for murderers where we kept them at bay.” he paused again.

“But that lead to complication, my kind was always greedy but in the times where I was born it was bad I mean like really bad, if you lived in the bottom lines you were treated like junk, no freedom, no love, no wealth, noting, and all you did all day long was work so the bastards that were above you could get fat and live confi!” he moved back to them.

”The trees have grown so high that many of us were already sitting above the clouds!” he threw up his arms, his voice getting more and more angry.

“There are myths that we had better time where we cared for each other where we had kindness, generosity, HA LOYALTY!” he sat down in front of them claiming down a bit.

“We had nothing, we were completely destroyed, our souls, if we still had them back then, crippled beyond any point of restoration we had no good left in us whatsoever the only goal we had was to get higher on the trees, at first I bowed to that system like all of us did, betraying and lying myself to reach the top, but one day I stopped and and started thinking, why?, why do we race to the top, what is up there, why can't we try to reach it together?” he made another long pause.

“It helped me nothing,at first I started to work with the system, be a comedian and get to lough out of them... the kindness and generosity I started to show was abused to rob me from all I had after seconds and when I was hanging there keeping myself on the branch with all my might guess what they did.” his tone getting more angry again.

”Nothing, they just looked at me in disgust making bets, how long It would take me to fall… that day I realized that my world was lost we had nothing good left” a slight chuckle escaped him: “There were some good individuals left when you looked at the branches at the bottom, funny that you had the choice between success and being good... back then I did not believe in good of any kind because everything has the potential for evil, the potential to bring chaos to others, funny how close chaos and evil are if you think about the fact that they have nearly nothing to do with each other.”

“What did you do?” Fluttershy asked.

“Well my dear Fluttershy it was very simple, I did the worst thing that that was imaginable to all these stupid monkeys.” Discord drew a long pause “I let go.”

“I don’t understand.” Twilight said.

“It is very simple my dear, for the monkey sitting in the trees there whole live and not even knowing how the ground looks like, the sheer act of going down towards the ground that none of us have ever seen, that was insane and defied everything they stood for, it was chaos” he stood up again going back to the mirror.

“After a long fall I reached it, the ground on my way down I met the inhabitants of the lower branches, they tried to give me a home there, I refused them in my anger and continued my travel down until I reached it the bottom, dead end, the monkeys that saw me completely freaked out how I could do something so insane, some of them wanted to go after me to get me back up to one of the criminal branches because I was clearly insane, but guess what, down there I found something there was food there was peace, no fight for the top, it was me and myself and all the space I ever wanted, back then was the first time I truly laughed, how stupid we were, we fought over the place on a tree when we had the solution to all our problems right beneath us.”

“They wouldn’t hear a single world because for them I was just insane not worth being listened to so instead they started to fight me trying to get me back so they could put me pack into a little branch and let me work again so that I had some use for them again, so that everything is back to how it should be, all according to their plan.” he started to smile.

“And so I started fighting for the only thing I wanted, my freedom. But it was no use they were blinded by their big trees and dragged me back. I was angry, how could they take away the only thing I had, and in my rage I decided that if I could not live in peace no one could.” he said one of his claws slowly scratching the surface of the mirror.

“And I started to spread chaos because it has the fine attribute to show what a being truly is inside, to show you the very core of what they are made of, and guess what it was always evil, murder, thievery and destruction where among the lesser crimes they did and I enjoyed it, it was so easy to push them of their thrones, you know that was when I learned that madness is like gravity, all it takes is a little push.” a light chuckle escaped him.

“Than one day something happened, one of these monkeys evolved, he grew wings, he was no longer bound to the limitations of the branches, I expected him to be like me to see the chaos and but he would have none of it, he believed in the good in their hearts.” he started to laugh.

”Opposites attract each other and so did we, we fought about who was right, both of us hated for being different.” his laughing started again but it had a touch of madness in it that scared the little ponies.

“Our battles were glorious and in the end one of will win, one day he will find me and force me back to the trees and that is the place where it will end, where either he proves that ‘good’ always wins or I chop down the trees once and for all” his laughter had nothing left of the draconicus it was a insane laugh that was scaring, monstrous and the sound of it alone could drive a pony insane, but that was not what was truly terrifying, no the picture in the mirror was far worse, a creature that none of them have ever seen before something that looked like an incarnation of insanity.

And then it shattered, Discord destroyed the mirror by smashing his paw against it, injuring himself a little, only a sad look left in his eyes.

The ponys, instinctively knowing what to do, rushed to his side and tackle hugged him.

”We won't let him take you away from us!” Twilight said holding him blow his head.

Discord laughed again only this time there was no madness in it just the lovable prankster and draconequus.