• Published 12th Sep 2014
  • 726 Views, 16 Comments

Nostalgia - sugarhooves



In order to save Equestria from destruction, Apple Jack has been tasked to go back in time and retrieve what was described as "the apple of my eye"

  • ...
3
 16
 726

Chapter two: Battles and Love

In the grand throne the majestic white alicorn sat, her bod wavering due to lack of sleep and eat. The familiar yellow aura glowed from her horn, and she tried her best to prevent her eyelids from closing. A yellow forcefield surrounded the entire land of Equestria. As she wavered back and forth in a rhythmic manner, her sister arose from her good "day's" sleep.

"Sister! Thou cannot stand to see you stay up all day and night with no sleep and food! I volunteer as protector!"

Celestia barely heard anything from her sister, only hearing a constant ringing in her ears which never seemed to stop. Only when she opened her eyes for a second did she see Luna making wild gestures, and rambling on and on about magic, sufficient sleep and...you get the picture.

"...or Tirek will prevail!"

Hearing those four words, Celestia immediately stood upright. She glared at her sister with her red eyes, and all luna could do was crouch down and surrender.

"TIREK WILL NOT PREVAIL! I AM THE RULER OF EQUESTRIA! AND I WILL PROTECT MY SUBJECTS WITH ALL MY LIFE!" The white alicorn bellowed at her sister. However, at the end of her statement, she flinched a little, and her legs started to tremble.

"AAAaaaHhHHH!" Celestia forced out of her longs as she covered her ears. She fell onto the the floor, a loud thud echoing throughout the throne room. Her eyes turned totally white as she gasped for air. Everything around her started to fade and lose its colour, and the ground felt as if it was spinning uncontrollably.

"Sister!" She fell into Luna's arms and lost consciousness.


Oh sweet Princess, you only have so much time before you lose your energy...

A voice sounded in her head as the princess struggled to her hooves. The only thing that surrounded her was white.

"WHO IS IT? SHOW YOURSELF!" The princess demanded as she shot lasers all over the area.

Oh Celestia...I never knew you had such a temper...

The voice was smooth, intimidating. It sent shivers down her body and all she could do was prepare for the worst. "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?" Her voice trembled with fear as she took two steps backwards, only to trip over her own hooves and land roughly on the "floor".

Oh...you better hope your little orange filly comes home soon, as I have the power to control YOU

Celestia felt her power being sucked slowly out of her body and let out an inaudible scream.

The clock is ticking my dear, and sooner or later I will possess all the magic in you, and soon, all the magic of your pathetic little world...


"ARGH!" Celestia inhaled sharply as her waving mane started to fade. Her wing feathers fell as if they were being plucked out slowly, one by one. She gasped for air and fell into her sister's embrace, drifting into a small sleep. Her hair turned completely gray, and the yellow aura around her horn had dissipated. Her breathing was low and steady, yet her heart was still accelerating.

"SISTER!" Luna wailed into the morning light, while tears fell from her face and rolled down her cheeks...


In the apple orchards of sweet apple acres, an orange mare collected apples with her young mother, while recounting her adventures to her.

"And then...there was cotton candy clouds with chocolate rain everywhere! You should have see Pinkie's face! It was hilarious!" Applejack exclaimed while tossing the apples into the buckets using her tail. She skillfully bucked the trees, sending all the apples down from the tree. With quick reflexes, she used her flank to bat the apples towards the buckets, while using her tail to throw the bruised and rotton apples in the opposite direction.

Her mother could only smile and chuckle at her daughter. She was proud that her daughter had grown into a fine and strong mare, and even earned the title "the Elemnt of Honesty". My...my little filly has grown into such a beautiful mare...This triggered a question in her mind.

"Say honey, do you have a coltfriend yet? Or at least a crush?" Hearing that question, Apple Jack flinched and bucked the tree inaccurately. She yelped as she lost her balance and fell onto her rump.

"Sorry, that kinda caught me off guard..." Applejack said as she used her hoof to rub the bruised area. "Well, I don't have a coltfriend and I've never taken interest in any colt. End of story." She huffed, while pushing herself off the ground. She waved her head nonchalantly in the air, and walked over to the next tree and was preaparing to buck it when...

"Well, I don't suppose you know Caramel?"

Applejack immediately stopped her actions, and felt the heat rushing towards her cheeks. She blushed madly while avoiding eye contact with her mother. "Nonsense mum, that was somepony I liked when I was a filly, and I've never seen him since then."

"I don't think so..." Her mother giggled like a schoolfilly while clapping her hooves together. "Come on honey, tell me all about your love life!"

"Fine, but DO NOT TELL ANYONE."


Celestia awoke from her slumber. Her eyelids lifted in slow motion, as if they were as heavy as boulders. She struggled to get onto her hooves, but she felt weaker than granny smith. She had difficulties inhaling, and her wings felt as if they were ripped from her;she felt as if she had lost the ability to fly. She was unable to produce magic, and suddenly it occurred to her

EQUESTRIA HAD NO PROTECTION AGAINST TIREK

She immediately stumbled out of a makeshift bed, made out of several cushions, and dragged herself towards the throne. She pushed open the doors with all her might, and crawled towards what she thought was her empty throne. When she reached the footsteps, she was greeted with the sight of her sister mustering all her magic. Luna had a bright blue aura around her horn, and her eyes were a full white. She was panting heavily and beads of sweat trickled down her forehead. Celestia gazed out of the window, and noticed that a blue forcefield was surrounding equestria. She sighed contently while closing her eyelids, knowing that her sister had everything under control.

"If only Applejack dear knew she needs to hurry up, we don't have much time till Tirek attacks..." Celestia mumbled before falling into a deep sleep.

Author's Note:

SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE FOR LIKE 1 MONTH!
Was on a hiatus :twilightsheepish:
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! And see if you can spot the references I made for the start of the chapter ;)
And no, I don't really ship carajack, I ship thuderjack :raritywink: