• Published 8th Apr 2015
  • 1,050 Views, 20 Comments

The Secret of Sheldon Clopper. - theanonymousbrony



Sheldon Clopper: eight years old, mute, a child prodigy, and the number one threat to Equestria.

  • ...
12
 20
 1,050

The Birth Of A Mindbender

My name is Sheldon Clopper: I was named after my grandfather, and I was given that name by my mother and father, Jack and Diane Clopper. I was just like anypony in Equestria; I go to school, I have friends, and I have a special talent of my own. But my special talent would soon make me the target of Princess Celestia herself. What does any of this have to do with the story? Well, I'm getting to that.

It all began on that most joyous day when I was brought into this world. I remember everything starting off quietly, then I started to hear moaning and a lot of shouting. I heard somepony cry, "It's a colt!" and as I was being hoofed over, I opened my eyes and I just stared into the sapphire eyes of my mother as she cradled me in her hooves and planted a warm kiss upon my forehead. My mother was a beautiful earth pony with yellow fur and long brown hair. Standing beside her was my father: a proud earth pony with blue fur and gelled black hair.

The pony--who I'm assuming is the doctor--walks up to my father and says, "So what's the little colt's name?"

My father thinks for a while and says, "Sheldon, we'll name him Sheldon."

My mother then started to nuzzle her face next to mine as she said, "Sheldon, my little Sheldon."

And while this was happening, I could hear the dr. say, "That's strange, why isn't he crying?" but for some strange reason, his lips weren't moving.

But the strangest thing about all this is that while I was being carried into the room where they keep the other babies, I could hear other ponies saying things like:

"Oh, what a cute little colt."

"Aw, isn't that just the most precious thing?"

"Oh, I just wanna squeeze his wittle cheeks."

And just like the doctor, none of their lips were moving.

But none of that could compare to when I was having to stay in that room for the night. I was trying to get some sleep, but I couldn't get as far as a snore with all these babies keeping me up all night with their bawling. And as if the beaker of my annoyance couldn't possibly rise up any farther, I had to hear their complaints.

"Where's my mommy?!"

"Why am I in here?!"

"It's dark!"

And guess what, their lips weren't moving as well--in fact, they were only moving while they were crying.

I swear, I would've given anything just to not hear them. But alas, I had to be cursed with a good pair of ears. They could've at least not let me be so near to those loud ones. And I'm not exaggerating, the babies who I was having to sleep next to, were extremely loud! It was nothing but hour, after hour, of noise...noise...NOISE! Throughout the night, I was trying my best to block out this rambunctious chatter by thinking of them being pushed away from me as far as I want them to be.

...

The next morning, when the dr. came into the room, he was very surprised to find all--but mine--carts pushed away in a disorderly fashion. "This is very peculiar." He said to himself. He soon brushed it off as he took me out of that madhouse and brought me back to my parents.

When I was finally brought into my new home, I soon found myself being inspected by my grandfather. My grandfather was a lanky earth pony with blue fur and short white hair, and my grandmother was a plump earth pony with pink fur, long white hair, and glasses. As he was examining me, he was saying stuff like, "His cranium is about .9 inches longer than most babies, his heart-rate is surprisingly well, and his corneas don't seem to be in any damage. My final conclusion, this is one healthy baby."

My grandmother told him, "Sheldon, all babies are born healthy; everypony knows that."

"Now Amy, why do you think our grandson is named after me?"

"Because he's a boy."

"If you'd prefer to think that."

My dad then told them, "OK Mom and Dad, it's nice to see you two, but Sheldon Jr.'s going to need plenty of rest right now."

"Now Jack," said my grandfather, "if you're going to infer that my grandson is the second of his name, then at least say it right."

"Come on Sheldon," coaxed my grandmother. "I believe somepony's theory needs to be worked on."

After a brief pause my grandfather then said, "You're right, a physicists job is never done." As he was being dragged out by my grandmother, he quickly said, "Goodbye, Sheldon Clopper II. And don't forget to sing 'soft-kitty' before you put him to sleep."

When that was done, my mother had went to the kitchen and fed me some milk. After that, she placed me in my crib while she and my father just stood there, watching me sleep--and trust me, after listening to all that noise last night, I'm going to be needing a whole lot of snoozing. My father put his hoof around my mother as he said, "Well, we're officially parents."

"Yep," said mom, "who would've thought that after four years of attending the most prestigious university in Canterlot, we would have this bundle of joy in our lives?"

"Yeah, we had our share of accomplishments, but just you wait for what our son will accomplish later on. Who knows, he might be the first pony to graduate at the age of eight."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I named him after my father, didn't I? And if you were ever named after a great physicist, you can probably accomplish anything." After they'd chuckled for a brief moment, my father then brought up what the dr. had only been thinking in his head, "Hey Diane?"

"Yes Jack?"

"I've just noticed something."

"What is it?"

"Sheldon has never cried since we were at the hospital."