• Published 21st Apr 2012
  • 889 Views, 11 Comments

The Plague of War - Thunderclap421



No matter where you run, no matter where you hide, war and love will always find you. Eventually...

  • ...
3
 11
 889

Surprise!

*Static* "What the..! How did-AAK!"*static*

*Static* "It's wiped out half of our force! WE NEED REINFORCEME-" *Static*

*Static* "Oh god no! Please no! AAAAGGGHHH-" *Static*

*Static* "My legs...I c-can't feel my legs..." *Static*

*Static* "It's breaching the hull! We need to get out of here NOW! *Static*

Hundreds of different calls came in from the Demolisher's invasion force. The bridge crew did their best to an extent, but there was just too many radio chatter than they could handle. Zn' Jija burst into the bridge, fumed. "What's going on in here?!" He bellowed over the communication chatter.

The nearest pony flinched, "We don't know whats going on, the Demolisher got to mission objective Dapple just fine. Just shy of twenty-five minutes after they landed at the town, this started up. That was five minutes ago."

"What do you mean? I thought there would be slim to none resistance from the towns folk," Zn' Jija said angrily.

"What we are getting out of this is that...Hold on...That can't be right. Sir, what I'm getting is that one of your warriors or officers, I can't tell, went rouge and is wiping out the Demolisher and its forces." The entire crew turned to look at Zn' Jija, and other than the radio chatter, an awkward silence filled the room. After about five minutes, the crew mate spoke up, "Sir?"

"I never sent any of my officers or troops down to that planet. Not without informing the princess," Zn' Jija growled. With that, he stormed off out of the bridge and over to his brothers barracks, leader of the Dattr battle squadron. Even though it has only five Y'kt Rra warriors, the squadron is the deadliest Zn' Jija has to offer to the New Lunar Republic. Zn' Jija made his way to the sliding door of the barracks and pounded on it, [Guui Jija! Did I give you any authority to send one of your soldiers down to that planet and betray our only ally!] Zn' Jija said in the Y'kt Rra language.The sliding door slid open and standing there was Guui Jija standing calmly.

[What ever do you mean Zn' Jija? All of my warriors are all here, their blades sharpened and ready for battle. Yes, they are going to get antsy soon if they don't get to shed blood, but they would never go out of line and disobey their superior officers. Or even betray our temporary ally's.] Guui Jija said calmly.

[Then how is one of the most dangerous of our kind obliterating the Demolisher, by now it is a smoldering wreckage with the invasion force slaughtered. None of my warriors have that power other than you, your warriors, and I] Zn' Jija rumbled.

[Then that warrior is not one of us, it is that simple. He or she is either a defector or a mutant. Remember that human, Sergeant R.A.P. Thunderclap? What did happen to him brother, think.]

[By the goddess! That's him? Who would have thought...Wait, how? He is a human, isn't he?]

[Human biology can not survive in this world, remember? The shrapnel that I saw in his arm before he jumped into the device must have been a piece of armor plating from an unfortunate warrior. His power is unreal though, it must be his combined strength of his human form, his current form, which is unknown to us at the moment, and his mutated form.]

Zn' Jija processed the information given to him and just looked at his brother. Zn' Jija sighed, [It looks like we have some research and some snooping around to do hmm? Lets go find ourselves a mutant, it would be a shame to watch him destroy our forces if he could be along side them.]

It had been about a day and a half since the massacre at Dappleshire an the entire time, I had been walking back to Ponyville the entire time. The scenes played throughout my mind like a broken record player. The slaughter of the townsfolk nearly broke me, I never got used to that kind of killing. All I say is, 'if somebody dose not have the ability to fight back, do not kill in cold blood'. Those monsters, why did they kill those civilians in cold blood? Those bastards deserved to die. They killed without mercy, so they paid in blood. I looked down at my claws, both covered in blood. Why did I turn into this monster? Is it because of the shrapnel that was wedged in my arm back in Eerost? Questions filled my head and I did my best to answer them, most to no prevail. Then I noticed where I was standing. Oh gods! I didn't notice that I got here so fast! I heard gasps all around me as I stood in the middle of Ponyville's square. I looked around, and saw almost everypony and the Mane Six staring at me in shock and horror except Rainbow Dash, her expression was a mix of shock, horror, and curiosity. For a couple seconds, she looked into my eyes, and then I backed away to the main road exiting Ponyville and ran down it, ashamed. "Hey you! I want to talk to you!" I heard Rainbow Dash's voice from behind me.

"No you don't want to Rainb- I mean miss!" I shouted quickly.

"How do you know my name? Almost got- Woa!" Suddenly, I unfolded my wings from under my back armor and shot down the road and took a sharp left to the Everfree Forest. "Geeze your fast! Fine, you wanna race? Then lets race." I dodged to the left, then right, then down under the canopy of the Everfree. Still, Rainbow Dash slowly caught up to me, so I made one last push in the direction of her cloud home. when we cleared the forest, I suddenly stopped when I opened my wings all the way in the direction I was going. That move took Rainbow Dash off guard and she sped by me. Now I trained behind her but she did the same move but this time, slammed into me and when I was about to crash to the ground, I cocooned around her to protect her from the impact. We hit the ground hard and I bounded a few times before I slid across the ground about 100 meters, which happened to be a little past the cloud home. I was on my side when we came to a stop and for a couple seconds, I held onto Rainbow Dash, making sure she wasn't hurt "Um...You can let go now."

"Sorry," I said, letting her go. She flew, grabbed my horns, and looked me square in the eye.

"Who are you? What are you? What are you doing here? Why do you know my Name? Tell me."

I sighed. I was afraid it would come down to this... "Rainbow Dash...It's me, Thunderclap."

Now Rainbow Dash was surprised, "Your not Thunderclap, Thunder is a pony, not an alien like you." Rainbow Dash landed on my chest plate and at that moment, I forgot about all the suffering and death I had witnessed over a day ago. My body started to shrink and in about a minute, with Rainbow Dash still on top of me, I was my old self again.

"Surprise." I said sheepishly. Tears welded in her eyes and she hugged me tightly, which I gladly hugged back. As soon as she hugged me, she got off of me and wiped her eyes quickly

"So um, what's going on?" Rainbow Dash said, doing her best not to tear up any more.

"Well, I think I found my special Talent...That alien you saw a second ago." Rainbow Dash looked down and nodded. "I'm sorry you had to see me like that..." I started walking away, but she stopped me.

"It's OK. It looks cool anyways," we looked at each other, smiling for a few minutes.

"Oh, Rainbow Dash, I need to talk to everypony. Now. There is an evil force that will kill us all if I do not find a way to protect Ponyville." We made our way back to Ponyville and Rainbow Dash gathered all the residents of the town. I stood in front of all them standing still until they settled down. "Alright everypony, listen up! If all of you want to live, then please listen to everything I say for now on." There was a surprised murmur around the crowd and then everypony was silent. "Thank you. An evil has come to us to kill us all and I was the only survivor in the Massacre of Dappleshire. Now, I need to find a way of how do defend Ponyville and other towns."

"And that is?" Mayor Mare said, beside me.

"By turning you into the best military forces in all of Equestria. We will start by salvaging what armor and weapons that is left at Dappleshire. I need volunteers to go with me, please, for all of the innocent lives of Equestria." Almost all of Ponyville raised their hooves and we started our long journey into a great war: the war with the Solar Empire, the New Lunar Republic, and the Militia of Equestria.