• Published 11th Sep 2014
  • 337 Views, 3 Comments

Survivor - ThornDrayton



It is too much. The world has gone to Hell. And we can't survive in Hell.

  • ...
7
 3
 337

Survivor

It is too much.

The world has gone to Hell. And we can't survive in Hell. The dead shamble the streets and alleyways, searching for their next meal. Screams of the lost are heard every hour as their barricades and locked doors give way under the strength of the restless horde of dead clawing at them. The same fate will happen to me eventually. I know this now. I am just dead meat. A free meal to some lucky walkers. And it was nothing like this a week ago.

A week ago, everything was normal. Other ponies going about their daily business, not having to worry on the upcoming pandemic. The changes were small, and barely noticeable. Coughs, a cold. Maybe a temperature change. It only was when the cures didn't work is when ponies started to worry. Started to panic. The cures for these small illness were found a few years ago. I never trusted them myself. Now I think about it, I'm glad I didn't. It seemed to good to be true. Too good to be real. A cure for the common cold? To me, It was a bit far fetched, so whenever I did get a cold, I'd walk it off like normal. Not go to the local store to jab some needle into me by some unicorn.

Ponies then started dying, and that's when things went out of hoof. Doctors couldn't save them, save them from something so simple. It was so quick. Nearly forty five percent of Canterlot's residents were deemed dead within a day, and it was spreading fast, to all over Equestria. Ponyville, Manehatten... Hell, even Cloudsdale. That reminds me, I need to go there, Last I heard, they cleared it out. The last liveable city. Shame though, I'm not a pegasus. It'll be difficult, if possible at all. Maybe the airship still is working. Maybe I could fly it up there using the airships. But how could I stay on the clouds?

It's hopeless. There is nothing I can do any more. Just wait. Waiting 'till my bitter end. I don't have the stuff in me to kill myself. But then again, getting munched on isn't exactly idealistic. It can be all over in a quick move. I have the rope. I just can't...
I miss my friends, my family. Now, everypony I know is probably pounding at my door now. Or some other unfortunate souls like me. I've tried calling for help, but all I receive is just static. I've been listening to the same frequency for Celestia knows how long. Its just the same noise ringing in my ears. I don't think I'll ever get used to it.

I haven't slept today. I'm too paranoid. I'd rather know when I'm going to die then get chewed on in my sleep. Anyway, the static, the constant pounding of those things and the creaking of my falling apart everything. The room I'm in is just empty. Everything, from the bed frame to the wardrobe to the bed itself, it all protecting me. For now.

I still remember the good times. When Pinkie Pie would pull stupid jokes and silly tricks, but they would always make us smile in the end.

Applejack and her family. She still owes me Bits from that time I helped with the rough Applebuck Season last year. It's a shame that Bits aren't worth anything to me now.

I bet Rainbow Dash still out there, fighting, keeping strong. She was never one to give up and snap. She's stubborn like that. But that's what makes Rainbow, Rainbow.

And I don't even want to imagine what Rarity would do in a situation like this. To be honest, it would be pretty funny to watch. Watching her fuss over the tiniest of things and moan like it would do anything.

Oh, Fluttershy. You were always cute. And so kind too. You never deserved this. Nopony did, but it just feels wrong for something so bad to happen to you. Like hurting a innocent foal.

And Twilight Sparkle. She only became an alicorn recently. She would try to think of some way to escape or survive. But I guess even the high and mighty can fall like the pawns on a chessboard. Maybe Spike could of set the dead on fire. Now that would be something I'd pay to watch.

Why does everything have to be so bad!? Why me? Why not someone who could actually stand straight without collapsing? I'm so weak. So tired... Hell, I may as well rip down what I created and let the things in. But that will add to the horde.

I don't want to do that. That would make things worse. I never pictured life to come to an end like this. I though it would happen years in the future, when I wouldn't have to worry about it because I'd be long gone. Its also a bit ironic, that something that was created to try and help us ended up killing us instead.

The barricade is making a horrible creaking noise. The sound of it giving in to the monsters outside it. Any second now, it will give way and the things will pour in. I don't know what I'm doing any more. I'm just crying. Crying like it will actually make a difference and make the horrors leave and never come back. for all of Equestria to just revert back to the way it was. It wont though. I know deep inside me. It's time to face facts. I'm going to die, if its from the demons that lurk the outside or by my own hoof, it will happen. And it will happen now.

If anypony ever finds this, please. Find a way to fix what is happening. I dont know how you can though. Maybe the Elements, or a big bomb or something. Just, make things normal. The deathly noise of wood breaking is telling me that they are in now. Ready to feast but they wont have me. I wont let them. I won't add to the horde.

Comments ( 3 )

The world has gone to Hell. And we can't survive in Hell.

Based on this, I, for some reason, was expecting a comedy. I am pleasantly surprised by this story.

*reads story*
Well, he's gonna kill himself.
*hits back button*
Wait, there's gonna be more? Perhaps I will get to see some badass zombie killing action.
:moustache:

Whoever this will either survive or be found later by other survivors and read his final moments. Probably when they find there corpse.

Login or register to comment