• Published 27th Aug 2014
  • 913 Views, 7 Comments

A Perfect Cadence - DailyMe1



A story about Princess Cadence's past while in early teen stages.

  • ...
2
 7
 913

A Day in Canterlot

Chapter 6. A Day In Canterlot

Cadence woke up. She didn't get much sleep tonight, mostly because she was so late anyway. She started out of her room, to find herself in a massive hallway. She looked around, curiously, suddenly bumping into Celestia.

"Why, hello. Cadence was it? Why don't you head into the dining room to have breakfast?", Celestia said as she pointed into a large room with a table in it.

"O-Okay", said Cadence, as she started to walk toward the room.

"Have a good day", said Celestia as she walked off.


Cadence walked into the dining room, surprised to see a huge table, much larger than she was used to. In addition, there were also many plates and silverware. Back in her old home, in a little cottage, there was a small table, only about half the size of the table in front of her, and not nearly as many plates nor silverware.

She started walking towards the table, looking at the surroundings before her. She wasn't looking when she bumbed into a cook. The plates toppled, but luckily the cook was a unicorn.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to!", Cadence said anxiously.

"It's quite all right", the white cook stated, "You must be the new princess in town, Cadenza was it?"

"Why, yes, yes it is... But you don't have to call me that... Cadence is fine", Cadence replied, nervously.

"Why, hello, Cadence. I am cook Silver Blade. Would you like breakfast?" The stallion looked at Cadence.

"Um... Sure... Thank you", Cadence replied.

Silver Blade served Cadence breakfast, as she enjoyed it thoroughly. So much that she had almost forgot she was in the castle. Once done, she wiped her mouth, and headed wandering in the castle.

Being still a young little filly, Cadence was very curious. She loved exploring, and finding new things to explore. One of those things was the castle. Cadence had never been in this large of castle, as far as she could remember, but of course, young little fillies can't remember too far.

She started around the castle, looking from left to right. She noticed many paintings, ones that looked somewhat familiar. Though, she thought nothing of the matter.

It was only a matter of time before she reached the end of the hall, where she found a huge door in her way of the outside. It was slightly creaking open, and Cadence's curiosity got the better of her. She pushed the door open all the way, revealing the outside world. It was just as she had remembered from last night, except everything was brighter and dry. She stepped outside, and looked around. It was different from her old home. For one, it didn't have as many trees. It was greener and everything looked new. There were more houses, and it was a lot busier as well.

She slowly walked out of the castle, and into the outside. She started around the place, curious to see what was in the world. She had never went far from her home, so this was new to her.

As she got further into the outside, it became busier. Ponies in a rush to get to appointments, taxi ponies trotting along the road, and ponies in general walking along. Cadence grew careful as she walked near the edge of the road to avoid everypony. She wasn't used to this, as her old home was a peaceful place, and once in a while a bit of excitement. She carried along, however, calm and collected.

She kept walking, getting further and further into the humongous city of Canterlot. It was just a matter of time before she once again, bumped into somepony.

"I-I'm sorry!" Cadence spoke quickly. She was a bit embarrassed, as so many times did she happen to bump into everpony.

"It's fine, really", the young white mare replied, "My name is Fluer De Lis, what's yours...?" Her sentence came to a sudden end. She stared for a while, her pupils shrinking in shock.

"I'm the one who should be sorry! You're the new princess here, aren't you?", the unicorn stated. She had apparently noticed Cadence's horn and wings.

"I was the one not paying attention, though!", Cadence said back, a bit surprised the word had been going around so fast.

"But, you're a princess!"

Cadence looked at her horn and wings, "Well, I guess I am... But that doesn't mean everypony has to act like that around me, I'm just the same as everypony else!" Cadence, a bit surprised to what she had said, blushed.

"Well... Okay then, you're Cadenza, right?" Fluer stated.

"Yes... but you can call me Cadence" Cadence wasn't too used to her full name, as most of her old friends usually went by the nickname, Cadence.

"Sure! Hi... Cadence..." Fluer was a little nervous about talking to a 'princess' like this, and so was Cadence. "So... You're new, right? Do you want a tour of Canterlot?"

"Um... sure! Thanks you." Cadence looked at the ground, then back at Fluer.

The two friends walked along roads and streets, exploring places and finding new things. Time passed, and before they knew it, it was already late afternoon.


"Well... I guess it's time for me to go" Fluer stated.

"Me too." Cadence looked at the ground. "Celestia is probably worrying like crazy by now."

The two fillies giggled, and quickly recovered.

"It was nice meeting you... Cadence." Fluer smiled at her new friend.

"You too" Cadence smiled back. In spite her shyness, she had already made a new friend.


Cadence entered the castle nervously. What would Celestia think of her? She would indeed get in big trouble.

"Where have you been?" Celestia said as Cadence entered the massive doors. She had a severely stern look on her face, which was never good.

"Um... I was exploring outside..." Cadence gulped nervously.

"Never go out without warning again. You could have gotten in much more trouble. I'll let it go this time, but remember to never go out without my permission." Celestia shot an unpleasant look Cadence's way.

"I-I will... I promise..." Cadence once again looked at the ground in shame. Celestia was right. She could have gotten into much more trouble.


Cadence had her lunch and went out to explore the castle more. Once again she saw paintings that seemed familiar... but still, she acted like she saw nothing.


A few hours later, it was bedtime. Cadence walked down to her room, stumbling a bit. She walked in, and climbed into bed. The door swung open. The pale pink pony ducked under her covers. But it was only Celestia.

"Good night, Cadence" Celestia smiled warmly at Cadence.

"Good night" Cadence replied, closing her eyes.

The door closed, and she turned off the lights. Before she knew it, Cadence was fast asleep.

Author's Note:

yeah.... It has been a very long- 5 months -since I updated this... and I guess I was just a bit too busy on other networks such as deviantART and such....... plus depression......

....... BUT NOW IM BAAAAACK :pinkiehappy:

And I hope you enjoyed this thingy thing! :pinkiehappy:

SPOILER: Fluer De Lis (I think)

Ohhhh, aaaaaaand...

NERDS- What is 1-3467889149?
RIO PEOPLE- Bock.