• Published 27th Aug 2014
  • 913 Views, 7 Comments

A Perfect Cadence - DailyMe1



A story about Princess Cadence's past while in early teen stages.

  • ...
2
 7
 913

Sombra's Invasion

Chapter 3. Sombra's Invasion

King Sombra used to be a normal unicorn, but his greediness and selfishness made him an evil villain Equestria knows today. He knew very well that the one of the most most powerful artifacts in all of Equestria was the Crystal Heart. He wanted all of the power to himself so he set off on a journey trough the Arctic Ice that surrounded the Crystal Empire to get to the Crystal Heart.


Meanwhile in the empire, everything seemed to be fine. Little did they know that King Sombra was after their most valuable Crystal Heart. Cadence was in the castle, playing. Just her there made the empire seem to be calm and still. Of course, her parents, didn't have the slightest clue that Sombra was about to invade their precious empire, however, Cadence could feel there was something wrong going on, so, she started whining, but Emerald and her father thought nothing of it. They just simply smiled and Cadence just looked at them, awkwardly.


King Sombra was now in the middle of the arctic. He was almost there. Sombra traveled for a few minutes, and soon, he came in sight of the crystaly city. He was very fond of the power of the Crystal Princess, but he knew, with the power of the Crystal Heart he could easily defeat the princess. The empire was soon surrounded by a black, smokey mist. The ponies tried to run. They were panicking and the whole empire was chaos. King Sombra was now inside the Crystal Empire. He turned back into a unicorn form, and started racing towards the Crystal Heart when Emerald Shine stood in front of him.

"I will not let you harm my crystal ponies", She said in a strict, low tone.

"Oh, I won't harm them", said Sombra

"I'll enslave them, put them in chains, and they'll help me get all the power to take over all of Equestria!", continued the king, rapidly.

Emerald just stared in horror.

Sombra then took the Crystal Heart out of it's place. He struggled a bit because the heart had a magic that kept it staying in the empire. He surrounded himself with it, circling the Crystal heart around him. Emerald was too breathless to do anything. That's when Sombra charged up his magic and all the princess did was sit there. He blasted a beam from his horn surrounding Emerald Shine. She laid on the ground, still.


Ruby was still in the castle. He was worried about his wife and his child. Emerald wasn't back yet, which worried him even more. He wanted to keep his child with him, but that, will most likely, will cause danger for himself and his daughter. So, he put Cadence in a box, relatively hidden, and went out to face Sombra. He raced down, and found himself in a black mist, soon turning into a unicorn, very well recognized as King Sombra, but he saw something else: a white alicorn with a green mane and tail with four emeralds as her cutie mark, was laid on the ground before him. He sat down in misery. His wife was dead. He was too carried away, by broken heart, that he did not notice, Sombra was once again, charging his magic. A furious beam shot at Ruby, lying down now, with his wife.


Cadence was worried. She climbed out of the box, and started downstairs. She found herself tumbling down and bumping into the Crystal Heart. She moaned but then something strange happened. She stared into complete nothingness, and her eyes where shining bright white. She shook it of but something else happened. Cadence was surrounded by a magical turquoise-blue aura. It seemed to be protecting her from danger. She didn't know what else to do but run out of the Crysta Empire, so she started running, not very fast, though, because she was only a filly. She was just on the outside of the town, when, she saw two floating objects flying above the Crystal Empire. They used there magic and shot it upon King Sombra. He cascaded into nothing but shadows. But then something else happened: the empire started shrinking, and everything in it. Cadence ran. She needed to get out before it was too late. The flying objects from earlier seemed to disappear. She managed to just escape the empire before it turned of nothing but thin air. Cadence kept running. Their was not many choices but to stay there and freeze to death, or find somewhere safe enough to at least last a bit longer. She chose the second choice. A little bit was better than nothing. She started aimlessly at one direction, soon finding a forest, which was the safest place she could find. Cadence headed in the forest. Her crystaly coat seemed to wore of as she ran out of the empire. She couldn't help but feel bad for the poor crystal ponies she had left behind. She was also concerned about her parents, as she did not know where they went or were. She fell to ground and started weeping.

Author's Note:

Sombra.
Yeah, the floating objects were Luna and Tia, and NO, I actually DO NOT like Celestia so I'm making her unknown.
Creeeeeeeeeeeeeepyyyy. (Pinkie)

For Eggheads: What's 3,268,546,273,334 ✖ 762,935,268,373 (NO CHEATING OR CALCULATORS ALLOWED)

RIO PEOPLE: Rio birdie.
{ Next Chapter is going to be...}