• Published 2nd Sep 2014
  • 772 Views, 8 Comments

An alternate mane six - Rozen_spark



When Sunset Shimmer is sent by king Sombra to oversee the preparations for the harmony festival, she meets five mares who later become her friends.

  • ...
3
 8
 772

Chapter two

Sunset looks around the light room, book shelves lining the walls with a variety of book genres,she walks further into the room noticing a chained door. "why the hay is it chained?" Sunset reaches out to pull on them only to hit a magical barrier protecting them. "I'll figure what's behind you later."

"Sunset I found the living space" Rex stands before a staircase leading upstairs, she walks over and goes upstairs, Three doors line the left side while two doors line the right.

"which one is the bedroom?" She opens the first door on her left and see's two chairs and a couch sitting in front of an fireplace, Sunset hears the door open downstairs and walks back down.

"hey Sunset you wanna chill till the festival starts?" Flitter stands behind Fleetfoot looking a bit nervous "It was the others idea" Sunset stare blankly for a few seconds before replying.

"others?"

"yea Lyra, Octavia and Sweetie Drops"

Sunset sighs "I guess, but only because I need help finding a book"

Fleetfoot signals the others to come inside "Great book search, what are we looking for exactly?."

"Anything to do with the colt in the moon or elements of harmony" Sunset starts looking through the shelf closest to her, Octavia walks over to Sunset.

"Why in equestria do you need them, don't tell me you believe the legends?" Sunset looks up a bit shocked "what? you think just because I'm a simple earth pony that i don't read, I've spent my time reading legends Sunset."

" I never thought that Octavia but i won't lie I was a bit surprised, Do you happen to know about the elements then?"

"Hmm I did read a little about them, six exist in total but only five are known. Honesty, Loyalty, Hope, Generosity and Kindness, Anyway the elements are just an old mares tale quit worrying".

Sunset gives an annoyed look at Octavia "You really don't believe that do you?, I mean they would have had to exist for them to be written down"

"Maybe the writer is an excellent story teller"

"I seriously doubt that, King Sombra has mentioned them to me before he wouldn't make stuff up"

"Right I forgot, The king picked you as his personal student" Octavia moves her mane with her hoof in a mocking tone, Sunset's face starts turning red from anger, Flitter flies between them.

"ENOUGH, listen you two the harmony festival starts in 15 minutes can we please get there in one piece?. Octavia turns away from Sunset and walks outside the bookstore.

Sunset puts her head down "Maybe I shouldn't have gotten so angry at her" Sunset feels a hoof being placed on her "Sweetie Drops?"

"we have all gotten mad at Octavia before, She is really honest to the point of being blunt but we're all friends so we've all learned to accept it."

"Friendship sounds so complicated"

"It is at first but once past that it becomes a wonderful thing Sunset" She looks up to see the others leave.

"Sunny?"

"Yes Rex"

"Can I go to the festival with you?"

"well yes I wasn't going to leave you here alone, Come on let's go" Sunset walks outside while Rex follows her. The streets are lined with lights and all sorts of closed booths, "They must open later" She looks around noticing Lyra waving at her.

Lyra walks over to her "hey Sunny glad to see you made it, Octavia was looking for you"

"Unless it was to say sorry, I don't wanna talk to her"

"Oh" Lyra walks away a bit sad, Sunset looks at the moon four stars start going near the moon.

"I really hope i'm wrong"

"SUNSET" startled by the yelling Sunset looks for the source, seeing Octavia walk over "I've been looking for you"

I know Lyra told me"

"well I'm sorry for what I said, it wasn't my best moment" Sunset tries hard to listen but can't help darting her eyes back and forth between the moon and Octavia.

"What do you keep looking at?" they both look at the moon, noticing the silhouette on it disappear "well that can't be good"

"we need to find the others now" Octavia sprints off.

"Wait Octavia" Sunset follows her and runs beside her

"why? they can help us"

" I don't need help"

"Well I won't let you do whatever you plan by yourself" They reach the town square and stop near a large crowd of ponies standing in front of a stage.

"you don't give up do you?"

"nope now wait here I'm going to find the others"

Sunset sighs "alright" she turns her attention to the stage where a tan earth pony with a white mane and tail taps the mircophone

"Mares and gentlecolts, welcome to the harmony festival I'm sure everypony is excited that ponyville was chosen this year." The crowd taps their front hooves on the ground in cheer. "Of course the festivities don't start until morning but now onto the mane event, The kings speech please welcome King Sombra."

The curtains behind the speaking mare open and two lights shine on stage revealing nothing, sounds of panic are heard from the crowd "now calm down everypony no reason for alarm'

"Oh i seriously doubt that" a cloud of black mist appears on stage, the cloud begins to shape into a black alicorn with purple armour and a short dark blue mane appears before everypony.

Author's Note:

Yeah sorry for the wait been trying to find an editor but no luck yet so please bare with the mistakes, also been a bit unmotivated and yes I changed two the of elements names, This is an alternate universe anyway.

Comments ( 1 )

5268504 I like her original name

Login or register to comment