• Published 21st Aug 2014
  • 678 Views, 7 Comments

After the Fact - The dead Pixel Brony



The beginning of a tale is a very important part of a story. But its what happens after that matters.

  • ...
2
 7
 678

I don't blame you

Author's Note:

I can upload from my phone.
Cool.
Expect another chapter In a few hours. Finnaly decided what I want to do with this story.

Reading people was a skill I learned from my father. He always told me that you could tell who was willing to sell or buy just from how they carried themselves. I always prided myself on my ability to use that skill. It wasn't very hard to carry that skill over to reading ponies. The facial expressions weren't that different, the body language was new but not impossible to read.

As i looked over the ponies before me, especially the purple alicorn, i damned that skill to hell.

She looked horrible. The bags underneath her eyes, her drooping wings, her hair looked like it hasn't been combed in weeks, patches of uneven fur. Her eyes as they look me over, how much my body had changed since coming here, all I could see was guilt. And fear. Fear of what I might say, or do.

The other two were a different story.

Rainbow Dash was looking at me with unabashed contempt. For what, i wasn't sure, but the hate was there.

Applejack looked at least partially apologetic, although the nervous fear was there.

"Thank you for coming here today," said Luna from the spot in the couch next to me.

"It was no problem, Princess," Twilight said, with a heavy undertone of exhaustion.

I stood up.

Rainbow Dash was in my face a second after.

"What do you think you're doing, monster!?" she yelled into my face.

I felt anger that wasn't my own burn up my throat. At least now i knew why she hated me.

"Rainbow!" Twilight yelled, "Sit Down before you make things worse!"

She tightened her glare into my eyes for a second, then fluttered back to her chair. With her out of my path, i walked over to where Twilight was seated.

She looked up at me with guilty, fear filled eyes. I knelt down to be at her head level. Then, very gently, I pulled her into a hug. She immediately tensed up.

"I don't hate you," I said into her ear.

After hearing that, she relaxed. And began to loudly cry into my shirt.

It may seem a bit unorthodox, but I couldn't sit there another moment and watch her tear herself apart on the inside. I don't usually hug people, at all, but my emotions haven't been my own for awhile.

"You just messed up. It happens," I said soothingly as I gently rubbed her back, careful to avoid her wings. Luna taught me the hard way not to touch those without permission.

After a few moments, i loosened my grip and leaned back. She looked up at me with tear stained eyes.

"I'm not happy about what has happened, but I don't blame you," I turned to look at Applejack and Rainbow Dash, a slight bit of anger slipping onto my face, "You two on the other hand, had no reason to do what you did. But... Against my better judgement... And under conversion," I threw Luna a light glare, "I have decided to forgive you and drop any charges against you, as long as you stay far, far away from me."

"You're the monster! Its you who should stay away from ponies!" Rainbow Dash yelled from her seat.

I stood to my full height and looked down at the idiotic pegasus. She flinched visibly from the glare I was giving her. I opened my mouth to speak, but Luna beat me to it.

"Rainbow Dash, if you cannot conduct yourself in a civilized manner, then leave." Luna practically growled.

Rainbow shot to her hooves, her wings spread out in anger. "But it-!"

"He is not an it!" Luna roared, shooting up on all fours to stand over the pegasus. "He is a dear friend, a hurting husband and a father who is very far from home, and is currently trying to be cival to those who caused him harm!" Luna stared down at the cowed pegasus. "Get out." She growled. "You do not deserve to be in our presence."

Rainbow Dash looked ready to defend herself, but thought better. Standing up, she slowly walked out of the room with her ears laid flat.

"Applejack, if your sentiments are the same as your friends, then you best leave as well." Luna said, turning back towards her seat.

"I don't share her exact thoughts on the matter, but after what he did, in his right mind or not, I still don't like him." Applejack calmly stated. Standing up, she gave a small bow towards Luna, and a small nod and a smile towards Twilight, she walked out of the room.

With an heavy sigh, I let my shoulders slump, then walked back over to the couch and sat down. An awkward silence filled the room till Twilight cleared her throat.

"So, um... Your a father?" She shakily asked with a forced smile.

"I am." I nodded. "Well, going to be. Er... I might already be. Rebecca was only a few weeks off from the due date."

"Boy or girl?" Luna lightly asked from my side, putting a wing over my shoulder.

"She wanted it to be a surprise." I chuckle a bit. "Not knowing which, I went out and spent a few grand on everything baby. She was so pissed when I started to unload the trailer. I told her, 'if you would just let the doctor tell you the gender, I would have only spent half of what I did!'" that got a small chuckle out of both of them. "She cuffed my ear for that one."

"She sounds like a great mare." Luna chuckled.

"Woman, but yeah. She is." I sighed.

"How did you meet?" Twilight asked with a small smile.

"Well..." I started. "It was about... Five or so years ago. I was in my store, taking inventory, when she walked in. The moment I saw her, I thought she was the most gorgeous woman to ever grace my eyes. She thought I was just another redneck." I chuckled. "Her car had broken down a little ways down the road and needed help. I said sure, hooked up my flatbed to my truck, and we went and got it."

"Whats a car?" Twilight interrupted.

"Um..." I thought how to put it simply, but understandable enough. "Its a metal box with a combustion engine that turns a drive shaft that makes the wheels turn at high speeds."

"Oh. Sounds complicated." she muttered.

"You have no idea." I chuckled. "Anyway, I looked under the hood. It had overheated. Simple problem. But I thought, why let a pretty girl like her get away? So I told her that I could fix it, but I would need to get it back to my shop. So she agrees to it. I get it pushed onto the trailer, and we got back to my shop. A few hours and a tune up later, I tell her its fixed. She asked me how much it would cost. Let me cook you dinner, and your phone number. She laughed, and agreed. After we got married three years later, she asked me what was wrong with her car. I told her, and she beat me up as I laughed."

Luna and Twilight are laughing now, barely able to contain themselves.

"You are such a charmer." Luna giggles out.

"Hey, I have my ways. They may be underhanded, but they work." I smile.

"I will give you that." she giggles some more.

"Now that I've told some stories, why don't you tell me some?" I ask, looking at Twilight.

She smiles, and starts telling me about her adventures in friendship.