• Published 21st Aug 2014
  • 678 Views, 7 Comments

After the Fact - The dead Pixel Brony



The beginning of a tale is a very important part of a story. But its what happens after that matters.

  • ...
2
 7
 678

Anger Changes

I used to have blue eyes.

Yellow. Thats what color they are now. Not bright cheerful yellow, that would be too much to ask. Sickly yellow. Like puss. My pupil is noticeably oval shaped, with the arch being horizontal. The veins in my eyes have been visible in the whites of my eyes for some time now. My face is very pale now, with no explanation for that. Thought it was just from the stress. My canines, including the rest of my teeth, are sharper than they once were. I’ve cut my cheek a couple times.

About gave a maid a heart attack when I yawned.

The doctor here gave me a once over after my first night. Took blood, hair, skin, saliva, all the stuff you could easily take a sample of, really. He said I was fine physically, as far as he could tell. Seeing as I’m an entirely new species to them, not to mention whatever changes I’ve gone through, I’ll just have to take his word on it.

The door to the room opens. I set down the silver serving tray I was using as a mirror and look towards the door. Princess Celestia gives me a small smile as she walks towards the table I’m sitting at, a folder floating next to her side. She gracefully sits down at the couch across from my own, setting the folder down on the table between us.

“Good afternoon, Thomas. I hope your day is progressing well.”

“No worse than usual, ma’am. Hows yours?”

Her ears twitch at my response.

“Despite today’s agenda, better than expected actually. Now then, lets get to why were here shall we?” she asks as she opens the folder and readies a quill over the paper inside.

“You want my statement on what happened after I got here.”

“Correct. I know your memory is a bit spotty, but tell me what you can please.”

“Alright.

I don’t remember much about getting here, mostly just what I was doing before I was taken. All I do remember is a bright light, then getting the shit beaten out of me. After that, I woke up in a hospital bed with my head pounding like crazy and my right arm submerged up to my elbow in a bucket of blue goop. I pulled my arm out to see stitches on one side of my arm, running almost all the way down it.

My first thought, was ‘how long have I been out?’ I’ve broken my arm before. Takes weeks, to months to heal. If it was to the point of almost being healed, seeing as it no longer hurt and there was no need for a cast, I was worried. Did I have a stroke, fall down and break my arm? Did someone hit me over the head with something, then break my arm? I didn’t know.

Then the door to the hospital room opened up, and a brightly colored pony walked in.

Then it talked.

Then I panicked.

Before I knew it, I was out the window and running full tilt down the road. I still had the clothes I last remember wearing, minus my coat, which should have raised some red flags, but I was in ‘fight or flight’ mode from being confronted with an unknown creature, and so adrenaline was pumping through my system like crazy. So I kept running down the road. I heard yelling from behind, so I ran faster. I heard something running behind me and gaining, so I veered off the road and into a field. The running went on for what seemed like an hour.

Then I ran into a forest.

The sound of my pursuers disappeared after a bit, so I stopped to rest. Sweat was dripping off of my face as my heart threatened to pop from the exertion. Knowing that staying in one place was a bad idea, I shrugged off the exhaustion till I was somewhere safe.

This is where my memory gets a bit… weird.”

“How do you mean?”

“It starts getting… best I know how to compare it to, is edited. Like that thing cut out bits and pieces from my memory, so that it doesn’t make sense.”

“You think the entity ‘edited’ you memory?”

“I don’t think. I know it did. It told me so.”



“Walking. Lots of walking. Then a cave. Then… pain. Lots, and lots of pain,” I started growling unintentionally, “Then that thing was in my head. Laughing at me. Torturing me. Putting me through nightmare after nightmare. Making me stay conscious as it altered my body. Pain. Just… pain.”

I felt my anger build. My entire body felt hot. My hands hurt. My vision started going blurry.
“Thomas!” Princess Celestia yelled.

The yell snapped out of it. I blinked.

I had stood up at some point. Looking around the room, I noticed that my vision had taken on a hint of yellow. I looked at my hands. Black veins had appeared under my skin. They no longer hurt, but it worried me.

“Thomas?” Princess Celestia asked quietly.

I sat back down, letting out a long, shaky breath.

“Sorry,” I mumbled.

“Its alright. Although I think thats enough for now, I have what I need for now anyway,” she flipped through her folder for a moment, while I reached into my pocket for my pack of cigarettes, “One last thing, and I’ll leave you be for now.”

I pulled out the pack as I motioned for her to continue.

“I know now might not be the best of times, but considering the circumstances, those that assaulted you when you first got here,” she held her breath for a moment as she looked at me critically, “Would you like charges filed against them?”

I snorted.

“After everything that has happened? No.”

“What about the one who brought you here?”

I paused.

The one who brought me here… the one who caused all of these things to happen to me by bringing me here.

“Was it on purpose?”

“No.”

“Then… no.”

She released a small breath that I didn’t know she had been holding.

“I would like to talk to them though.”

Her ears shot straight up and her eyes locked onto mine.

“Why?” she asked critically.

I lit the cigarette.

“Thats one of the questions I would like to ask.”

She stared at me for awhile, seemingly contemplating the request. I just blew smoke rings into the air. Well, tried to at least. After about five minutes, she stood up from her position on the couch, taking the folder with her. When she opened the door, she looked back at me.

“I will ask them if they would like to speak with you.”

“Thats all I can ask.”