• Published 24th Sep 2014
  • 3,099 Views, 79 Comments

The Life and Adventures of Peanut Butter - FlufferNutters



The adventures of Peanut Butter a human turned bat pony as he lives his new life.

  • ...
5
 79
 3,099

Peanut Butter and School

Peanut Butter's room is dark with only a small night light to illuminate the room slightly as he sleeps peacefully in his bed. As Luna opens the door and walks in quietly to wake him for his first day at school. She approaches the bed and gently nudges Peanut Butter wake.

"Time to wake up my little moonbeam. It's time to get ready for school." Luna says softly.

Peanut Butter groans a little and looks at Luna sleepily. His mane in mess and his eyes half open.

"Too sleepy mama." Peanut Butter mutters before rolling over.

"I know. But you need to get up." Luna says as she uses her magic to levitate him to the bathroom and starts his bath as Peanut Butter brushes his teeth.

As soon as he finishes brushing his teeth Luna helps Peanut Butter into the tub and starts to wash his mane, Coat and wings with shampoo letting it soak into his coat.

"I don't wanna go to school." Peanut Butter mutters.

"How do you not want to go some place you haven't been there?" Luna asks.

"I dunno." Peanut Butter says.

"Silly colt. Now close your eyes time to rinse off your coat." Luna says before she pours water on Peanut Butter.

After his bath Peanut Butter is dried off before his coat and mane is brushed before Luna helps Peanut Butter put on his jacket that Rarity gave him then a scarf is wrapped around his neck and sunglasses are placed over his eyes. Luna and Peanut Butter go to the kitchen to eat a breakfast of pancakes before Luna takes him to school. Most of the time breakfast is quiet until Luna speaks to Peanut Butter.

"Now Peanut Butter I know you're scared of going. But I want you to have fun and make friends ok?" Luna says.

"I'll try mama." Peanut Butter says while he eats his breakfast.

"That's all I ask for. I'll be walking you to school today. But Lunar Shine or Ocean Shine will walk you to school and one of Aunt Tia's guards will pick you up." Luna says.

"Ok mama." Peanut Butter says as he finishes his breakfast.

After eating, both Luna and Peanut Butter go on their way to the school house. After leaving the castle the sounds of the city can be heard all around them from the sound of other pony's conversations to shops opening up and ponies walking around as well as the smells of the city as well. The smell of the fresh baked bread in the bakery hits Peanut Butter's nose as he starts to smile. He starts to think this won't be that bad after all.

They soon reach the school house after about ten minutes. It is a large white building with an archway over the entrance with a sign that reads "School" in big bold red letters. Peanut Butter whimpers at the size of the building. The castle might be larger. But that is his home and not the school. The nervousness he had earlier turns to fear as he hides behind Luna clinging to her foreleg.

"I don't wanna go mama." Peanut Butter says while clinging to Luna.

Luna uses her magic to get loose of the young colt's cling.

"You'll be ok my little moonbeam." Luna says.

Just then a unicorn walks towards them from the front doors of the school. His mane is white and his coat is grey. He soon stands in front of Luna and Peanut Butter in what could be described as a professional stance with him standing tall before bowing to Princess Luna.

"Nice to see you again Princess Luna. I take it this is your son?" The Unicorn says.

"It's nice to see you too Chalk Dust and yes he is. Though he is a bit scared right now." Luna says.

"Most foals his age usually are. We did as best as we could to fit his needs from what you told us and we'll follow your other request as well." Chalk Dust says with a bit of a chuckle.

"Thank you." Luna says before setting Peanut Butter down.

Peanut Butter whimpers and looks up at Luna.

"Don't worry everything will be alright. You'll be with the other foals to make friends with." Chalk Dust says.

"It'll be ok my son. Here's your lunch it's your favorite sandwich with some other stuff. Be good and make friends little one." Luna says as she places his lunch in his saddlebag.

"I will mama." Peanut Butter says shyly.

Luna gives Peanut Butter a kiss at the top of his head before she leaves as Chalk Dust leads Peanut Butter to his class. The hallway is painted with a soft sky blue colors and the floors are white tile almost as if they are walking on clouds as the only sound that can be really heard is the hoofsteps of Peanut Butter and Chalk Dust and the muffled sounds of teachers giving lectures in their classrooms. They soon reach a classroom that has sounds of the other students and the teacher on the other side the door. The door itself is a oak wood door with a small name plate on it though Peanut Butter can't really see the name. Chalk Dust opens the door with his magic to reveal a classroom that has the same blue walls as the hallway though they are covered mostly in class projects. The desks are lined up neatly as about twenty other students look at Peanut Butter walking into the classroom. They first notice his sunglasses and his wings as they start whispering to each other about him.

"Class settle down and have your attention. This is your new classmate Peanut Butter. Say hello to him everypony." Chalk Dust says.

"Hello Peanut Butter." The other foals say in unison.

"Um H-Hi." Peanut Butter says quietly while putting his head down avoiding eye contact with the rest of the foals.

A small pink pegasus filly raises her hoof into the air trying to get the teacher's attention.

"Yes Cotton Mix?" The teacher asks.

"Why is he wearing sunglasses and have weird wings?" Cotton asks.

"Very good question. That's because he is a bat pony a subspecies of Pegasi that is usually seen at night. However you may have seen them in Princess Luna's Lunar guard. The reason why he wears sunglasses is because a bat pony's eyes are very sensitive to light and to him seeing in sunlight is like how we'd see in pitch black darkness except all white and he would be in pain." The teacher says.

Chalk Dust directs Peanut Butter to his desk and he follows and places his saddle bags next to his desk. Chalk Dust then leaves as class begins. During class Peanut Butter gets bored of the lessons and starts to day dream of being back home in the palace and thinks about what he could be doing there. If it was playing in the snow at night with Ocean Shine or curled up with Luna and Lunar Shine as Luna reads a story to him. His mind then drifts off to another thing which was who is the figure from Hearth's Warming Eve that he saw after the play. Who was it? Or what was it? Questions run through his head trying to figure it out. While day dreaming he feels a slight push and snaps out of it and sees the teacher next to him.

"Peanut Butter please pay attention in class." The teacher says.

"I'm sorry." Peanut Butter says with his head down.

The teacher continues her lesson and not long after Peanut Butter day dreams again. Though this time it's about the other foals in his class. They kept giving him odd looks and he can hear their whispers about him and doesn't want to do anything with them. Two hours later the bell rings for lunch time which snaps Peanut Butter out of his day dream and gets his Power Ponies lunch box in line with the rest of the class as they line up and head to the cafeteria. When the class reaches the cafeteria they all sit down together at one side of the table. That is other than for Peanut Butter as he decides to sit at the end of the table where no other ponies were as he opens his lunch box to reveal a fluffernutter sandwich, An apple, A peanut butter cookie and apple juice as he eats his lunch quietly. The teacher notices this and writes in her notebook. Peanut Butter feels content with not being around the other foals while eating his lunch as he keeps to himself and finishes while the others are talking and eating.

The bell rings an hour later as they all start to line up and head back to the classroom for class to start again. When they go back to the classroom they all take their seats and lessons continue. Again Peanut Butter's mind wanders off again. He really doesn't want to be here.

"It's boring and there are a lot of ponies here I don't like to be around a lot of ponies. I wanna be home. Though it's lonely there. But it's at least away from these other ponies. They're all mean to me. They don't like me cause I'm different. Why? Why don't they like me? I just want this day end." Peanut Butter says to himself.

He takes his pencil as he starts to draw in his notebook. He doesn't pay attention to what he is drawing as he looks out the window as he lets his hoof move on his own. After about five minutes he draws a picture of himself and his family and another foal smaller than him playing with them. Suddenly a blue magic wraps around the page as it's slowly torn from the notebook as Peanut Butter looks up to see the teacher with a frustrated look on her face.

"Please pay attention in my class Peanut Butter. Next time you'll be going to Principal Chalk Dust's Office." The teacher says.

Peanut Butter puts his head down and looks away. During class Peanut Butter decides he's had enough of school and puts his jacket on and tries to hide in it. He doesn't care anymore. He just wants to go home and not come out of his room or at the very least the palace. He doesn't like it at school. To him it's unwelcoming and that there are too many ponies around him. He doesn't understand why he's feeling this way. He just does. His breathing picks up as his heart starts to beat faster and his eye go wide causing him to panic. He quietly grabs his saddlebags and sneaks out of the classroom before the teacher notices.

Peanut Butter makes it outside and runs off towards the castle. What was a quiet pleasant morning in the city is now a loud afternoon of city life as Peanut Butter folds his ears to muffle the noise and runs into a nearby ally way to escape the noise. Though the ally way doesn't help much. Though it at least made the sounds in the main streets die down a bit. Just then Peanut Butter starts to cry softly. But another sound catches his attention. It's a whimper. But it's not just a whimper. It's one of a foal. He figures out the whimper coming from a box near by. Peanut Butter lifts it up to find the foal that is whimpering a small pegasus colt curled up trying to keep warm. His coat looks a lot like Luna's and his mane is almost a sky blue and his eyes are sea blue. The young pegasus is shivering and tries to hide from Peanut Butter. Peanut Butter doesn't know what to do. He is up against the wall about curling up with the foal to keep him warm. But he knows that's what Luna did whenever he was cold. He lays behind him and keeps the colt close to warm him up covering the foal up with his wing.

"Th-Thank You." The foal says.

"You're Welcome........ I'm Peanut Butter. What's your name?" Peanut Butter asks.

"I'm Moon Dust." Moon Dust says.

Just then a Unicorn guard is standing in front of them with a stern look on his face looking down at them. Peanut Butter's expression goes from content to concern as he looks up at the unicorn guard.

"Big trouble?" Peanut Butter asks.

"More than you can imagine." The guard says as both Peanut Butter but he wouldn't let go of Moon Dust.

"Young prince please let the foal go so we can get back to the palace." The guard says.

"No. Not without Moon Dust." Peanut Butter says.

"Fine. But only to make this easier on me." The guard says lifting the two up with his magic.

They head towards the castle as Peanut Butter is not sure what punishment awaits him.

Author's Note:

Well that took a while. Sorry for the shorter chapter this time around. Also for confusion's sake I'm skipping part 2 of the Holiday arc since this was almost done already. This chapter was hard to work with so if it's not as good as the others please forgive me. This and next chapter are setups for something big. I'll also have another story in the works in between the next chapter and the event I have planned for this story. Sorry for the wait and quality of this one. Hope you enjoy.