• Published 24th Aug 2014
  • 1,791 Views, 22 Comments

Who's Who - Write Holiday



It's another day in Ponyville. Birds sing, leaves sway, and Twilight tries a new spell. Oh, and she is in Fluttershy's body now, the spell kind of malfunctioned. Also Discord found out, that's another problem.

  • ...
6
 22
 1,791

Different Marks

"I can not believe this, are we really switched again?" Fluttershy asks, getting more and more frustrated by the minute.

"I fixed the issue and the side affects had taken place without any fair warning, what else do you want?" Discord asks.

"Oh I don't know, try being normal maybe?"

"You are normal, just different." Fluttershy ignores him.

"Um, Fluttershy, shouldn't we just be patient? Fluttershy?" She walks past Twilight. "Where are you going?"

"To Applejack's."

"But, shouldn't we work this out?"

"We will, just without him near us and with a nice, cold, refreshing cider in my hooves." She opens the door. "Coming?"

...

"Applejack, give me some cider please." Fluttershy says, sitting across from her at a round table.

"Sure thing sugar cube, I'll take it Discord didn't fix the spell yet?"

"Oh no, he did."

"Oh, uh, well ok, one cider comin' up." The barn doors open and Rarity trots in.

"Oh Applejack darling, I have your... I see you're busy."

"Not now Rarity, another time." Applejack says through her teeth.

"Very well, I don't say I blame you." She walks out.

"Applejack, what was that about?" Twilight asks.

"Something that shouldn't worry y'all a bit. Now then, the cider." Applejack hands Fluttershy the cider, but watches her drink it down.

"Another please."

"Uh, I wouldn't recommend that but, if you're sure." She hands her another and the same happens.

"Ugh, why isn't it working? The princess says it helps her all the time with stress." Fluttershy spins the cup.

"Oh, oh! Oh no, you're done if that's your plan sugarcube, ain't no way that's happening here." Applejack closes the barrel.

"Hm, fine."

"Um, Fluttershy, shouldn't you look for-"

"Oh Celestia!" Applejack yells. "Your cutie marks!" Fluttershy and Twilight look at their flanks, only to find that their cutie marks have switched. Fluttershy's cutie mark is Twilight's and Twilight's is Fluttershy's.

"Oh no, this is bad, really bad. Ok, Twilight, I need you to-"

"Ahhhh!"

"Ok, don't panic, that's number one. Number two, since Discord fixed us, we can go to the princesses and have them fix his fixing, or something. Ok twilight, I thik we can do this. to the train station!"

Applejack walks to the door, closing it. "Fluttershy, the train is broken down. You could both fly there but I don't think you'd be able to last that long in the air, even with breaks. Trust me, the best choice right now is to wait." Fluttershy slumps into her chair. "Oh, and uh, your eyes." Applejack hands them a mirror, showing their eye colors have swapped as well.

"Ok, you're right, so what do we do about this?"

"Ah' don't know, but what ever you do, don't get Discord involved. He is slick and manipulative, don't trust him. You hear that Twilight? Twilight? Where'd she go?"

"I don't know, she was here a second ago. Wait, you don't think-"

"She wouldn't."

"I hope not."

...

"And I was kind of wondering if you would um, well, fix this please." Twilight asks Discord, sitting across from him in Fluttershy's cottage.

"Oh Twilight, I prefer the new you to your old self. You're so much more calm and peaceful. I will help you, but for a small, simple price."

"Yes?"

"I'd like a chair in your new house. One near Fluttershy's."

"Ok, I can do that."

"Wonderful! Now, give me some time and I'll get back to you on this cure. Chow for now." Discord pops away.

"Twilight! Please tell me I'm not too late." Fluttershy says, barging in her own home.

"Oh, hi Fluttershy. Too late for what?"

"You know what."

"Um, well I just talked with Discord, he's working on a cure."

"That's what! Why would you ask The Lord of chaos to fix something chaotic?"

"Because, um, well, I guess it makes sense in my mind." Twilight backs up a bit.

"Ok, this is fine, it's ok, he shouldn't have asked for anything too bad. Maybe another IOU, or a new sink, what did he ask for exactly?"

"A chair in my house. One near you."

"A chair? There's a catch, there has to be. He wouldn't ask for something so easy, so modest, he's up to something again, and I don't like it."

Discord walks down stairs. "No catches Fluttershy. No tricks, no favors, no late fees, nothing but a chair."

"Why don't I believe you?" Fluttershy asks, taking care of Angel.

"Because you shouldn't."

"What are you going to do Discord?"

"Has it really come down to a trust-less friendship? I fixed your little problem and I have yet to earn your trust?"

"Yes!"

"Oh, well ok then." He smile and walks outside.

"Well great, once again we are in his claw things. Twilight, next time you decide to do something like that, please inform me prior to doing it."

"Ok, sorry Fluttershy." Twilight walks upstairs and pulls out the pan from earlier. "Well, I guess I need to get started."