• Published 24th Aug 2014
  • 1,791 Views, 22 Comments

Who's Who - Write Holiday



It's another day in Ponyville. Birds sing, leaves sway, and Twilight tries a new spell. Oh, and she is in Fluttershy's body now, the spell kind of malfunctioned. Also Discord found out, that's another problem.

  • ...
6
 22
 1,791

A confused Rainbow

Fluttershy walks down a path trying to figure out how to act like Twilight. She knows Twilight isn't as kind as her, or at least doesn't say sorry as much, but she is still caring. She loves books and often treats strangers as friends, and on top of it all is a princess. "Twilight!" A flash of rainbows swirl around her, making Fluttershy dizzy. It stops and Rainbow Dash is in front of her, a huge grin on her face. "They announced it!"

"Um, I'm sorry but I forgot, they announced what exactly?"

"Daring Do and the Griffon Overlord! It's the next title in the series!"

"Oh, um, excellent Dashie. I can't wait to read it with you, hehe." Fluttershy becomes nervous.

"Yeah, anyways, I read the synopsis of it in the Equestria Daily newspaper and in it, Daring Do has to find the long lost eighth wonder of the world that is made out of crystal in order stop a gigantic meteor sent by aliens that is about to crash into the planet! Isn't that awesome?!"

"Uh, yeah! That is totally not scary or frightening in any way, it'll be great!" She puts on a fake smile.

"Uh hu, are you feeling ok Twilight?"

"Of course! Never better. Sorry if I seem a bit odd though, late night last night. Angel had a stomach ache."

"Angle? Were you at Fluttershy's?"

"I mean Spike! Yeah, Spike! He was sick so I made him some corn."

"Corn?" Rainbow asks, a flat tone in her voice.

"He likes corn. Right?"

"Well, I guess, he's your assistant so why are you asking me?"

"I, I uh, um, look out!" She points behind Rainbow.

"What?!" She turns and sees nothing. She looks back but nopony is there. "Twilight?" She walks down the road. "Twilight, where are you? I swear, something is not well in that mare's head." Rainbow flies off.

"Oh thank Celestia, I almost gave it up." She walks out of the thin ally but is stopped by a foal. It's eyes are huge and it's tail wages. In it's mouth is a picture of Twilight and a pen in it's hoof. "Oh, well, ok, I guess I could sign it." She signs the paper as Twilight Sparkle. The foal looks at it confused. "What's wrong?" It holds a picture signed by Twilight after the Rainbow Falls trading fair. It is signed Twilight, no last name. Also it is in cursive as supposed to Fluttershy's printing. "Oh. Um, well, you see, I, I had, um, I had changed my signature now. Yeah, I no longer sign in cursive and only first name, now it's both names and print." The foal blankly stares at her. It suddenly drops it's mouth and widens it's eyes, frozen with fright. Fluttershy feels something on her back and it slithers around her neck. It's a snake.

Rainbow Dash flies back. "Twilight! More news about-" she stops. Fluttershy smiles and pretends to be nervous as she is still Fluttershy and doesn't have an issue with animals. She slowly reaches around and puts the snake on the ground, though it immediately goes back to her hooves. "That snake really likes you, Twilight. So much so that it won't leave your side, sounds like a certain other pony I know, one that wouldn't be on top of all Daring Do news." Fluttershy looks at Rainow Dash, her teeth clattering and and eyes moving constantly.

"Dashie, I have no idea what you're talking-"

"And Twilight never called me Dashie! What have you done with her Chrysalis?!"

"C-Chrysialis? I'm not, how could, I was, what?"

"Oh don't play dumb with me you lousy Changeling, I know all about you and your kind, now I'll ask once and only once where is Twilight?" Suddenly a loud bang is heard throughout the square. They all turn to look while Fluttershy flies away when it happens. "You won't get far." Rainbow takes off like a bullet, chasing after her. Fluttershy realizes this and heads to her cottage, barley able to stay out of Rainbow's sight.

"Twilight!"

"In here!" Fluttershy flies up to her room and sees Twilight looking through her stuff. "I figured I would need to know what is in here if I am to act like you, but what is this?" She holds up a brush and pan.

"I use it to clean up after my animals, but please listen, Rainbow Dash thinks I'm Queen Chrysalis."

"Chrysalis? As in changeling Chrysalis?"

"It's a long story, but-" knocking at the door starts. "Go and act like me please, I can't let her see me." Twilight walks down to the door and breaths, opening it.

"Fluttershy! Chrysalis is pretending to be Twilight, she will probably have an army by next week and take over if we don't stop her now."

"Oh no, that's terrible, I'm so sorry to hear it. Go let the others know, I'll stay here and make a plan." Rainbow stares at her.

"How many animals do you have?" Twilight freezes. She remembers the pan and how it had the number twenty-five on it.

"Twenty-five." Rainbow stares at her.

"Fine, but I have my eye on you. I'll go tell the others, I'm watching you." She flies off. Twilight let's out a sigh.

"Fluttershy! She's gone!" Fluttershy trots down, a scared look on her face.

"Um, Twilight, I need your help." Twilight follows her back upstairs. "It happened randomly, I'm not used to magic. It was an accident, I swear, I'm so so sorry."

"Alright, we can fix this, just do, well, GAH!" She flops onto Fluttershy's bed. "I can't even yell in your voice."