• Published 24th Aug 2014
  • 1,791 Views, 22 Comments

Who's Who - Write Holiday



It's another day in Ponyville. Birds sing, leaves sway, and Twilight tries a new spell. Oh, and she is in Fluttershy's body now, the spell kind of malfunctioned. Also Discord found out, that's another problem.

  • ...
6
 22
 1,791

The Sleeping Cupcake

"You're what?!"

"How did this happen darlings?!"

"I knew y'all were actin' strange!"

"I still have the cupcakes!" Fluttershy and Twilight sit while the others all yell out what they think after learning that they have switched bodies.

Fluttershy gets up. "Girls, please, this should be an easy fix. We have discord-"

"Discord?!" Rainbow jumps foward, nose to nose with Fluttershy. "You have Discord working on this? Are you serious?!"

"Um, I, we, he-"

Rainbow steps back. "You don't know what you're doing, neither of you! You're making a big mistake."

"I'm sorry." Fluttershy sits back down, tears slowly streaming down her face. Rainbow goes to walk to her, but Applejack holds her back.

Twilight gets up. "Alright, look, I didn't like it at first either but she's right, Discord is the only way out of this. The only thing he asked for was a couple of IOUs."

Rarity walks next to Rainbow. "Well, I suppose it could be worse. At least they have a way out of this. You do have a way out of this, right Fluttershy? I mean, uh, Twilight? Or is it-"

"I'll stop you right there before you hurt yourself Rarity, yes they have a way out, Discord is going to fix it. But, sugarcube, why not go to the princesses?"

Twilight sits back. "I'm afraid that they'll be mad at me and banish me or Fluttershy, maybe both of us."

"Twi', we went through this, Big Mac still has Smarty Pants and still holds it at night when he falls asleep, nothin' will happen to you."

Pinkie pushes the cart of cupcakes forward. Rainbow grabs one and gives it to Fluttershy as an apology. "And even if they would, we wouldn't let anything happen to you. Pinkie and Cheese Sandwich would join forces and throw a party to sway them into giving you both back. Right Pinkie?"

"Nothing would stop me from doing that!" Pinkie yells cheerfully. Twilight smiles.

"Alright, I guess you're all right. Well, Fluttershy, let's go to Canterlot." She starts walking with the others, but Fluttershy is asleep on the couch. "Fluttershy." Twilight pushes her, she doesn't move. "Ok, this is a bit scary." Discord falls through the celling and into the room.

"Poor Fluttershy, all tuckered out. Well, really it was me and Pinkie that made her her sleep, but we can't blame anypony now can we?"

"You did what?!" Twilight yells at a high pitch.

"I didn't do anything, it was Rainbow who gave her the cupcake. And Pinkie didn't know I replaced the sugar with sleeping powder. Either way, she is asleep and will be for the next twenty-four hours. Until then you will be stuck like this, and wouldn't you guess I have just found out how to fix this small issue of ours. Oh well, tootaloo." He pops away.

"I can't believe this. Alright, so we have a day to wait." Twilight sits on a different chair than the one Fluttershy is on. "What now?"

"Well, I need to get going, Sweetie has a project to complete. Good luck darling." Rarity walks out the door.

"I need to get going too, Mrs. and Mr. Cake need me to baby sit, see you later!" Pinkie hops out.

"Granny needs me to fix up the barn door, call me if ya' need me." Applejack follows suit. Rainbow sits on a third chair.

"Don't you have somewhere to be Rainbow?"

"Nah, I'm off the clock today and Scoots is working on the project with the other two, so I've got no where to be." They sit, listening to nothing but the clock ticking. "So, what is it like?"

"What?"

"You know, being in a different body. Especially one that is always near animals."

"Oh. Well, I prefer to have magic, but Fluttershy's wings are pretty nice. They are clean and, not very shockingly, overly sensitive."

"How so?"

"Well a cat scratched it yesterday, I thought it fell off from the pain." They both laugh. "I don't understand. Why is Discord having all of these IOUs just random favors?"

"Trust me Twilight, he's up to something."

"I know, I just hate not knowing what it is."

"Carful what you wish for Twilight."

"You're right. Well, I should bring her to her place, it's been a long few days." Rainbow and her say goodbye and Twilight carries Fluttersy to her cottage. "I need to loose some pounds when I get back to normal." Walking in, Angel hops over and kicks at Twilight's feet. "Angel? I'm not Fluttershy, even though I sound and look exactly like her, I don't know what you want and where anything for you is." Twilight puts Fluttershy in her bed and lies on the couch. Angel looks at her and hops over to a bag. He kicks it over and food falls out. Twilight gets up and tries to pick the bag up, but it's so heavy she almost spills all of it. "Fluttershy does this every day? No wonder she was Saddle Ranger, she must be super strong on a daily basis."

"N-no. Please, no."

"Fluttershy?" Twilight trots up to her.

"No, please stay away, please." Angel goes over and slaps her, but nothing happens. Twilight goes over and shakes her.

"Fluttershy, wake up! Fluttershy!"

...

Fluttershy backs into a corner, shadows walking towards her. She is still in Twilight's body and still has her voice. "S-stay away, please don't hurt me, please!"

"We won't hurt you." A demented voice calls out. "We just want your body."

"No please!"

...

"Fluttershy!" A purple hoof flies up and hits Twilight in the jaw, knocking her onto the floor. The horn begins to glow and animals begin to fly around the room. "This isn't good, this isn't good at all." Discord walks upstairs. "Help me Discord!"

"As long as you promise to lock your door as my last IOU."

"Ok! Fine, just help her!" Discord snaps his fingers and Fluttershy quiets down. "Thank you. Now, what did you want?"