• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 12,573 Views, 425 Comments

Spike x Bloom: a New Life - AngelShy24



Spike and Apple Bloom prepare for parenthood! (Direct sequel of "Blooming Heat")

  • ...
60
 425
 12,573

Mood Swings

(Sorry for the long wait; this the longest chapter so far. Hope you enjoy it.)

A little later the same day at Twilight’s Treehouse...

Spike had went back to the library treehouse a while after Apple Bloom’s newest appointment and walking with her back to her home with her big sister. On the way back there, he couldn’t help but ponder over what has happened to him over the past week. He was going to become a father whether he was going to accept it or not. But he was already on board with it anyway, so that fact did not change.

Once he got to the library tree, he told Twilight everything; and she listened as she was looking over some research notes. “So… a boy, huh? How lucky for you. After all, for all we knew, you could’ve had twins.”

Spike was laid back on a sofa relaxing after relieving some stress, “Please… don’t even put that possible outcome in my head. That stupid nurse already gave a bad enough heart attack.” Then Spike suddenly smiled, “But even so… I’m quite satisfied with the results.”

“So what about Apple Bloom?” Twilight questioned, “How does she feel about what she's going to have?"

"She seems fine with it. Although, I think she would be fine with it either way; and me as well. You should’ve seen Big Mac’s reaction; he had tears in his eyes knowing that he was going to have a nephew to look up to him."

"Part of me stills can’t believe that you're going to become a father. Has it really been that long since I hatched you from an egg?"

"It would've possibly been longer,” said Spike rolling his eyes, “if you know who hadn’t jumped me. That filly was too persistent. But… if I’m I’m going to be a father, Apple Bloom is a good pony to be with… I guess.”

“Now all that’s left is to find out what kind of creature is developing inside her.” said Twilight feeling excited, “If you don’t mind me saying, that’s the moment I’m waiting for most of all.”

“Well… you don’t have long to wait,” Spokie chuckled, “We’ve found out already of what it… I mean he could possibly be.”

Suddenly, Twilight dropped everything she was doing and faced towards Spike with her eyes shimmering. “Really?! Please tell me everything!”

Spike suddenly sat up on the sofa and told her, “They’re still not 100% sure of it yet, but Redheart stated that the newborn could turn out to be a hybrid after all. They saw something that resembled a little bit of a dragon tail, but it appeared to have hooves; that’s just a guess though.”

Twilight was so happy that she was going to witness in the birth of a hybrid creature. She was hopping up and down feeling ecstatic. “I was right; the first possible pony/dragon hybrid! A discovery worthy of my expertise!”

Spike lightly glared at her and said, “You’re not planning to perform some experimental tests on Apple Bloom and her baby, are you?”

“No… n-no, of course not! I wouldn’t dream of it! But do you think Apple Bloom wouldn’t mind if decided to anyway?”

Spike rolled his eyes and shook his head as he laid back down on the sofa and said, “Well… we know this much so far. At least I have plenty of time to relax and think things over before my life becomes a living hell; heh, heh.”

“Don’t think of it as going through hell, Spike;” said Twilight trying to make him feel better, “think of it as… trying something new… even though you… don’t have a choice.”

All Spike did was sigh and roll over on the sofa trying to get comfortable. As Twilight walked back over to her research materials to make sure they were still all in order, she brought up something to Spike. “But there is one thing I should give you a heads up about Apple Bloom being pregnant.”

“Is it the mood swings?” said Spike without turning around.

“H-how did you know?” said Twilight feeling a bit surprised.

“The crusaders were talking about it the other day and stating that Apple Bloom was going to go through the same thing. But I’m not worry; who's to say that she won’t be able to control herself? I’m sure it’ll be no big deal.”

Feeling unsure, Twilight just said, “I wouldn’t count on that.”

“What do you mean by that?” said Spike looking back at her.

“Oh nothing; nothing. I’m just saying that… oh never mind. I just you are prepared when the time comes.”

Spike didn’t wish to dwell too much on the fact, so he just laid back down trying to catch some Zs.

“You know,” said Twilight with a smile, “I also heard that you threaten one of the nurses. Is that true?”

“Hey, she started it.”

------------

Apple Bloom and Spike knew that this road to their moment of sudden parenthood would be long; but they figured that as long as they had their friends, family… and each other, they would both get through it no matter the circumstance. But unknown to Apple Bloom the symptoms of pregnancy were going to sneak up on her one day; and for Spike, he was going to have to be her soft pillow to lay on during her time of crisis.

------------

Before anyone could notice more than a week had passed already, and the whole thought of Apple Bloom possibly giving birth to a hybrid was settling in normally... not to say that it was still a wonderful thing to gossip about. But the start of some unusual things was about to happen. Spike woke up one morning fully stretching all of his libs while strongly yawning. It was just one of those mornings that he felt that it would be a while until he fuly woke up. Seeing that TWilight was already up, he started to head downstairs while wiping his eyes; but once he got to the bottom, he suddenly walked in on an unusual sight.

“What the huh?”

There was a medium-sized table in front of him that housed some delectable breakfast dishes. There was a even a plate with a few gems that for a few seconds made Spike drool a bit; but it didn’t overcome his curiosity of the situation.

“What is all of this?”

Suddenly out of nowhere, Spike was glomped on from behind by Apple Bloom who caught him by surprise. “Good Morning, Spike!” She then gave him a kiss on his cheek and added in her statement, “Did ya have a peaceful night?”

Spike saw her; she was wearing a pink bandana in her mane, and a pink-laced apron around her waist. She was looking at Spike with a big, bright smile feeling very happy to see him. Spike however was a bit surprised of seeing her here this early in the day.

“A-A-Apple Bloom? What the… wh-what are you doing here; and what’s with this breakfast spread? D-did you this?”

“Wut’s wrong?” questioned Apple Bloom with a little giggle, “Can Ah not make breakfast for mah handsome dragon to start his day off right?”

“Uh…”

Suddenly, Twilight came walking into the room and saw that Spike was up and was already greeted by Apple Bloom. She smiled seeing the cute sight, “Morning, Spike. Sleep well?”

“Twilight, what in the wide world of Equestria is going on here?!” Spike exclaimed, “And what’s she doing here?”

“Well...I know it was a bit early when she got here,” Twilight admitted with a bashful expression, “but she truly insisted that I let her do this. So, I let her. But I have to say, I kinda underestimated on how much she’ good at cooking; guess she gets it from Applejack. Plus… how could I pass up seeing her presenting breakfast to her handsome Spikey Wikey.”

Spike slightly glared at Twilight for calling him that name. But he then looked over at Apple Bloom who was still looking at him smiling and waving her tail waiting for him to compliment her. “Apple Bloom, this is all nice… and thoughtful, but… y-y-you didn’t really have to do all of this.”

“Don’t be silly, Ah was more than happy to do it. Ah somehow woke up this morning all alert and awake and thought to mahself; ‘Hey, wouldn’t it be nice if Ah could give Spike a nice little breakfast surprise fer when he comes out of bed and he’ll be so happy and grateful!’ Although, Ah did have a little assistance.”

Spike just smirked thinking of the obvious, “Who, Twilight?”

“Nope, Owlicious!”

‘Hoo hoo.’

Spike’s eyes went wide as he saw Owlicious fly down onto Apple Bloom’s shoulder. The owl looked back at him winking his eye probably stating ‘you’re welcome’.

“Who would’ve thought that an owl could learn to cook!” said Apple Bloom cheerfully; and then she started scratching Owlicious on his side making him coo and feel good, “Who’s a smart owl? Who’s a smart owl? You are; yes you are!”

On top of Twilight trying not to laugh, Spike couldn’t believe the way Apple Bloom was acting. He knew that she could be cheerful, but this was something different. “Um, Apple Bloom… are you okay? You seem to be acting a bit… strange... somehow; you’re acting unusually happy.”

Apple Bloom looked at Spike tilting her head wondering, “Wut’s wrong with me bein’ happy?”

“N-n-no, there’s nothing wrong with being happy; but… you just seem to be acting… too happy; happier and cheerier than usual. Does this have something to do with your pregnancy?”

Apple Bloom thought about it, but then decided to ignore the thought. “Ah don’t know. Maybe it is or maybe it isn’t, but who cares; Ah did this all for you, Spike. Here, have a gem.”

Apple Bloom picked up one of the gems on the table and then shoved it into Spike’s mouth. Spike stepped back feeling a bit unbalanced from Apple Bloom’s action; then he took out the gem to say to her, “Seriously, Apple Bloom, this behavior of yours is weird even for you. Are you sure you’re not…” Then suddenly, Spike noticed the aftertaste of the gem on his tongue and he licked his lips while looking down at it, “ooh, is that amethyst?”

“Sure is!” said Apple Bloom happily, “Ah found a few of them a few days ago and planned to surprise ya with them somehow. So… surprise!” She then went up to Spike again and gave him another kiss on his cheek. “Well… anyway, enjoy! Ah’m goin’ to go and clean up in the kitchen.”

As she skipped off towards the kitchen, Twilight asked, “You want any help?”

But Apple Bloom replied, “Nah, Ah got it. Thanks though.”

Twilight then looked back at Spike who was still licking the gem still in shock of what possible great length Apple Bloom went through to get it. She smirked know that Spike was impressed no matter how weird he felt of the situation.

“So… are you going to eat the wonderful little spread Apple Bloom prepared for you?” she asked him, “I’ve already eaten this morning, so help yourself to all of it if you want. I know you have a big stomach.”

Spike placed the rest of the gem in his mouth and savouring it as he was looking at the rest of the food. After finishing, he finally gave in and said, “Well… I guess I shouldn’t let it go to waste… and I am hungry; so… oh, what the hell.” He sat down at the table and was wondering what to start with; but then he said to Twilight, “But you know… it still bothers me a bit of Apple Bloom’s behavior just now; being so cheerful and loyal to me… and so early in the morning too.”

“I could be wrong,” said Twilight, “but… I do believe that it does have something to do with her pregnancy; no doubt about it. But this is just the beginning; I’m sure that she’ll go through some different kinds of emotions.”

Spike shrugged his shoulders knowing that Twilight was right; but he still hoped that things wouldn’t turn out to be too bad. Suddenly, he had a little love-smitten expression on his face remembering something that Apple Bloom was wearing.

“I’ll have to admit though, sh-she did kinda looked a bit sexy in that apron; and of how her belly looked great with it. Kinda turned me on a bit. Heh, that clever pony.”

Twilight was suddenly sweating a bit while slightly blushing. Then she hesitantly said, “Heh; um... actually, Spike, that was… my apron that she was wearing.”

Spike eyes went wide, and then he just sighed, “And… the turn-on is gone.”

--------------

It was finally happening; well… actually, it had already been happening. Apple Bloom was experiencing her scheduled mood swings. The first sign of it happening was actually back when Apple Bloom was asking for motherly advice from Mrs. Cake… and eating three whole slices of pie. Since then, there were many times where she decided to eat more than she usually did. This came as no surprise to her siblings, but for Spike… it shocked him sometimes of just how much she could consume. Apple Bloom’s behavior on the morning that she made him breakfast though made him feel awkward and impressed. He never thought that Apple Bloom would do something like this, especially for him.

Unfortunately, another period of Apple Bloom’s pregnancy was about to kick in; morning sickness. For the next past week, Apple Bloom had to deal with this situation and needed to to take it easy. During this time, Spike always took time out of his own mornings to come over to Sweet Apple Acres and help comfort her in any way he could. Spike didn’t mind and Apple Bloom loved the company and attention. But one day, Spike’s visit was going to take a nasty turn.

As he was about to come on to the farm grounds, he ran into Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle who just came from being with Apple Bloom; although, they had a warning for him.

“Oh, h-h-ey girls.” he said being caught off guard, “Um, what’s going on?”

“Hey, Spike,” said Sweetie Belle, “Uh… we just came from being with Apple Bloom; you know how she’s been feeling through the last week… with her morning sickness and all.”

“Yeah, I know,” said Spike trying to sound responsible, “That’s why I go to see her every morning after all. She’s always happy to see me.” Suddenly, he noticed the two fillies showing a couple of nervous expressions and said, “Um, what’s wrong?”

“N-n-nothing;” said Scootaloo, “its just... well… that may not be the case this time. She’s kinda… in a bad mood right now.”

“That’s nonsense,” said Spike disagreeing, “If she’s in a bad mood, then I’m here to make her feel better. Why would it be a bad time now apart from the other times I came to her here?”

Sweetie Belle knew the answer to that. “Isn’t it obvious yet, its because of her pregnancy! What else could it be?!”

Spike was being a little aware of Sweetie’s statement because of some of the other things that Apple Bloom did. It was as if what Sweetie predicted would happen was actually coming true; so why would it stop now?

“I’d be careful if I were you,” said Scootaloo warning Spike, “Some of the things she was talking to us about… um, well lets just said that it got really awkward.”

“Awkward how?” Spike questioned.

“Why don’t you go and see for yourself, just stay on your hooves… um, claws.”

After the two fillies went on their way, Spike began to scratch his head wondering what they were talking about. He figured that Apple Bloom would be glad to see him no matter how she felt. He headed into the farm grounds and saw Big Mac as he was walking out from the barn

“‘Sup, Big Mac,” he called out, “Apple Bloom is in there, right?”

“Uh… eyup,” Big Mac responded a bit nervously.

“Good, then don’t mind me as let myself in.”

As Spike went by him, Big Mac made a gesture like he was going to say something, but he decided to just let it be. When Spike entered inside, he saw Apple Bloom laying down on some hay flat on her stomach groaning and brooding while Applejack was trying her best to be there for her. Spike knew he showed up just in time.

“Come on, Apple Bloom,” said Applejack while easing her hoof across her sister’s back, “just breathe in and breathe out. You’ll get through this; Ah promise.”

“That’s easy fer you to say;” Apple Bloom brooded, “yer not the one having morning sickness like me.”

“Yeah, well… don’t say that Ah didn’t warn ya. Ah know Ah’ve said this many times already, but ya did bring this on yerself.”

Apple Bloom slightly glared up at her older sister and said, “That’s not exactly helpin’ things, Sis.”

“Just… try and relax… like ya have already been doin’. This whole thing will blow over before ya know it.”

Spike finally got close enough for both sisters to notice him as he greeted his mate, “Heya, Apple Bloom. How are you feeling? I-I mean… I know how you are probably feeling, but… I’m here; so you can…”

Suddenly, a slight scowl came upon Apple Bloom’s face as she was glaring at him and said in a pissed manner, “You!”

Applejack knew what was coming. “Oh boy.”

Spike was frozen in place from Apple Bloom sudden outburst He looked at her with a confused expression and wondered, “Um… pardon me?”

“How dare you show yer face here,” said Apple Bloom as she carefully got up on her hooves, “Do ya have any idea wut the hell Ah’ve been goin’ through all week?!”

“Uh… y-y-yeah, I do,” said Spike nervously as he took a couple of steps back, “That’s why I came almost every morning to make sure that you were all right. S-speaking of which… a-a-are you alright?”

“Of course Ah’m not alright, ya stupid dragon! Ah’ve been feelin’ like this for almost a week; remember?! And all because you knocked me up; you did this to me!”

Spike realized that she was starting to argue towards him about impregnating her… like he did in the beginning, “Whoa, wait a minute! A-are going back to that again?! I thought we were passed this already?!”

“Well think again, Spike! You did this to me and Ah won’t ever forgive you for it!”

“I did this to you?!” Spike retorted, “Don’t you mean you did this to yourself?!”

Applejack had to suddenly hold her younger sister back as she was trying to lunger herself at Spike. Luckily for her, Apple Bloom’s condition subtracted some of her restraint. “Come on, Apple Bloom; no need to play the blame game here… again.”

Spike then groaned realizing what might be going on. “Does… any of this have something to do with her… mood swings? It is, isn’t it?”

“Eh… sorta.” said Applejack, “But its normal; she doesn't truly mean what she says.”

“Says who?” Apple Bloom protested, “Ah mean every word! Come over here, Spike, Ah got a couple of hooves here that have your face’s name on them.”

“Man, I told Sweetie Belle that there was no way that this was going to happen,” said Spike, “but I guess that she was right.”

“Ah could’ve told ya that,” said Applejack with a smirk, “Pregnancy can do weird things to ya.”

Applejack then sat down holding on tight to her sister who was still pulling forward, “Let me go, Sis! Let me at that dragon bastard!”

Spike then took a deep breath and carefully moved towards the angered filly and was saying with caution, “Apple Bloom, look... you don’t really mean that. I… I-I-I came here to comfort you like I have been for the past couple of weeks. I don’t know how or why this whole pregnancy thing is making you act like this, but… it doesn’t matter. I still love you, a-and… you still love me, right?”

Applejack suddenly felt the restraint of her sister die down as she was looking at Spike with concerning eyes. She slowly got out of her big sister’ hooves and took a couple of steps forward and said, “Spike…”

Spike smiled as he got close to her, “Yeah?”

Apple Bloom then launched her hoof out and punched Spike across his cheek causing him to fall down on the ground. “Quit tryin’ to kiss up to me; Ah hate that!”

“Aw geez; Apple Bloom!” Applejack shouted.

Spike suddenly got up while holding his bruised cheek and saying to Applejack, “No no, its okay; its okay. I can handle it. Damn, that kinda hurt.” After getting all the way back up, he turned towards Apple Bloom with a nervous smile, “Well, I can tell that you’re not very happy to see me right now… that’s okay. I’ll just... come back later… when you’re in a better mood. Uh… s-see you later?”

Apple Bloom was still glaring at Sike as he walked back out of the barn; but she soon laid back down on the ground as she felt the morning sickness getting to her again.

“Ugh, this is the worse. If Ah knew that I would feel like this, Ah would’ve never jumped Spike in the first place. He’s a friggin’ dragon for celestia sake; he’s should’ve just pushed me off with his strength or somethin' instead of going with my temptation.”

“Apple Bloom… do ya even hear what is comin’ out of yer mouth?” said Applejack.

Suddenly, Apple Bloom felt a funny feeling in her stomach and then threw up a bit right in front of her. She slightly groaned and asked, “D-did ya… say something?”

Feeling a bit disgusted, Applejack tilted her head away from the sight. “Uh… nevermind… eew.”

Big Mac was pulling some heavy crates around outside when he suddenly saw Spike walk out from the barn. Still holding onto his bruised cheek, he looked over at Big Mac and said, “Not… a word.”

-----------------

Spike never knew that this would happen, even if others said that it would. Ever since that morning when he received the huge bruise on his cheek from Apple Bloom’s punch, Spike became very weary and cautious when being around her. He never thought that something like this would happen with him and Apple Bloom, but it did anyway.

It was now almost two months from the very day that Spike woke up with a morning breakfast spread that was made by his lover (with assistance from Owlicious of course). From then, Apple Bloom had many bouts of emotions that either impressed Spike, worried him or scared him. Whenever she was in a rage mood, Spike always took precautions in approaching her and be careful of what he said to her. Regardless though, there were some times where he was caught off guard and Apple Bloom got the best of him again. It was a good thing that he was a dragon or else his body would have worse off than it did.

There were moments when Spike felt that he couldn’t take it anymore and that Apple Bloom needed to take a chill pill. But he soon realized that she was just acting this way because of her condition; and it was only during her morning sickness that made her bad attitude even worse. But taking a huge risk, he went to the farm one afternoon to face her regardless of how she was feeling. He ran into Applejack who told him that her sister was feeling a little down and went to lament in her Clubhouse and asked to be disturbed. He was wondering what could be putting her in such a mood, but he now had a feeling that she needed him even more than ever.

Once he got to the clubhouse entrance, he hesitated a bit almost worried what would happen if he went through that door. But he knew that he couldn’t back down now as he said to himself, “Okay, Spike… you can do this. No matter what she does or what she says, just get in there and… face her… and survive.” He then opened the door of the clubhouse very carefully to prepare himself of what may happen. “Um… Apple Bloom, I’m coming in. I-I hope you don’t mind if I… huh?”

When Spike took a good look inside the clubhouse, he saw Apple Bloom lying in the middle of the floor, curled up on a soft rug completely passed out. Spike was kinda surprised to see her like this; but then again she had been through a lot and probably need the sleep.

“She’s… asleep?” He then suddenly smiled seeing her posture and hearing her soft snore. “Aww… she really looks kinda cute and serene while she’s curled up and asleep like that.” Spike quietly walked over and then sat beside Apple Bloom and she didn’t move a muscle as she kept snoring away. Spike was facing away from her and was thinking over what he was going to said to her, “Well… maybe I can still release what I want to say… while she’s like this.” He then said what was on his mind. “Listen… Apple Bloom; I don’t know if you’re in one of those moods or not. I just hope… you’re not having the mad and raging at me one. I’ve already have a couple of bruises from trying to calm you down. But you should know that I…. I-I don’t mind of it… really. I guess we should’ve known that what Sweetie said to us was going to be true anyway.”

But suddenly unknown to him, Apple Bloom began to yawn and stretch out as she was waking up from her slumber. She squinted her trying to get a good look of who was beside her and soon realized that it was Spike.

“I guess what I’m trying to say is that… no matter how this whole pregnancy thing makes you act like, it won’t turn me away at all. I… I-I really love you Apple Bloom, I really do. There were others that I became close to, and I know that neither of us planned on this relationship; but… I’m glad I’m with you, and I’ll stay with you the best way I can till the end. Heh, listen to me saying the exact same thing that I’ve been saying all the time; I’m sure that its getting old by now.”

As Spike sighed and was taking a breather from his meant to be practice speech to Apple Bloom, he suddenly heard her voice say in response, “Spike…”

He suddenly jumped and turned around to see Apple Bloom still laying down abut had her head up looking at him.“Ahh… y-you’re awake! W-wait, how long were you awake exactly?”

Spike was just waiting for Apple Bloom to start complaining and/or be harsh towards him seeing that it had happened a lot lately. But he soon noticed that she was suddenly looking at him with tears beginning to fill up in her eyes. He arched one of his eyes feeling a different kind of being uncomfortable as he asked...

“Wh-what’s with those tears? Are you…”

Then suddenly, Apple Bloom latched onto him wrapping her hooves around hi waist and was beginning to cry against him. “Oh Spike, Ah’m so sorry!”

“Oh boy,” said Spike softly to himself.

“Ah’m so sorry if ya ever got hurt or bruised because of me; Ah didn’t mean it! Ah was just goin’ through many different emotions and my body was just makin’ me do weird things that Ah couldn’t control! Ah’m so sorry, Spikey!”

Little did Apple Bloom know that she was going through some deep emotional issues right at that point, but she was sobbing so much that she didn’t realize it.

“Whoa, h-h-hey hey, get ahold of yourself!” said Spike as he was being startled by Apple Bloom crying fit, “Y-y-you don’t need to apologize; it wasn’t… all your fault.”

“But it was mah fault! Ah’m the one who forced ya to have sex with me! Ah’m the one who didn’t care and got ya into this mess! I-i-i-it’s like… Ah had no concern fer yer well-bein’! Ah’m a bad pony!”

‘Man, right now I sorta wish I was dealing with the angry Apple Bloom that yelled at me,’ Spike thought to himself as he was scratching his head feeling nervous of the situation.

Excessive eating, happiness, anger, and now sadness; Apple Bloom had been through all of these, and it was definitely throwing Spike for a loop. However, he wasn’t going to let these complications ruin what he and Apple Bloom had. But just then, the door to the clubhouse opened again and Apple Bloom’s other two friends, Sweetie Blee and Scootaloo walked in. They saw the sight of their earth filly friend constantly sobbing against Spike and were quite surprised.

“Wow,” said Scootaloo out of slight amusement.

Spike blushed out of embarrassment and chuckled nervously, “This is awkward, right?”

“Not at all,” said Sweetie Belle, “well… maybe a little. But I had a feeling that she was going to do something like this soon.”

“Of course you did,” Spike groaned.

“You should’ve seen her a couple of days ago when you were in Canterlot with Twilight;” said Scootaloo, “she was kinda brooding to us and her siblings about how mean she was to you, and that this was all her fault… and there other things that she was sorta being so emotional about. She even apologized to Sweetie Belle and me for gaining her cutiemark first before we did. I guess she felt that we found that to be a bit insulting… even though we said that it was no big deal.”

Apple Bloom suddenly looked up and saw Sweetie Belle standing over her and stating, “Apple Bloom, are you crying over silly things again?”

“M-maybe,” Apple Bloom slightly sobbed.

“Then get over it already! I mean really; you’re acting like such a drama queen.”

“B-b-but… Ah’m not!” Apple Bloom whined, “A-Ah’m just speakin’ wuts on mah mind! Ah’m about to have a baby soon and Ah’m feelin’ all stressed out about it! You two wouldn’t understand since yer not pregnant too!”

“Man, am I going to act like this if I get pregnant one day?” Scootaloo groaned, “Maybe I should reconsider this for now.”

Apple Bloom wiped away some of her tears as she looked back up at Spike and pleaded, “Spike, ya don’t hate me fer making ya knock me up and then havin’ ya stuck with this responsibility; do ya? Ah’ll understand if ya do, and Ah’ll deserve it too.”

“No, Apple Bloom, I don’t hate you for what you did,” said Spike, “I never hated you in the first place as a matter fact.”

“Y-you didn’t?”

“Of course not, I’d be a complete jerk if I did… not to mention that I would probably get a physical lecture from your siblings; and they would do it too.”

“Oh they would,” said Sweetie Belle.

“Definately would,” said Scootaloo, “They would beat your ass so bad.”

After glaring at Scootaloo a bit and making her nervous, he turned back to Apple Bloom and said, “But anyway… try not to brood too much. I really hate seeing you like this. Just… be happy again like you were before, or even yell at me a few times if you want… j-just use only your words though; okay?”

Apple Bloom suddenly smiled at him and was now crying tears of joy while hugging him very tightly, “Oh Spike, you really do care! Com here, ya scaly lump of love!”

Because of her earth pony-like strength, Spike felt a little strain on his body as he quickly told her, “O-o-okay… okay, that kinda hurts too.”

Apple Bloom gasped as she let go of Spike’s body so he could breathe again, “S-s-sorry; Ah don’t know mah own strength sometimes… heh.”

“N-n-no worries…”

Suddenly, an unexpected moment came when Apple Bloom felt a strange feeling bump against her stomach. She gasped as it caught her by surprise.

“Whoa! D-d-did ya’ll see that?”

“S-see what?” said Scootaloo.

Apple Bloom suddenly felt a few more bumps and she was feeling very startled. “That! Ah-Ah-Ah felt somethin’ tap me from inside mah stomach!”

“Ooh, this is exciting!” said Sweetie Belle jumping up and down, “The baby inside you is finally responding to the world around him. My Mom said I used to kick around in her stomach a lot when she was pregnant with me; especially when Rarity held her head up against her stomach.”

“You mean that mah baby knows who is here and can see who can see who’s here?” said Apple Bloom as she was looking down at her stomach, “How can mah stomach be see-through? Weird.”

“Well… I don’t think the baby can literally see through your stomach, but I think he can sense and hear things that are around… almost like they’re psychic.”

Apple Bloom found herself groaning a bit as the developing foal inside her was kicking some more against her; but she couldn’t help but smile too knowing what this moment meant to her, “H-he’s doin’ it again. Its a bit uncomfortable, but wonderful at the same time.”

Spike was just sitting there beside Apple Bloom feeling a bit nervous and shocked about what was going on. Was what Sweetie Belle saying true? Well to him she’s been right so far, so it must have been.

“Go on and say something to him, Spike,” said Scootaloo suddenly, “You are the father after all; he’ll definitely respond to you.”

Apple Bloom looked at him and signaled him to go ahead and try. After she laid more on her side, Spike slowly went up close to Apple Bloom’s belly and began to try and talk normally without sounding too ridiculous. “Um… h-h-hey there, um… s-son.” ‘I can believe that I said that.’ “I’m not sure if you can… actually hear me or see me, but… I’m your daddy. Strange, isn’t it; to have a pony mommy and dragon daddy? I bet you’ll make a lot friends because of your reputation as a hybrid... I hope. B-b-but that never mind that, I sure hope you’ll be a nice, peaceful, well-behaved baby that gives us no trouble and will let us sleep peacefully… at night… all night. So… thump if you agree.”

Spike placed the side of his cheek against Apple Bloom’s stomach waiting for a reaction; but nothing happened. He began to wonder why the baby wasn’t responding to him; but when he placed his snout close enough, Spike suddenly felt a strong kick from the stomach that struck against him. It caught him by surprise as he pulled back a bit and was rubbing his nose.

“Ow…" he said in slight surprise, "wow, that was a strong thump. Guess he wanted to show me how tough he is.”

All three crusaders began to laugh at Spike’s reaction as they found it too be funny.

“That was priceless!" said Scootaloo, "Guess he noticed you after all.”

“That was so sweet,” Sweetie Belle cooed, "Your face looked so confused."

“Looks like he’s has yer strength, Spike;" said Apple Bloom as she was rubbing her stomach, "but Ah’m sure that thump was a kick, signifyin' that he will be a great apple bucker… like me.” She then felt some more thumps go against her, and it was starting to tickle a little to her. “Ooh, there he goes again; such a strong little bucker. Just wait until Applejack and Big Mac hear about this.”

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo was were surrounding Apple Bloom trying to see if they could get a response from her baby as well. Spike was staring at the sight smiling at how sweet it was. That was the first interaction that he had with his soon to be son, and he loved it. He just knew that when this baby was born, it was going to be the greatest moment of his and Apple Bloom’s life. The only thing that worried him still was what could happen next on this long road to birth?