• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 12,549 Views, 425 Comments

Spike x Bloom: a New Life - AngelShy24



Spike and Apple Bloom prepare for parenthood! (Direct sequel of "Blooming Heat")

  • ...
60
 425
 12,549

Prolouge

It was a slow, quiet evening at the Poniville Health and Care center... around an hour after midnight, and not much was going on at the moment. Nurse Redheart was just finishing up an appointment with a patient of hers at the front desk.

“Well... after a couple of tests and careful calculations, I’m happy to say that… you’re not pregnant, Miss Hooves.”

“Alright!” the grey mare shouted; but then she looked confused, “Wait a minute… I’m not? But that means I accidentally woke my daughter up in the middle of the night for nothing!”

"Yeah..." groaned Dinky who was there with her for support, "thanks again for that by the way."

“I'm sorry that your... um, motherly instinct was wrong," said Redheart, "I’m not saying that you having another foal is bad though; but word of advice… maybe you should think before you act, or at least find out if the stallion who knocked you up will support you in the end. I’m just saying.”

“That’s what I told her,” said Dinky, “She always tell me to restrain myself from temptation. But ooooooh no; when stallions try to seduce her, it’s a completely different story.”

“But they do ask nicely.”

Redheart face-hoofed herself and shook her head while she tried to make Derpy realize, “Just understand, Miss Derpy; you obviously raised a responsible young mare and I’m sure she loves you very much, so… just do what she does. Okay?”

Derpy just smiled and saluted to her, “Will do, Nurse.”

“Come on, Mom,” said Dinky as she led her mother out, “'YAWN' Maybe we can get your mind off of things with some Muffins before we go back to bed.”

“Ooh, sounds like a great idea!”

Afterwards, Nurse Redheart calmly walked into the business office where she slumped down on a chair feeling bored. Another nurse, Nurse Sweetheart was there as well.

“What a night, wouldn't you say?” asked Sweetheart.

“I’ll say,” Redheart responded, “Nothing usually happens this time of night. I’m not saying that I wish ponies would hurt themselves or anything else so they can come here at night, but… sometimes I wish I can get something to help give me a boost to finish out the night, you know.”

Suddenly, the doctor named Nursery Rhyme burst into the office in a frenzy, “Girl girls girls; I’m sorry to interrupt your break, but this is no time to rest!”

“What’s going on, Miss Rhyme?” said Redheart as she hopped on her hooves, “What’s got you so much in a tizzy? And weren't you about to turn in for the night?”

“I was, but I'm afraid that we have a huge, complicated emergency situation on our hooves! I’m afraid… it’s finally happening.”

Normally that kind of statement wouldn’t make any sense without more of an explanation; but for Redheart and Sweetheart, they knew what that meant.

“Holy horseshoes,” Sweetheart shouted, “it is time for that already?! I figured that we still had a couple more months! This dosen't sound good.”

“Nurse Sweetheart,” commanded Redheart, “alert the supervisor staff; we’re going to need as many hooves as we can on this one! Heh, guess I opened my mouth too soon.”

A few moments at the entrance of the center, a stretch bed busted through the doors with some medical ponies steering it; and laying on it fully pregnant and about to burst, was Apple Bloom! She was laying there flat on her back and holding onto her stomach that housed her newborn; and she was howling in pain from the labor.

“Make way, ponies; make way! We have a major pregnancy on our hands; the biggest one yet!”

Also, running right beside her, making sure she was alright was her new lover, Spike.

“Apple Bloom, hang in there! Just keep breathing in and out; in and out!”

“WHUT THE HELL DO YA THINK AH’M DOIN’?!!!” Apple Bloom shouted at him suddenly.

Spike was suddenly quiet at her outburst and then hesitantly said, “I-I-I was just e-encouraging you.”

As they went on, Apple Bloom’s friends, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo came in from behind and asked one of the nearby employees, “Which way did they take A.B?!”

As soon as the employee pointed in the direction, Apple Bloom’s friends instantly ran off in a hurry. The employee suddenly saw Apple Bloom’s big brother, Big Macintosh calmly walk in as he saw Sweetie and Scootaloo run off.

“Your sister’s friends?” the employee asked the red stallion.

“Yep.”

The ponies rushing Apple Bloom were nearing their destination when Apple was whining again from her pain feeling her baby coming close, “It’s comin’; Ah can feel it comin’! Why… wh-why did Ah let you do this to me?!”

“Me?!” Spike strongly suggested, “You’re the one who threw yourself on me! You were making it really hard for me to resist!”

“You’re just makin’ up excuses, Spike; and now because of you, Ah’m about to have a real-live baby pop out of me!”

“But I…”

“That’s… just her hormones talking,” said one of the medical ponies, “She doesn’t truly mean it.”

“Yes Ah do!”

“She really doesn’t.”

They finally got to the emergency room and carried Apple Bloom inside. However, Nurse Redheart halted Spike before he went in himself, “What; can’t I go in?”

“We have to make sure that she’s okay first. After all, this is the first time we helped deliver a birth to a possible hybrid.”

“What;” Spike panicked, “Do you guys even know what you’re doing?!”

“To be honest… we don’t.”

“Are you kidding me!?”

“I’m just kidding, but we have been preparing for this very moment; and now we’re going to put that preparing to work.”

Spike became more worried than he already was knowing what Apple Bloom was going through. All he wanted was her to survive the birthing process.

“Hey, don’t worry,” said Redheart as she patted Spike on his back, “she’ll be fine. Just stay out here and we’ll let you in once it’s safe enough.”

Spike just stood there completely still staring at the doors that Redheart went through constantly. A few seconds later, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo caught up to him and asked him, “Is… A.B… alright?”

They both suddenly saw Spike crying feeling sorry for himself, “I… I-I-I don’t know. If something does happen to Apple Bloom… it will be all my fault.”

-----

It’s been almost 8 months since Apple Bloom experienced her first heat period and mated with Spike. It was the most wonderful moment that she ever experienced, and the same goes for Spike; but at what price? Some time passed by after that, and it was confirmed that Apple Bloom became pregnant with her and Spike’s offspring. It was quite a surprise to many knowing that a pony was impregnated by a dragon. If it was possible, what would baby the look like? Would it be more pony than dragon; more dragon than pony; or would it be something in-between? Well, no one knew exactly of what it would be, but Apple Bloom and Spike were about to experience the most important moment of their lives… if they could survive through the process first.