• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 1,098 Views, 13 Comments

Bombastic Bookpony's Bazaar of Oneshots - Bombastic Bookpony



A collection of oneshots, mostly from Thirty Minute Ponies

  • ...
2
 13
 1,098

PreviousChapters Next
Fashion (Rarity and 9th Doctor Whooves, Friendship/Comedy/Crossover)

The Doctor and his dear companion, the fabulous Rarity, were tied up in tight ropes, hanging above a pit of boiling acid, slowly but surely descending into it and then they would meet their gruesome, horrific deaths.

It was, in short, just another Saturday.

“Farewell, you two. You shall not meddle in my affairs again,” the corrupt businessman said. He had a name, but the Doctor had a hard time placing it. After awhile, all the evil corrupt businessmen start to blend together.

“I’m sorry, dear, truly, but meddle?! Seriously? And I thought my novels were cheesy!” Rarity exclaimed.

“She’s got a point. All you need is a mustache from the silent movies and you’d be perfect,” the Doctor put in.

“Oh, I know a dear baby dragon, his name’s Spike, who pulls off that look quite well,” Rarity commented turning her head towards the Doctor.

“Really?”

“Really. He just goes all out, cape, mustache and all. You see dear, it’s all about comitti-” she turned her head back to their captor and stopped, as he had already left the room. Rarity sputtered with indignation. “Why I never! You try to give your villain a little fashion advice and he just throws it away! Just because you’re evil doesn’t mean you can’t have manners!” Rarity shouted.

“Well, at least we’re alone now. Time to plan our daring escape, save Equestria, maybe get a few stallions and mares, yadda yadda.”

“How much time do we have?”

“Plenty, trust me. You know, since we’re on the very precipice of death-”

“Like every day.”

“Correct, but still. We’ve been traveling for a while now, haven’t we? We’ve had a few laughs, grew closer together, we trust each other. With all that in mind, I’ve just got to ask you something.”

“Anything.”

“Promise me you’ll be honest.”

“Please,” Rarity snorted, or whatever the ladylike equivalent of that is. “When am I not brutally honest with you?”

“Just one of your many charms, my dear,” he joked with a grin. “Alright. Here goes.” He took in a big breath. “The jacket. Do I pull it off?”

“Doctor!” Rarity gasped in disbelief. “Of course you do!”

“You’re just saying that.”

“No no, you pull it off wonderfully.”

“Really?”

“Yes! It goes well with your knight in sour armor demeanor. It makes you come off very heroic and gallant.”

“See, I was just worried, cause before this I usually wore these big extravagant suits, you know. I thought I’d bring it down a little this time.”

“Great thinking. Bigger is not always better. Can I ask you a question in turn?”

“Of course.”

“Can I wear it sometimes?”

“What? Why?”

“I think I’d look very cute in it. It’d be like the movies, where the charming male lead would place his oversized jacket on his cold marefriend’s body. Oh,” she sighed dreamily.

The Doctor looked her over and shrugged. “Sure, why not? You’d look pretty fantastic in it, yeah.”

“That’s very kind of you to say so.”

“Just the truth. Now, if you could use your tail to get my screwdriver out of my jacket?”

“Gotcha.” With sleek maneuvering, Rarity grabbed the screwdriver and threw it into the Doctor’s mouth. He then used it on the console lowering them into their doom, stopping its descent. With another click, the hook swung to its side and dropped them. The two brushed themselves off.

“Alrighty. Ladies first?”

“Thank you. That stallion is going to pay! That acid fumes totally messed up my makeup!”

“That fiend!” he sarcastically exclaimed, trotting behind Rarity.

Author's Note:

Prompt #43:

“We’re running just as fast as we can,
Holding on to one another’s hand,
Trying to get away into the night.
And then you put your arms around me
As we tumble to the ground,
And then you say,
‘I think we’re alone now.
There doesn’t seem to be anyone around …’”

Another Doctor Rarity story. I couldn’t help it, these two were too much fun. The banter as always was a delight. These two were fun to write, plain and simple.

PreviousChapters Next