• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 1,100 Views, 13 Comments

Bombastic Bookpony's Bazaar of Oneshots - Bombastic Bookpony



A collection of oneshots, mostly from Thirty Minute Ponies

  • ...
2
 13
 1,100

PreviousChapters Next
Generosity (RariPie and TwiPie, Dark)

I know what you’re thinking. ‘Rarity, what is wrong with you? How could you lure sweet innocent Pinkie away from one of your best friends, the loving Twilight Sparkle?’ You must think me a monster, a witch, several worse and unclassy words that I cannot dare to think of? Am I not the most generous mare in Ponyville? Should I not be happy to let Pinkie enjoy her love? But that’s the thing, dears. Love corrupts, and love blinds.

I suppose I should begin with why I did it. What was it about Pinkie that attracted me so, that led me to commit such sin? She is but a lowly baker, with not a care about how she looks. Why, her hair is the messiest thing I’ve ever laid eyes on. But despite what some say, I am not shallow. I see the blue eyes, open, inviting and beautiful like the sky that inspired so many dresses. I see the mane, normally a sign of a lazy pig, but in her case, shows the best of her, her very essence, without even trying like I do with mine.

And above all else, I see her generosity. She cheers up anypony, no matter who they are or how they treated her. Pinkie lets them in to her loving aura. All other thoughts are pushed out of her mind as she’s consumed with the need to comfort one crying filly or lonely old stallion. Everything she does, every hop, skip, and a jump, is for another pony. For Equestria. I could give away a million dresses and never come close to that sheer generosity.

And Twilight, that oblivious superior egghead, could never appreciate her like I do. I know, is that not a cruel thing to think of a dear friend? Perhaps. But I know Twilight like few other ponies, and while she is as great as they say, she is also worse than they could imagine. The fool could never really figure out just how much everything she did meant to Pinkie. Every ‘Stupid’, muttered under her breath, every irritated yell, every angry rant- I could see it. I could see piece by piece of Pinkie’s heart just, floating away.

And every time, she came to me for comfort. Every time, I tried to undo the damage that idiot did to my wonderful baker. Every time, I tried to show Pinkie just how much she meant to me through words, but she never did! She was blinded by a purple haze of a pony who doesn’t deserve a single iota of her love! A SINGLE IOTA!

Sorry, that was unladylike of me. My words did not show her, no matter how eloquent or earnest they were. So, on one bad night, I decided action was worth a million words, and I kissed her. I expected to be pushed back, to be yelled at for trying to tear her and Twilight apart.

Instead? She kissed me back. Passionately, energetically, unreservedly. Like everything I had imagined. I knew she wasn’t ready to leave Twilight, not yet, so of course I played along when Pinkie said it was a mistake, that it would never happen again. And when it did enough times, of course I agreed we wouldn’t tell anypony. But I really did think she loved me. I really did think it was going to change Pinkie for the better.

But I have keen eyes, built up by years of dressmaking. And I could see in every movement, every laugh, and in her very eyes, she didn’t love me. At least, not like I do her. And nothing changed with Twilight either. They still fought like mad, Pinkie still cried her eyes out, and I could still see pieces of her precious heart float away every time.

It had to stop. Not me and Pinkie, no. What we had was wrong, yes. But Pinkie and Twilight were worse. And I truly love Pinkie with all my heart, please believe that. So I used my brain, my keen manipulation skills, to break them apart. It was too easy, sneaking behind Pinkie’s back. I had insisted on making Twilight another dress, a more formal one for academic gatherings and such. I told her I’d have it for her on Thursday, around 8 PM. After a bit of resistance and a bit of over exuberant pleading on my part, she agreed, blind to my plan. Her naivety, her wide eyed trust in me almost made me back out, but then I remembered all the tears my dear Pinkie had unleashed because of her and my resolve hardened.

Pinkie was easy as well; to her, meeting at my boutique was just another rendezvous. And so, Pinkie came to my boutique, one thing led to another, and we began to ‘make out’ as it were. And just as I had planned, Twilight barged in through a conveniently unlocked door, calling out “Rarity! I’m here for my dre-” and then her eyes caught us, horrified and heartbroken, tears at the brim. It was both delicious revenge and an awful crime.

Pinkie tried to stop her with a “Wait!” but Twilight was already out the door. Pinkie ran off after her, leaving me alone.

I can still hear you, you know. ‘You harlot, you charlatan, you selfish, wicked, homewrecking witch,' you hiss. But I know my Pinkie's no idiot. Twilight's comment about a dress will register in her mind. She will know that I orchestrated the breakup. And she will hate me for it. I know she will never talk to me again, and I accept that. Because someday, thanks to me, Pinkie will find that loving, perfect mare she deserves, and no matter how much I wish it to be me, I will be incredibly happy for her. And is that not true generosity?

Author's Note:

Prompt #12: A pony is trying to hide a love affair from another pony, but they’re caught in the act.

UGHHHHH TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE. It’s shoehorned darkness and angst and OOC moments and it’s basically a soap opera. I think it’s my worst story for TMP.

PreviousChapters Next