• Published 24th Jul 2014
  • 4,714 Views, 144 Comments

Twilight Guardian - Snyperwulff0



A part of the Royal Sister's past comes back.

  • ...
17
 144
 4,714
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 22 )

IT IS ALIVE! here ya go folks. I shall be continuing this!

I actually had to reread this entire story because I could not remember it at all. And it's still as good as when I first put it in my favorites.

Glad to see it continue and grats on your marriage.

9808257
I appreciate that you like it! And thank you. Like I said in the notes, no super long wait between chapters. But I won't be trying to push out one every week or two. I'd say a month to 2 months max between chapters as I'm going to work on it in my free time.

holy shit this was a surprise.

Welcome back!

wtf its alive?

“Pinkie! Stop that this instant!” A purple aura surrounded her and lifted her off as Twilight spoke. “He’s not a bouncy castle!”

That sounds like a challenge.
*turns into a bouncy castle*

So apparently Celestia hasn't declared him innocent of being evil? Because previously she effectively said that because he isn't a pony him and his kind are evil and can't be trusted. As things are its basically telling him that she isn't his friend at all, and the rest of the ponies not to trust or be friends with him. It really looks like the only decent person here is Fluttershy.

9809504
How far are you? My intent wasn't to project all of them as seeing him as pure evil. He was the cause of Luna becoming Nightmare Moon, but Celestia knows he didn't do it intentionally, and what happened will be explained eventually. To be fair, I do need to do slight rewrites of the first few chapters as I don't entirely like how it came off. Yes there are going to be those that don't trust him, mostly because, as we have seen from the shows, they can sometimes jump to conclusions. Over the next few chapters there will be developments that will change the minds of those that dislike him. I don't plan on having everyone be a total ass to the guy.

I'm sorry if early chapters came off odd.

Hey Snyperwolff, I noticed you talking about a little rewriting in the Author's Note. Might I make a suggestion?

In the first or second chapter, Celestia and Luna are talking about the particular cave that collapsed, and both knew who was in it. Yet these last two chapters are written with Celestia trying to keep his presence in the castle a secret from Luna.

If you go back, you might want to change both Celly and Luna finding out about that cave and having a conversation, to just Celly finding out and having an internal monologue. To make things slightly more consistent.

9809769
Ahh hell I did make that mistake didn't I? Thanks for pointing that out. It's been so long. I should get someone to help out with that eventually lol.

9809678
I've read all the currently up chapters and it seems there's just been an unnecessary level of suspicion, distrust, and hostility. A general assumption that he is simply bad. All of this from him just being not a pony, which makes no sense. His only crime is a small misdemeanor, petty theft, yet this somehiw neccesitates putting him in chains and dragging him to the princesses instead of a short stay in the local jail cell. The talk about how he's bad and how they'll beat him up if he does anything, when he's done nothing. Then when he DOES get to the capital, Celestia calls his species evil monsters that would destroy Equestria if they reappeared, and then told them he is to blame for Nightmare Moon. She never says "Let him go, he is innocent and not evil at all", just sending him off under guards.

Really, I don't see how any of the ponies could be considered his friends, when they all seem to assume he is bad or evil because he isn't a pony. Even the one who knows him does bothing but apparently make it worse. The Protagonist is really the only likable person here.

9810719
Ahh I see. Well I did say the older chapters needed slight rewrites. So I may be changing a few things. But it won't be a lot. I didn't want to go for instant, Gary Stu levels of acceptance, that would leave no real room for any kind of development or change if Celestia simply said "Yeah no he's okay" and the ponies just go "Oh... Cool."

9810820
I would expect something more like the prison guard from earlier. Wary, but not, you know, expecting evil from someone who hasn't really done anything. And the guard detectment sent to "escort" him to Ponyville seems a bit much (assuming that's quite a few people, rather than just a couple guides) for somwonw who isn't a danger.

9811069
I get what you're saying. Things will improve don't worry. To put it into perspective, the next handful of chapters is going to be him, in some way, gaining the trust of the girls. They aren't going to stay wary or mean to him. So don't worry. While I may rewrite some things, I knew full well people weren't going to entirely like the beginning interactions. All I ask is that if they want to stick with it, they will see things change. If they don't, then I appreciate them at least checking it out, good or bad taste left.

Glad to have reread thé story. Hoping you'll Keep it it. Keep up thé good work

9877997
Will be, just gonna be a couple months between each chapter since I've gotta focus on real life as well. Plus I have to figure the direction I want this to go ultimately.

...but I won't make you wait five more years for another chapter.

You will make us wait 6 years instead muahah.

Even after all these years, it is definitely amazing to see that this was continued even after the long hiatus. I know exactly what you mean when you say things have taken your attention away from writing, I'm in that same boat and just now starting to rewrite what I had started so long ago. Slow process for me sadly, but I'm getting back into the groove day after day, especially with all these wonderful fanfictions I somehow never read before. Perhaps we could even help each other out in our stories if you ever decide to come back. Hope you continue to create amazing ideas for us to devour!

9992832
The sad truth is... I have, and I'm deeply sorry for it. With everything that's happened it wasn't a lack of interest that put me off, it was many other factors. I ended up getting married as well. And life... Life is a struggle... But tonight I finished reading a story on here... One I had been following for a while. And well...

11300437
Nah dude, don't be. I always say to people to get their shit together before they worry about something so silly. But in this case, stabilizing your marriage and life comes first.

I know how it feels to have long updates between chapters, not gonna hold any of that against you. Looks like an interesting read so im gonna check it out anyway, hope things are going well :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment