• Published 22nd Jul 2014
  • 996 Views, 10 Comments

Love from a Changeling - KatonaIzuboriFIM



Pastern is Princess Celestia's personal maid. When a Changeling raid kidnaps her, she finds the only means of escape is befriending her captor, a Changeling by the name of Gaskin. They escape together and have to live in a town that hates Change

  • ...
3
 10
 996

Prison

I opened my eyes in the darkness, my hooves and mane covered in the dirt inside the tiny cell.

"Hello?" I whispered, sitting up and looking around. A tiny slot opened in the wall ahead of me and an apple slid through, landing in front of me.

"Umm... thanks... can you tell me where I am?" I picked up the apple in my mouth, but trotted over to the little slot that had just closed.

"Hello? Where am I?" The slot quickly slid open and a face appeared. The face of a Changeling.

"What do you want?" It's voice sounded a little raspy, but other than that it sounded almost like any other pony's voice. I stuttered, seeing his large fangs.

"W-w-where am-am I?" My voice squeaked. The Changeling almost looked piteous of me, but then he sighed.

"You're in the Changeling Queens Castle prison. I'm Gaskin, the warden." He looked around for a moment, then looked back at me.

"I'm sorry." The slot slammed closed and I was surrounded again by darkness.

I played with the apple for a moment before eating it. I couldn't see it in the dark, but the slightly stale apple was definitely a gala apple.

Maybe they snuck it from that pony Applejacks farm... the Earth pony that had the Element of Honesty. As I ate it, I imagined how delicious the castle's food was.

Celestia almost always made sure I ate something before I went back to my room. She was kind that way. I would get so busy I'd forget about eating and then have to make a midnight run to the kitchen and steal some apples.

Sometimes I would find her there too, and we'd eat together, as if out titles and jobs didn't mean anything in that dirty old kitchen.

I hope the Princess got out in time. How much guilt would I feel if I found out that I didn't protect her enough? I sighed, drawing in the dirt of my cell.

Maybe she will send someone to save me?

I highly doubt it. Even if someone did, I think it would just get us both killed. Even so, why would the Princess send some guards to save ME, her hoofmaid? I'm nothing compared to the Princess or any of her guards.

I should just lay here to rot. At least my Princess would be safe.

Author's Note:

Cover photo: Empath by 1n33d4hug Deiviantart

P.S. Inspired by Invasion by TAPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w02cs0IuKE