• Published 15th Nov 2014
  • 1,998 Views, 98 Comments

Equestrian Gangster - InvaderSplorch



With their crime spree expanding across the entire country, is there anypony who can stop them or will their legacy continue?

  • ...
5
 98
 1,998

Past Sins

"Now remember AJ, barbed wire on the front grill and the reinforced 2X4's go on the side skirts."

"Yeah, Octavia, I know. You act like this is the first time I'm doing this. Don't you remember how we met?" asked AJ.

"Sort of. Wait, were you? No, that's not it. Well, since Vinyl is off selling her product, we might as well get the truck ready and just BS while we do it," replied Octavia.

"So you really don't remember?"

"No, sorry, I don't. It's been awhile and with all the other things going on, my focus has shifted to keeping us all safe. But please do indulge me while you reinforce the vehicle."

"Well, I suppose I understand yer position. Anyway, hand me the saw. I was back at the ranch when I heard that we had a shipment coming in from the east. We headed to the docks along the eastern coast. My brother went on ahead to secure the deal, while I scouted the town for information. I headed into the local bar. I went in for a drink, hoping to calm my nerves that everything would go well. As I started to drink the hard cider, I found....them."

"You don't mean?"

"The same ones that wanted you dead."

"The Flim Flam Brothers," sneered Octavia.

"I knew they weren't in town for pleasure; they had business. I noticed them, but thankfully they didn't notice me. I slithered out of the bar area and went into the kitchen. I sneaked out through the back room and escaped. I had a hunch something went wrong at the docks, so I took a drive out there. And that's where I found you."

"In a damn boat."

"Well, it was docked and you were in safe company. I trust Nautilus and Dash, even though she may be a bit of an airhead. When I arrived, Big Mac informed me you were there, so I took it upon myself to escort you back to our ranch. That and with the deal going south, we weren't exactly in a safe location. So for the meantime, you lived with the Oranges until the heat went down. After things settled, you re-joined us. Anyways, the party at the dock we were dealing with were suddenly asking for more bits. And the best part? They said we had promised them this insane amount. What started with words ended up with bullets."

"Think the brothers were behind it?"

"I wouldn't put it past them. You were in the damn ocean after all. After you came back to the ranch and we chatted for a bit, I decided to go find your friend. You wouldn't believe where I found her."

"Where?"

"You're not gonna like the answer."

"I can handle it."

"Promise me."

"Promise you what?"

"Promise me that you won't get irrational when I tell you. We need you to keep a calm head. Your brains are the reason we got this far," implored AJ.

"I promise I won't get mad. And besides, your brains helped as well."

"But these brains can't get through to that girl. She's on another level. And well... she trusts you. But that's why you're the boss right?" mocked AJ.

"Yeah, boss," replied Octavia, rolling her eyes. "We both know the reason, AJ. If we get caught, I get the most time for being the leader while you can still continue the operation. I understand boss, I wouldn't betray the Apple Family."

"I wish I could buy loyalty like yours. Unfortunately trust like that is earned, not bought. Well, the answer you wanted. Your mare friend was in a whore house, a large collar chain around her neck. We got the info about her location from some... persuasive tactics."

Octavia slammed her hoof into the truck, her loud snorting mixing in with the sawing. She shut her eyes and tried to push this rage behind her, but all she could see was red. She shook her head harshly before she was embraced by something warm.

"It's okay sugarcube, I got you. Let it out."

Octavia burst into a fit of tears and anger. She yelled into AJ's soft chest, her warm tears flowing down her muzzle. AJ just continued to embrace her, cooing her the entire time. When Octavia had finally calmed down, AJ opened the truck door and handed her a bottle of wine.

"W-Wine?"

"One of the three that I bought."

"But those were for you," Octavia sputtered.

"Well yeah, but I only need two. I was going to save this for when we complete our operation, but well... I think now's a good time to open it. Go ahead, take a swig. I'm just going to mount the wood to the grill.

Octavia tried to un-pop the cork, but it wouldn't budge. She walked inside the apartment to grab the wine opener. When she had opened it and drank nearly half the bottle, AJ had already installed half of the wood onto the front of the truck. The 2X4's were mounted diagonally on the front side, the grill now looking like a train's rail guards. They were also shaved near the point, helping provide the vehicle with a nice sharp wedge. AJ beamed proudly of her new contraption, while a buzzed Octavia patted her on the back.

"Nice work there, AJ. Now we have something to drive on the railroad tracks."

"Har-dee-har-har. This will knock those cops out of our way."

"And the wire?"

"I'm using that on the hubcaps. If the cops' tires get close, this will shred them instantly. Oh, and sorry for not informing you. Your idea was ummmm dumb."

"That's fine, you got me wine," said Octavia, shaking the bottle in her hoof. AJ chuckled before again apologizing for what had happened to Vinyl. Octavia merely waved her hoof back and forth merely saying "It's fine."

"And that's where Vinyl joined us huh?"

"Yep. After that, we all became one big Apple Family," replied AJ.

"One question though. How in the world did you get your brother to be a captain of the police?"

"That's a family secret, my dear. But, I will only give you one piece of the puzzle. His bosses also have a weakness for free hard cider. That's it."

"I see. So it seems we're not the only ones who think this prohibition is complete shit. "

"The only one that's actively trying to stop us is that pesky detective Twilight Sparkle. But, I do believe we can change her. Everyone has a price, some just higher than others," smirked AJ.

"Heh, it does seem like you have a soft side after all."

"Only those I trust get to bear witness."

"Do you trust her?"

"Not yet. I'll give her a choice. If she accepts, then she'll be one of us. If not, then she'll just be another piece of trash. C'mere Tavi, hand me that wire so I can attach it to the wheels."

"You got it boss," said Octavia, stumbling to hand her the wire.

Author's Note:

Backstory of only 3 characters. But not the complete backstory, as there is so much more to be discovered. Can you figure it out?

12/23/14 - Probably not....not even in the slightest :trollestia: