• Published 7th Jul 2014
  • 6,958 Views, 237 Comments

It's a...Pony? - Dr Atlas



Chrysalis's plans for having a hybrid (thanks to Shining) fail when JUST an earth pony spawns. A failed plan too many for her to cope with...Along with this child.

  • ...
61
 237
 6,958

It's not a bug

“What?!”

The changeling drone held up a clipboard to defend himself for whatever rage his queen will do. “T-t-that’s right my queen...even the DNA tests proved it.”

Chrysalis grabbed the clipboard with her magic and flipped through the pages, studying each one carefully. “How many times?” She asked intensely.

“How many times what?” He asked weakly.

Chrysalis broke the board in half and narrowed her eyes. “How many times did you test it?”

The changeling started shaking “T-t-t-three.” The drone said meekly.

“Only three?!” Chrysalis threw the board pieces back at him, knocking him in the face. “Do it again!” She yelled.

“Ow!” The drone yelped as he rubbed his head. “My Queen...w-w-we're just doing a job.”

Chrysalis growled and picked up the changeling by his throat. “You don’t understand child, this is a very important task, and I must know if it this worked. Because if it...didn’t…then...d-d-did I...hit you?” Chrysalis frowned and looked into the bugs blue eyes in sympathy.

“My Queen?” The changeling continued to shake in fear, he had never seen the queen act so evil, except for the invasion of course, but never to her own subjects. She had been acting like this for quite some time now, it was only for a few weeks after the invasion failed, and she didn't want a single changeling in her quarters, but after a couple days, she was practically begging hatchlings to sleep with her for some nights, never really explaining why.

It wasn’t until a few days ago when she made more eggs that she told the others of a new plan that was coming, one that would work. This drone just hated how he had to go to her room and tell her the news that this plan was starting to backfire. He was just another caretaker, if only he chose rock instead of paper. “Um, well Queen you-”

Chrysalis pulled him in for a hug. “Please forgive me, little one. It’s just that, this would be the fifteenth time that a plan has backfired. I don’t want it to happen again!” She sniffed a bit of tears as the changeling struggled to get out of the death grip his mother was giving him. “Please tell me the egg didn’t mutate or something that could’ve caused this.”

“I-If you’re so c-concerned...neh…then why don’t you...gu...go have a look for yourself.” The changeling pointed down the hall while trying to breath through Chrysalis’ hug.

Chrysalis dropped the changeling and stared off into space. “You’re right, I must see this with my own eyes. Come along little one, let’s see if my nights with that idiot payed off.”

The changeling caught a breath and stood up. “Nights with who?” He asked stupidly.

Chrysalis levitated him and continued walking. “You know who, the one who may have devastated our kind, but will now know that revenge is-”

“A dish best served cold?” The changeling finished with a smile, which went away as his queen glared at him.

“Something like that…” She responded coldly. “Anyway, he’ll know that trying to kill us will be the biggest mistake him, his wife, and especially his sister have ever made in their lives! I swear it!” Chrysalis stopped and looked at her subject with fire in her eyes.

The changelings gulped and pointed behind him. “Um...we-we’re at the nest now…”

Chrysalis looked behind him and smiled. “Very good.” She dropped the drone and walked over him.

She took a big breath and looked around, the entire room was filled to the brim with changelings, almost each one was being cared for, except for the hoof full of caretakers, the only ones who were capable of healing their fellow brothers and sisters, but Chrysalis was more worried about the nest (or nursery, as the ponies would call it.)

Some of the caretakers took notice to the queen’s presence and stood in attention. “Queen!” One of them said. “I see that Tim has told you about the news?”

Chrysalis glanced behind her to see the changeling at the entrance panting heavily. “Yes he has...But I must see if this is true.”

The changeling raised an eye. “But he gave you the test sco-”

“She doesn’t want those Steve.” Tim walked beside his queen and continued to pant. “She wants to see it with her own eyes.”

Steve and the other changelings looked up at their queen, her expression was the most serious they had ever seen before. “Very well,” Steve said, with slight fear in his voice. “I-if you could come this way, my queen.” He extended his bandaged arm toward the entrance to the nest. (he’d extend his other arm, but it was currently casted.)

The entrance was draped with a worn fabric, since not very many changelings saw hatching as a ‘beautiful sight’ to them and would rather stay in bed and rest their wounds away then look at the nest. The queen levitated the drape out of the way and walked in, grinding her teeth in anger. “If this is some sick joke children…” She whispered.

The other changelings quivered in fear as they followed her into the nest. They gazed at the sight, the whole room was lined with cocoons, each one carefully made by egg hatchers. (The ones who see the process happen and make sure it goes successfully.) All of them were on the ground, but the cocoon on the very far right was the one every changeling was at.

Chrysalis slowly walked toward it. The caretakers looked at each other and started thinking that she would barrel through the crowd in order for her to see.

“Move…” She said darkly, making the crowd turn around, gasp, and quickly dispersed from the cocoon. She stopped mid way and looked over at the caretakers. “Are. You. Sure.” She said.

The caretakers quickly huddled. Chrysalis could only guess they were trying to figure out who should tell her. She crossed her hooves and sighed. “Just tell me, I won’t be mad.”

The hatchers that were around the cocoon quickly went toward the others eggs while the caretakers pushed Tim out of the group. He looked at them in anger. “Why did you pick rock?!” The others just pointed behind him, making Tim do the same.

The queen facehoofed. “Is it true…” She said.

“I-I-is what true.” Tim knew the answer, he just didn’t want to say it, he wanted to stall this for as long as possible.

The queen stomped her hoof down in frustration and turned around. “Can’t I get an answer out of anyling today?!”

Tim ran back to the group and hid behind them. “Next time, you’re doing it Carl.” He whispered.

“Why me?” He said, getting no response from the others. He groaned and crossed his hooves. “Man...I hate this hive.”

Chrysalis glared at her subjects and said, “Leave.” In the darkest tone of voice possible, making every caretaker and hatcher in the room do as she said within two seconds. Chrysalis sighed and put her hooves on the edge of the cocoon.

She wanted to look in it, to see if it was a lie, to see if it was a mistake, to see if this was some prank by her children, but as her eyes gazed into the glowing green open sack, she knew it was true.

There, sleeping soundly, in a pile of shells that she could only guess were from an egg, laid an all white, blue haired, non horned or winged...pony.

Chrysalis dropped her jaw and reeled her head back in horror. “No…” She whispered. “T-that didn’t happen…” She clung to her chest and looked away. “That did..not...happen.” She turned around and looked at it again.

It was still there, and it had no transparent wings, or a jagged horn, or even holes in its hooves, even it’s tail looked like...like...HIM!

“Shining...That...that...that…” Chrysalis turned away and growled. She was trying to think of what to call him, she knew what she was thinking about, that pony, that very pony, whose DNA had made it so she couldn’t bear an all powerful hybrid, the pony that finally answered her prayers to finally help her children, only for him to take it away, that pony who she...actually had sex with. Granted, he was just a mind controlled zombie at the time and just laid there and took it, but that still didn’t make it right in her eyes. “That….MONSTER!” She yelled.

Then she heard it, she knew she did, ears don’t twitch without a reason. Maybe it’s just the wind, or another sound outside of the nest, but no, it was a small yawn from that...that abomination. She turned around and looked at the cocoon again, only for her eyes to start tearing up. “No…” She cried. “Not your eyes too…”