• Published 10th Apr 2012
  • 504 Views, 7 Comments

Solarstar and Twilight - MoonChill



Solarstar, a unicorn that helped Princess Celestia and Luna get magic, meets Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
6
 7
 504

Chapter 4

Chapter 4-
Twilight sighed and looked at Rainbow Dash and Spike. "Well you guys don't hate me right?" asked Twilight. Spike shook his head.

"Nah, I don't think I could ever hate you Twilight." then Spike thought about it for a little bit. "Well actually unless you shaved my head in the night or took away my secret box but... I mean! I would never hate you Twilight. Heh heh." Spike laughed nervously. Twilight blinked in obscurity.
Twilight shook her head. "Well, ok then. They'll come around. I'm sure that they'll understand later. This is important and I'm sure that they haven't told everypony when they leave town right?" said Twilight.

Rainbow Dash grinned cheekily. "Ssssuuuurrrreee Twilight." Rainbow said giving another smile to cover up the truth. Spike lowered his brow and gave a face of annoyance.

"Ok, well can we worry about this when we get back? We really need to get going!" Spike said breaking the uncanny moment. Rainbow Dash flew into the air and then came back down slowly.

"Are you guys comin or what?" asked Rainbow Dash trying to urge them to get going. Twilight sighed and then smiled.

"I'm ready!" Twilight pulled out a map that was tucked away in her bag. "Ok, it looks like the first course of action would be to... Ride the train to the castle." Rainbow Dash stopped flying.

"What?! We're taking some silly train when we could fly there?! Now THAT'S just wrong." she shook her head.

"Well too bad plus, you're the only pony who can fly in this group!" said Spike. Rainbow Dash signed. "Fine. We'll take the pretty, pony train."

Twilight smiled and rolled her eyes. "Ok then! Off to the station!"

After a long trot (or flight) to the station, Spike cracked his back. He had been riding on Twilight's back the entire trip and now he was getting sleepy. Twilight rubbed his head as they boarded the train.

"Don't worry Spike, you can sleep on the way there." said Twilight as he curled up against her and began to snore. Rainbow Dash watched the outside through the window.

"So are you excited Rainbow Dash?" asked Twilight smiling at her. She lifted an eyebrow and then returned her gaze out the window.

"Yeah, I guess it's not everyday a pony gets to go to Canterlot." she slowly blinked and then her eyelids followed. Rainbow Dash was now asleep against the window, steering her face on it.

Twilight giggled and tried to cover it up. She looked from side to side looking for other ponies. Twilight caught Vinyl Scratch and Moon Chill playing a game and trying not to wake the sleeping ponies in the train car.

"Psst!" called Twilight. Moon Chill and Vinyl Scratch turned around along with Seafoam who was beside them. "Oh! Sorry to interrupt but do you mind if I join you? My friends fell asleep." said Twilight trying to look as friendly as possible.

Vinyl Scratch nodded her head. "Who would have thought that there could be this many unicorns traveling to Canterlot at one time?" asked Seafoam, which made the entire car fill with laughter. Rainbow Dash nodded back off to sleep after being awakened by the laughter.

"Hmmm, I guess we should be more quiet huh." asked Twilight; all four of the ponies agreed.

"So what are you ponies going to Canterlot for?" asked Twilight.

Vinyl Scratch tilted down her shades, exposing her red eyes. She then looked at Moon Chill. Moon Chill smiled nervously.

"Well, I am helping Seafoam put on a dolphin show. Vinyl Scratch is in charge of the music for the show." Vinyl Scratch nodded and smiled, Seafoam smiled too. "After that though, I was asked on personal business to visit Princess Luna later." explained Moon Chill. Twilight blinked trying to register the business but could not find a reason for her to be going, but thought that she shouldn't ask questions.

"Hey Twilight, you should come to the dolphin show! It would be great! Princess Celestia is going to be there. She's making a guest appearance." said Seafoam.
Hmm, I haven't got the time. Thought Twilight.

"I'll try to make it, but I also have some business to attend to while I'm here." said Twilight, then something hit Twilight.

"Wait, Moon Chill! Did you say that you were visiting Princess Luna here?" asked Twilight, wide eyed. Moon Chill lifted a brow, as always, she was very suspicious and observational. After a moment she smiled and answered.

"Yes, I did." Twilight thought for a moment.
Perhaps she knows her way to the castle! Now it has to exist! Or maybe Princess Luna is just at the Royal Castle. Hmmm, I need more time! Thought Twilight, mashing every possibility that she could think of together into one giant plan.
Twilight played it cool and tried to seem as though she wasn't interested.
"Oh, so I guess you are meeting her at the Royal Castle, huh?" asked Twilight. Moon Chill had a tilted smile.

Twilight had remembered that Moon Chill came to Ponyville awhile back, but had an unknown background. Some had said that she came from Princess Luna's castle itself, but that was an old mare'stale.

Think, Twilight think! She can see right through you!
Moon Chill had also been known to have a job that dealt with Canterlot often but came on business only back there. She studied the mind, stars, moon, planets, ponies, and occasionally the sea, which is very far off. Magic was her main study though, just as Twilight's was.

"That is classified, I'm sorry Twilight." said Moon Chill, secretively. Twilight shook it off and smiled. Seafoam had dozed off, and Vinyl Scratch had put her head headphones on and jammed out to some music. Moon Chill blinked and then joined in on sweet sleep. Twilight moved back over to Rainbow Dash and Spike.

"Goodnight everypony." she said, but her mind was still set on finding out what Moon Chill was hiding that was so classified. Twilight had a very sleepless night on the train.

Comments ( 2 )

cant wait for the next chapter

552317 lol thanks. It's going to take me awhile just because of final exams and school. :ajsleepy:

Login or register to comment