• Published 6th Jul 2014
  • 597 Views, 8 Comments

Intangible - DtdFIMBrony



This story is mostly about Dash and events that are playing out with an evil villian with an unknown official name. He is the only colt with Alicorn like powers, mind you this is one of my own ideas, so I advise not taking it too seriously.

  • ...
4
 8
 597

Never again.

Dash began to panic, she was sure that there was no way this could happen, Luna for sure would not allow it, but what could be so powerful to overcome the power that Dash did not completely comprehend about Luna, Dash did not know, but the feeling that washed over her was not of fear, or sorrow, but pure hatred. Dash wanted revenge, she wanted to destroy the one responsible for this devastation, for the loss of her home among friends. She started to sink down toward the trees, thinking hard about her hatred, so hard that it was slowly consuming her. She was being enveloped in a haze that she did not understand, but didn't care to either, it was quickly becoming her home, her comfort, and her life. It made her want to hate everything, including herself. Dash looked up again, but what she saw was not that of a devastation, but a reformation, the buildings were no longer on fire, and were instead replaced altogether with new ones. A crystal tree castle stood in the middle.

Seeing this drove a curiosity into her heart, such a great curiosity that she was no longer angry, she could not even remember why she was angry before, just that she was. Dash flew over the new city, and, to her surprise, the new buildings were all made of the same tree that the castle was, but these appeared to be the roots, not new trees altogether. Dash looked around a bit and saw a Magnificent blue spire grown from the ground, it twisted and turned for about 400 hoof lengths (about 100 feet) in the air and sprayed out like a vine flowering off of a pole making a whole new home, it was obviously for Dash, because it almost perfectly matched what her cloud home looked like, just, a bit more, well. plant-like, than before. The nectar from the roots of the tree was similar to that of rainbows, however, it had a soothing fruit smell to it, and to Dash's surprise, it tasted like fruit as well, different flavors per color.

Dash continued to explore her new home with growing curiosity, eventually even wanting to know what was between the seams in the growth itself. The sudden curiosity made Dash curious as to where it came from, so she was looking around for possible reasons, completely forgetting to check what she brought with her. Dash did not find anything to be a cause, and, setting down the heart which she was carrying this whole time, she feel a sudden need to pick it back up, it was like a strong desire to hold it forever, and without even thinking about it, she picked the orb back up and went to talk to Twilight. She left her home and started to fly to the castle tree, wanting to tell Twilight about how awesome the new house was and was suddenly no longer curious about anything, it seemed like all emotions had stopped.

Opening the door to the castle, Dash looked around, passively inspecting the marvels of the castle's interior, but not paying hardly any attention to it, feeling a small twinge of jealousy, wondering why Twilight lived somewhere so special and she couldn't. Opening the double doors at the end of the main hall Dash could see a large meeting room, with thrones placed all around an open center area. She saw the thrones each had a cutie mark on them, she saw hers, Aj's, Twilight's, Fluttershy's, Rarity's, and even Pinkie Pie's. Dash did not know what this was about, she was still thinking Twilight was lucky, and started to feel jealous of her.

A strong sense of jealousy was filling Dash, she even began to spurn Twilight for everything she had. 'Not only was she a princess, but she became an Alicorn, got an awesome castle, and got to live in it alone!' Dash thought to herself, forcing herself to feel more agitation to Twilight. She was looking for reasons to have a jealous hatred for Twilight, to make Twilight look like the show off that Dash never got to be. These thoughts caused Dash to become not only jealous, but the old hatred that she had forgotten became directed toward Twilight, making her hate twilight with such immensity that it started to tear at her very soul. She wanted to teach Twilight a lesson for being such a big shot, and she wanted it to be done slowly.

It was at that moment that she heard hoof steps behind her, and Twilight's voice said, "Hello there Rainbow Dash, come here to grovel at my hooves?" There was a slight growl in her voice at the end in which made Dash feel more angry. "Did you come here to try to belittle me, tiny Rainbow, to try and, however pointless it may be, dethrone me?" Twilight said, slightly giggling psychotically. "Well, you will have to try pretty hard to get out of here." Pausing for a second to lift Dash with her magic, flinging her against the far wall and pinning her there, she slowly walked over while laughing maniacally, then, standing mere inches from Dash's face, she finished the statement. "Alive."

Twilight's horn glowed with another layer of magic, this one quite a bit darker than the initial glowing, then she paused, "On second thought," She started to say, releasing Dash, and continued, "I'll give you a fighting chance." Dash then thrust herself at Twilight with all her might, swinging her hooves wildly trying to land a blow on Twilight, but none of them seemed to be able to make contact, not even the ones that seemed impossible to dodge, those somehow didn't make contact either, but Dash didn't think about it, her mind was filled with a haze of hatred. Twilight laughed, "Don't you realize, you are the one who must submit to the darkness." She started to say, then spun around at an incomprehensible speed, landing a rear hoof in Dash's gut, who tried to dodge by rearing up. "You don't know it yet, but I have already won your soul, nothing can sa--"

"You have been deceived, Rainbow Dash, and have been tricked by the evil of the Heart, it nearly consumed you." Dash heard from a voice as the whole scene turned white. "Now you must return to my sister, for she knows what to do." She heard the voice say, realizing it was Celestia speaking to her. "Never again will I allow for one to become destroyed by the evil of the Everfree Heart, go now, take it to Luna, and she will destroy it." Celestia finished saying to Dash before she realized that she was standing in the middle of an empty room with only the heart on a pedestal in the center. Realizing she was forced to see all of that by the heart, she decided to carefully take the heart wrapped in a random cloth from the castle, and carry it to Luna, who in which had long since received the notice from Celestia.

"This was not how it was supposed to happen." Said Luna as she cast a spell with such radiance from her horn that even the sight of it made Dash feel like she was being cleansed. "Look away young one." Said Luna, "This could destroy even those who are pure of heart." So Dash looked away and waited for the spell to finish. Once it did, she looked back only to see the orb was, instead of being a flowing vortex of energy, was now a pure white radiant relic. Luna had a surprised look on her face, so Dash assumed this was not supposed to happen. "I thought it was beyond saving, that it was too corrupted to be pure again. The light was supposed to destroy it but instead, it made it pure again." Luna looked at Dash, smiled, and said, "We are quite fortunate today young one, it looks like the nightmares will soon stop, forever."