• Published 6th Jul 2014
  • 597 Views, 8 Comments

Intangible - DtdFIMBrony



This story is mostly about Dash and events that are playing out with an evil villian with an unknown official name. He is the only colt with Alicorn like powers, mind you this is one of my own ideas, so I advise not taking it too seriously.

  • ...
4
 8
 597

Things get interesting.

Morning came, and with it an unsettling displacement, almost like Dash wasn't awake at all, but she knew she was, somehow. Going to her balcony, she looked out over Ponyville. It looked peaceful enough to the eye, but it seemed to also have a haze over it, a cold, grimy haze that could not be directly felt, almost like sitting in water so long, that it cant be felt around you anymore, but you know it is there. This is what it felt like to Dash, and she did not like it. Looking for her saddlebag, she realized it was left at Twilight's place the last time she was there. "I haven't visited her in a while, I wonder..." She started to say, but then her mind regained its focus and she remembered what she saw, though she thought for sure it wasn't what it looked like, she still couldn't help but feel jealous.

Having these feelings made Dash confused, "No, I know Twilight, and she would never..." Dash gulped, "At least I hope not." she finished, lying down again, she started to feel like she was being left behind, and that was when she heard it.

"You are being forgotten by the very pony you love so dearly, she is going off to be alone with the other one, yet you cant do anything about it." The voice whispered with a sharpness that made Dash shiver. The voice started to make itself project from an area in the room, which happened to have a shadowy form appearing, and it spoke this time, but with a more clear voice. "You know you want to embrace her, you want to keep her to yourself, but that cannot happen now, and you know it. She is long gone," The figure continued, "but why fret? Why fear that in which is already passed?"

Dash, with disbelief, tried to ignore the figure, but she could feel its words gripping at her heart like icy cold claws. She was unable to speak, though she wanted to yell at it to stop, she wanted to scream for Twilight to save her, anypony, but she was unable to, she was afraid that it would put her in danger as well.

"Go, on, yell her name, tell me the name of your lover, so that I may unleash my rage upon her, so that I may make her scream like you so desperately want to scream. But she would not call for you, she would call for the other. Over and over, she would scream her name." Dash started to see images of Twilight being tortured, and just the sight made Dash want to scream out her name. Suddenly, all the pain she felt, all the fear, passed, and she was sitting alone on her bed. She looked out her window, and realized she had fallen asleep, how she did she did not know, but she slept clear through to night, and somehow she knew she was being watched, almost like there was somepony else in the room with her. She checked around her room a few times before she went to Princess Luna.

After she told Luna of her dream, Luna then decided it was far worse than she ever imagined. Dash saw a fear in Luna's eyes that made her even more unsure. "Princess, what do I do? I cant just act like nothing happened, not after what I saw." Dash said, lowering her head.

Luna lifted Dash's head, "Patience young one, you and your friends have a large task ahead of you, just as long as you know that any nightmare you may have, is likely a lie, and you should not pay too much attention to what they tell you, however, I do want to know if something happens to give indication of a return, so please, inform me of anything that happens." she said with a sincere look within her eyes, but there was also a small bit of uncertainty and fear within them too, and that made Dash nervous, but she trusted the Princess in her judgement.

Dash sat by the Princess for a couple hours, just striking up small talk here and there, which made dash feel a little better, seems how she was able to talk to somepony. The haze was still fallen upon the land, in which made her a little jumpy, and there seemed to be constant whispers coming from the tomb that was buried beneath Ponyville, at least according to Luna there was a tomb, but Dash did not want any details on it. For all she knew, it could contain the souls of all the most evil ponies in existence, so naturally, she did not want to wake them up too.

After what felt like ages of constant chatter, and the nerve wracking whispers, the sun started to rise and the moon fall, though it fell much slower than usual, this made Dash worry, was Luna really that exhausted from this work? "Worry not young mare, I will be fine," Luna said, "I am simply tired from constant surveillance, for you see, an Alicorn still needs to sleep, even if we are thousands of years old, we can be deprived of sleep, and though it may take longer than anypony else, we aren't immune to the effects of time on the body." she finished, smiling down at Dash. After a few more minutes passed, Luna looked around, taking in her surroundings, and finally said, "I however could use some assistance, if you would be willing to help." She said, which Dash jumped up to.

"I would be honored to help Princess!" Dash said, trying to keep her cool.

"Wonderful, can I get you to bring me a rain cloud, and a pool?" Luna asked. This request confused Dash, but she agreed to it nevertheless, wondering what Luna could want with a pool and a rain cloud, Dash got the requested items. Bringing them back to Luna, she paused, and looked around. "Ah, you have already returned, good, can I now get you to empty that into the pool?" Luna then asked. Dash complied, and was amazed at what she saw Luna doing afterword.

Luna's horn began to glow a stunningly beautiful shade of purple and blue, and the water within the pool began to shimmer. The water then turned a wonderful shade of red, then a darker shade, and it kept getting darker until it finally turned black, but still shimmering, it started to change again, this time to a bright blue color, almost like ice, and it began to lift into the air. Dash fell down at the amazing sight before her eyes, It was glimmering brightly within the morning sunlight, radiating the area in happiness, and calmness.

"This is what is known as liquid dreams, it is how My sister and I are able to remain awake for many days on end, and not show a glimmer of fatigue, for you see, this liquid renews the body, filling it with energy, and in turn, heightening your senses, making you more aware of what is going on around you, even the magic that is happening within that area, but the only way it can be finished, is if a Pegasus brings the water from a cloud, and a Unicorn touches it with a pure magic, and other than the guards that have returned to the castle, there is only one in Ponyville that can accommodate it, right now she does not have the means to complete the task however, the real task I need of you, is to go to the ruins in the Everfree Forest, and acquire the heart of the castle. It should be in the center corridor, there will be a passageway, and you must bring me this heart, otherwise it cannot be done." Luna finished, Dash still stunned at what she was seeing realized what was said, and instantly became confused.

"Can't Twilight do that?" Dash asked.

"Not anymore, as you see, another Alicorn would not be able to do the needed, I need a Unicorn's magic, or in this case, an earth pony will be giving the magic, and that is why I need the heart." Luna said, trying not to confuse Dash, who seemed not to be comprehending what she was meaning. But without any questions, Dash bolted into the forest, unknowing of what she faced, not physically, but mentally.