• Published 6th Jul 2014
  • 596 Views, 8 Comments

Intangible - DtdFIMBrony



This story is mostly about Dash and events that are playing out with an evil villian with an unknown official name. He is the only colt with Alicorn like powers, mind you this is one of my own ideas, so I advise not taking it too seriously.

  • ...
4
 8
 596

The Gala! Part 1.

Dash did not know what to do about anything that had happened, she was confused, frustrated, and, dare she admit it, afraid. The last thing she wanted to do was to run into a prince of terror, or whatever he considers himself, but she knew that if he did return from wherever he was banished, she was far from prepared. Just then, she remembered that the Gala was tonight, and she wasn't practicing! "Oh no! The Gala is tonight, I have to go practice a little more!" she said, rushing out the window, obviously forgetting about the problem at hoof, and leaving Twilight there to be alone, again.

"That pony I swear, I love her to death, but she can be pretty self centered." she paused, looked through her things, and then went out the door, "I may as well check to see if everypony is getting ready for the Gala, don't want to be late now." She walked on toward Apple Orchard Acres, figuring she may as well start with AJ, but also wondering what Pinkie was doing, she started to go there. "I don't have a dress!" she yelled in a panic, and furiously ran off to Rarity to get a good dress. Looking up at the sky she saw Dash practicing as hard as she could, she wished she could be a good flier like Dash was, but it was going to be a while before that happened.

Dash was still doing spins, circles, and flips in the sky, but she did not feel like she was doing as well as she could, which she was depressed about, but she kept going. The only thing she wanted above all else, was recognition, not only by her friends, but by the Wonderbolts, and all of Equestria. She wanted to be the best flier known to ponykind, but at this rate, it might not happen, she was sure even Twilight could become a better flier, and she didn't want that, but at the same time, she did. Distracted on that thought, she forgot to hook her wing just right for this next turn, and went tumbling through the air. She was able to regain her composure, but not without feeling a grip of terror around her heart, almost like it was trying to take it right out of her, but what frightened her most, was that she could see where it came from. A claw like figure was scratching at her from the ground in one of the outermost fields. With this, she realized there was no time to wait, and bolted off to Canterlot herself.

The whole way there, it seemed like an icy chill was holding her heart in a rapid beat, but she did not know why she felt so afraid, nothing has ever frightened her this much. Was he back already? Dash was thinking furiously about what to tell the princesses. The closer she got to Canterlot the more composed she felt, it seemed like the seed of fear that was rooting around her heart was being withered away, but she could still feel a small trickle of terror, even when she managed to get to the outer gates. Approaching the first guards she was quite out of breath but managed to say, "Message... for... the.... princesses... urgent... Prince... of... Terror.... I need in... now." finally finishing still out of breath, but the guards stood there, almost unresponsive. She looked them in the eyes, but they seemed hollow, nothing in them. Now she knew for sure that something bad was happening. Quickly as possible, Dash made her way through the gate and flew toward the Royal chambers, she paused at the entrance, but these guards seemed unaffected.

"Halt, state your business." One said to Dash, this time she was not out of breath and was able to tell the guard that she needed to inform the princess of a peril sure to come by the hooves of the Prince of Terror himself. The guard tensed and raised his weapon, "You may pass, but please, do not stay for too long, the princesses are quite busy." the guard said, and Dash passed through, looking at all the corridors like she had never been here before, but she had, she just felt like she was being watched by the shadows themselves. Shaking the feeling off she continued to the Royal chamber of Princess Celestia, bowed to her, and waited for a response.

"You may rise my pupil," Princess Celestia said, "What brings you alone to my castle, is there something you needed, or some information you may need to pass on to me?" Pausing she saw a fear within Dash that was never there before, as her eyes scanned the room, not for interest, but in terror, she knew instantly what it was about. "It would seem that we have a new problem about to occur. Very well, I will inform some of my guards and some of the Unicorn ponies I have to go down there and do their best to secure his, burial, site." She looked at Dash, and, without blinking, cast a cleansing spell on her. Dash instantly felt better, like all traces of fear were washed away.

"Thank you Princess, I will return now." Dash started to say, then realized she was already, mostly, prepared for the Gala as it is, "On second thought, do you need any help setting up for the Gala?" Dash asked, noticing the princess nodding and handing her a list, she saw a lot of things that needed hung in higher locations. "I'm on it!" Dash said, excited that she was able to help the princess do something so important. She zipped out of the room and started on her task immediately. New excitement rose in her heart, the idea of such on honor would make Twilight so proud, she thought to herself, and started to hum a random melody, then realizing that she was humming, stopped immediately. A few minutes went past, and she couldn't hold it back, and started humming again, tonight was going to be the best night ever, and she was not going to let anything get in the way of that.