• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 291 Views, 0 Comments

The Lunar-Winged Caballus's - LunicStream1105



On a sudden plight to wonder what the night hides behind pony eyes without taking a second look, four friends in the town of Altamare find out just what may be hiding.

  • ...
 0
 291

Chapter 6

Part 1


Picket noticed JetStream drunkenly stumbling in the backyard. She gasped and jumped into the air, taking her second leap on the concrete fence. She landed to JetStream's immediate left, causing him to jump, "Agh!" caused him to fall over again.

"I sensed a disturbance in power, so I decided to check up... this late..." she noticed the continuous purple particles emitting from him, and covered her mouth. "... And apparently you were the cause of it..." shocked, she seemed more sympathetic than worried.

"Still too weak to walk long enough..." JetStream stated as he looked up to his right lying down on his left side.

"What did you to for this to come over you?" she wondered peering over him, she would keep looking back towards the house for some reason as well. JetStream paused, and let his heat hit the grass.

"Me and Phamevem-" Picket didn't even let him finish.

"No, were you two...?" she stopped herself before she could've suggested. Despite his struggle in it, he nodded.

"It seems, he wanted the lunar energy that I've been cursed with..." She sighed. And let a hoof towards JetStream, implying him to climb up the best he can. He stood up, but he walked like he had a limp.

"It seems like his fervor is increasing by the very mention of his name..." she suggested. JetStream looked around as Picket was the one to be walking him in.

"Thanks for walking me in..." she paused, and smiled.

"Honestly, that scene would've made me look guilty..." it was weird talking to her with her coat on for the day bright, as if it felt night actually lasted longer than day where they were at, "Hold yourself up with the table." she suggested as she pulled the chair out from it with JetStream plopping onto the chair seconds later.

"Thanks, Picket..." he thanked just as Myriad walked in.

"JetStream...?" he wondered. He laughed half-heartedly.

"Good morning, Dad..." he waved.

'Atleast you can raise your limbs...' Picket thought as she stood there wearing her shaded brown coat. JetStream looked at Picket and smiled, so she decided to take hoodie off, she understood she was in-doors.

"It's you again." Myriad said.

"Yes-" she responded, "I... I've missed a lot, moments ago." she gave a sympathetic look towards JetStream.

"What do you mean?" Myriad asked.

'This is going to be hard to explain, what would he think if I said I was fighting another pony? I don't do that... I...' JetStream clearly remembered he struck first, it was Phamevem's teasing that got him off, '... I did get in a fight...' "I..." JetStream noticed Picket's look, sympathy to a "you-know-you-did-it" JetStream paused, "I fought another... "pony" not too while ago." JetStream saw his father's expression, "But that's not the whole thing! There's actually tons more happening then that." he confessed. Suddenly Picket looked surprise.

"Well other things happening aren't that bad either, JetStream..."

"The only reason I'm like this is because I got in a conflict with some shadow of a pony..." JetStream hoped that made sense, "... And I'm lucky Picket was there to bring me back inside." Picket didn't respond. The warm summer glow of the sun filtered through the windows as silence began to spread. She kept a blank expression with a soft-kick-of-the-dirt gesture, either that or a stoic smile.

"Don't worry, Ms. Picket-" Myriad spoke up, "I'm sure it's a completely different level..." she looked at him in shock.

'I... never been called that before...' after a second or two, Myriad looked around for anything to break her glaring vision. He admitted internally that her eyes frightened him a bit, kept him on his hooves were he wouldn't feel completely comfortable, and even for a second, he thought how JetStream could withstand it.

"Isn't this the only reason you're here, Picket?" JetStream asked as he turned around on the chair he sat in.

"What?"

"You're here only because you brought me in, right?" JetStream responded.

"True... but I must address the storm that is going to be flying over this town."

"Hmm-" a distant voice came around the corner, "No wonder it went from eighty degrees to the low seventies in a period of twelve hours." Corolla said, and without looking at the expressions, she added, "We may not control the weather down here, but it's an option to watch for safety."

"And I have to admit-" Picket said, "There was a good red tone in the sunrise today..." as if she was recalling.

"Does a red sunrise mean anything?" JetStream asked.

"There's a probability for a decent amount of rain some time in the near future." she answered. JetStream suddenly perked up from his rested position towards his bedroom, as Picket looked towards the front of Myriad and Corolla's home.

"Somepony's calling to me..." Picket said.

"I just saw the ring glow..." JetStream said looking toward Picket.

"Excuse me-" she turned and walked toward the door, "-but I need to get to something." she said. Her tone no longer sounded bouncy and worryless.

"P-Picket!" JetStream exclaimed, "I want to come along!" he darted for his room to grab his ring. She stopped, paused at the front of the door, haven't even touched the door with a single hoof. As JetStream almost rammed her plot, he stopped, backed up. And wondered why she was so quiet, "The, promise... for us both to understa-" he was cutoff by Picket.

"As awakening this alert is..." she sighed and finally raised it again, "... come along." Excited hoofsteps went about around the door, she opened the door.

"We'll be back soon." Picket promised through her brown coat.

"Bye, guys." JetStream had a short farewell. He closed the door behind him with the ring on his right forearm. With the final click of the closed door they were on their way to meet up with a pony, as Picket assumed. How this effect JetStream, she hopes the least, because things can get very serious in the bright land of theirs she thought looking at him bounce through her shady hat. Honestly there would've been times she'd be so tempted to just walk in the sun, unprotected as they say, "..." Picket noticed his bouncing suddenly stopped, her expression showed curiousity, "... Picket, you know I'd never force the promise to do something like this, would you?" the question he wanted to ask ever since they just started their little walk to whatever awaited her.

"..." she paused looking toward the blue sky, "It's ambiguous, but it never hurts to keep something you know you already have." 'But it may depend on how bad it hurts the other...' she sighed, '... for your safety, JetStream...'


Part 2


"... Do you know who called you? How did he, or her, call you?" JetStream asked as the morning sun rose higher and higher. Picket rolled her eyes.

"Don't really know until you see, or if you have some higher sense." her head rose, "Like you and your Aura, JetStream." he looked at her, "I suppose..." she added with a nerved expression.

"Cool." JetStream responded. He suddenly covered his eyes, as a glare came from above them. JetStream looked up to notice it was only the bell reflecting light.

"Light can travel far, travel the fastest of anything we ever see. But yet it even can fall to something." she paused as JetStream looked at her, a bit curious, "An object, found to be, literally, out of this world as been seen to be so powerful that not even light can escape. Something so dense it will turn gravity inside-out. And could crush and destroy any star or planet that comes too close to it."

"I've heard of a planet before, they look just like ours, but very far away... but stars, that's a new one for me..." JetStream said.

"Stars are those bright points that are dotted throughout the sky at night. They look alot like the sun Celestia controls." Picket stopped JetStream from looking directly at the sun.

"How do you know so much about this?" he asked afterward.

"It was in a class I took..." she responded.

"Class?" JetStream wondered what classes. Suddenly, a deep voice struck them like lightning.

"It's about time I see your face again, Picket Prosechos." they both realized they already hit the plaza.

"Oh, sir. It's good to see you, as well."

"How's the scouting job going for you?" he asked getting a glimpse of the scenery. JetStream stared into his gleaming armor, or it seemed to be. It shined like metal somehow, JetStream wondered.

"It's keeping up..." Picket paused as JetStream out from behind Picket.

"But I need to note something..." he turned his head.

"Is it possibly the storm, that worried you?" he asked. He looked like some of those leaders that Picket could've been talking about. His coat was a dark green that almost looked blue, but his eyes made up for that. He wore a hankercheif or something like a collar. His mane and tail were a dark blue.

"Most likely..." JetStream decided to step out. Showing much brighter colors and regular elliptical shaped eyes. And his ring on his right forearm just bursts with curiousity. As the leader thought for a moment, he finally speaks moments later.

"Who's this young colt that followed you?" he put his right hoof on his chest, the leader noticed the ring slip down to his elbow.

"My name's JetStream, sir. I've actually known Picket for a while..." he suddenly looked amused.

"Is that so?" he wondered gazing toward Picket.

"When he said a while, he meant it... actually." practically he giggled internally, which he continued after it died.

"It's only been a couple weeks. If you insist a while is two weeks..." he just left it at that. JetStream noted all he had on was armor that may have been mandatory to wear, of course. Maybe that burn-against-the-sun's-rays scenario went different for him. JetStream jumped when he looked toward him.

"Something you need to ask?"

"No. Actually, I don't have anything yet." he shook his head in surprise.

"Yet?" JetStream subtly shrugged.

"That's more teasing than you did in the whole month." Picket said.

"Sure..." he added, then paused as if he adjusted to the approaching matter. They both turned to their left, JetStream behind them, and able to ponder what's going on around as the envirement became more a blue tint as it became closer to noon. The breeze felt a while ago was continously flowing, it's been clocked at three to five miles per hour, so it's not much now. JetStream pushed his ring up back, never noticing that it slipped down. It was glowing again. JetStream had a certain consentration that had your body feel like it was pratfalling. When that jolt would wake ,the Auric sense, like it would if you dreamed of falling, a wave that would sense Aurae around a certain area would come like an explosion. It can't be felt, but it can be seen, yet still so faint it takes a trained eye to see it more vividly.

'I've been taught, or told, about the insight of magic. Makes me think there is more than just Unicorn magic... the magic of insight is a raw form of it, and everypony has a sense of it. But they need to bring it out, stir it up a little.' An Aura planted on the ground had showed itself to him, "Come out, Phamevem!" the other two turned around, 'Then its perks will work in your favor.' The leader's expression showed shock, suddenly realizing this colt knows such a character. Although nerved, Picket decided to keep quiet around higher authority, but he turned to her anyway.

"Were you aware of him being in this town?"

"Actually-" JetStream inturupted.

"I live here, in Altamare."

"Picket, were you aware of Phamevem residing here?" JetStream's eyes opened in surprise.

'Oops.'

"No, not until some four days ago, sir."

"Is he giving you conflict, I would expect him to do such things-"

"We all would... sir." Picket replied instantly, followed by a pause.

"I'm sensing a bit of anger in that statement, might I have said too late?" Despite him asking these to Picket, she thought he should ask JetStream more. She often looked back to him as well.

"... Sorry to drop by suddenly, I couldn't help to hear my name."

'Obnoxious as always...' Picket thought.

'Oh...' JetStream was more worried than annoyed, 'How can Picket take him so seriously?' He walked up on Picket's right side. They were all standing in a triangle shape if you stared directly down. The Spire was just another 10 feet away. And it looked like the sun was just about to hit out of morning too. The leader paused and leaned, looking towards the ominous clouds.

"I am a bit curious, sir. How do we plan to evade the storm approaching?" she held eyes worried, a blank, flat mouth finishing her expression. JetStream was minding his buisness, aimlessly wondering the sky and clouds above, then when he looked toward the horizons, he noticed his friends what looked like were covering themselves to hide from behind a corner of a building near the edge of the plaza. He quickly snapped his eyes to the conversation, catching a sudden glimpse of Phamevem. He noticed, and all together JetStream decided to just look toward the blue lit concrete, sement, and stones that make their roads or pathways in this city. Phamevem rolled his eyes. JetStream looked at his friends again, only for them not to conceil themselves, but to gesture JetStream to come closer.

"...?" he raised an eyebrow in wonder. Since he thought he was out of the conversation for a while, he decided to go. Phamevem was curious as JetStream went, he hid his Aura which it faded. JetStream has noted that when his Aura was invisible, or gone, he felt incredibly lighter. He assumed it was the same guess as to why most ponies don't know you're there 'til you unveil yourself. JetStream was able to scatter across the plaza without puzzled looks from Picket or her leader. But since Phamevem saw this, he was curious to check it out. But under the eye of higher authority, he didn't want to budge their curiousity, and let foals do what foals do he'd assume. Audibly breathing through his snout, JetStream finally stopped to a walk.

"Glad to see you again." he said.

"What's going on over there, and who's the one in the armor?" Colos asked.

"Uh, The armored one is some sort of squad leader for Picket. That's all I have right now." Colas looked over Colos.

"Are they going over something secret?"

"Not at all...-" JetStreamn paused, and pointed with his right hoof towards the grey clouds, "There's a storm approaching, and a batpony's flight is going through here. So they're carefully studying on what it'll do." he explained.

"Up north in Equestria, the Pegasi would take care of the weather. Is there no Pegasi living here, is that why the weather's such worryful thing?" Twister wondered. Colos executed a fake cough, rustling both his wings.

"Well, it's not controlled at all." Colos replied.

"And it's expected to keep that way, for the purpose of this town itself." he gave Twister a twisted look, "-Not because there are no Pegasi living in Altamare."

"Right..." Twister said, and huffed, and then looked back up to Colos, "You'd think they'll lift that rule for this one storm?" he asked. JetStream shook his head.

"This town was known to survive considerably bad storms, from what I read. I'm sure that alone was good enough to convince them to not to." Twister raised his hoof.

"You think it'll be worth a shot to tell them otherwise?" he looked at the others surrounding him, they all shook their heads, and Colas spoke up.

"By now-" she said looking at those clouds approaching, "I don't think we'll have any ammunition..." the other three looked at eachother in mystery.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment