• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 290 Views, 0 Comments

The Lunar-Winged Caballus's - LunicStream1105



On a sudden plight to wonder what the night hides behind pony eyes without taking a second look, four friends in the town of Altamare find out just what may be hiding.

  • ...
 0
 290

Prologue

At the top of the tower, four ponies were taking in the landscape that surrounded them in full, the sunset shining back at them, and the bright city below that was known to be surrounded thanks to a connecting bridge to the main land. The wind was a bit harsh, but the elevation only counted toward that.

"Colas... do you wonder about the night?" Colos asked, his sister looked at him in the eyes.

"What do you mean, brother?" she asked. Colos stuttered a bit, never thinking he'd have to back it up.

"Well-" he continued nerved.

"Oh, brother..." Twister teased Colas' earlier statement. JetStream snickered.

"I do, for sure." Twister looked at JetStream.

"And what do you mean?" he redirected the question to him. His hooves were hanging over the raised edge of the Belfry they were standing in, they started to swing as JetStream wondered.

"They're mysterious being that we bet haven't even seen... and they might as well delve into the forest to see even one." JetStream responded as he turned back to Twister.

"I think of stuff that can barely happen, unlike what are already in Equestria... what if the sun and moon were in the same spot... er, or at least both in the sky?" JetStream groaned.

"Don't worry, I think about that too."

"So, Colas? What do you think of it?" she was struck with nervousness as they all watched intently for her answer.

"I, think it's nerve-wrecking..." she said as she watched the sun touch the horizon. Colos sighed.

"I guess I'll never get too much of you..." everypony went silent as the sun finally went under the visible landscape for the first second of night has come and gone. Twister just about spoke up, but JetStream saw something blink on the roof above.

"Did you guys see that?" he asked.

"See what?" Colos wondered.

"I just saw a red light blink up there..." JetStream sat himself on the edge to see if it was anything, there he got on his hind legs to peer over the roof to get a look.

"JetStream!" Twister jumped to the edge and looked over to see what he was intending to do.

"I saw a light, Twister! I must a get a look!" he shouted back down, only to look back up. That's when Twister noticed JetStream's ring on his upper arm.

"What's with that ring you're wearing, JetStream?"

"That's not important right no-." JetStream froze when his vision met with the object, "What are you?" they heard him say.

"What are you talking about?" they asked. JetStream was looking at a figure striking similar to a pony, yet the pony figure was transparent and a red color all the way through.

"Hello?" he tried to get it's attention, "This things eyes are closed, yet it looks a lot like a pony itself..." suddenly the eyelids of the figure opened, and revealed no iris or pupils, the figure was still entirely red. It didn't look like a hollo-gram either, it seemed to actually be clinging on to the white, cemented-filled roof. Everypony paused as it started to make noises, and then shocked everyone when it started to speak.

"A one with an all-around eye can see such a wry coming. If that pony can see it, the grit of many will come to challenge. After a fortnights pass, these rare ponies will come in mass."

"Who's speaking up ther-?" it suddenly made a hissing noise. And from it's defensive crouched position on all fours, it suddenly leaped into the air, showing wings JetStream's never seen before just before it disappeared right in front of the moon.

"...?" what was left was some sphere object that he couldn't get a good glimpse of it as the half moon was out. The object rolled its way down the roof, and rammed into JetStream nose.

"Agh!" and catching him by surprise, his grip slipped.

"JetStream!" Twister bent over the edge shouting as JetStream fell. The ponies around looked toward Altamare Spire and gasped. Even though JetStream was panicking for his life, he suddenly remember the bush he spotted on his look downward before he helped himself up.

'That bush can break my fall! But yet, not the whole thing is just leaves!' and with a sudden smack he hit the bush below, involving all the sounds of cracking from the bushes stems. JetStream looked to the right as his fur began to fade purple a bit, "... Oh no..." he slowly looked back to check on the sphere, and there it goes, falling down. As it did JetStream realized the sphere actually looked like some orb, it was turquoise colored and some designs on the inside. And from the looks of things, it was about to pummel the left of his stomach from where it'll land, he took one breath, '... JUST STOP IT!!!' he shouted just before it hit him. His heart still racing, he waited for the orb to hit him unconscious. "...?" he took a longer look around and noticed that he was getting light shined on him. Breathing at unsteady beat he looked at the orb and his eyes suddenly widened, "...!" from where everypony else was standing, the bush itself was glowing for no reason.

"Hurry! There's no time to be hanging around here, let's get down there!" Colas ordered, as she herself went down first.

"Right!" the others responded. One witness saw Twister back away from the edge, and gallop to the door there with an angry expression.

"Wait a moment..." he had a sprouting thought that the others might need to know, and that's what he intended to do.

"What did you do, Twister!?" Colos exclaimed.

"I only tried to see what he was doing, don't blame me for this!" he responded. The rhythmic beats of the three's hooves hitting on the wooden stairs didn't seem to help, as it did indeed feel like he was to blame.

Suddenly JetStream started to shift, hearing the leaves and stems sort of woke him up, "What's going on?" he asked as he noticed a couple glows forming around JetStream. The leaves just seemed to fly away on their own, as what it seemed to be. But instead, JetStream was lifted off from the bush as well, "What?"

"JetStream..."

'That voice...' he turned his head to realize Corolla was galloping her way here. JetStream turned back around and thought again, 'If she's already seen me like this, what do I do now?' the other glows around were citizens trying to help out, which Corolla thanked a bunch for. Suddenly the door to the Spire opened.

"JetStream?" Colas called, JetStream huffed.

"Of course she's the first one out..."

"Over here." one pony pointed out to a bush around the corner, the Spire's interior was circle, while the walls' exterior was a square. When Corolla had it, she set him down on the ground and embraced JetStream around his neck.

"I'm so glad you're all right!"

"Thanks, Mom..." he smiled and noticed the orb dimmed, and it dropped when she saw Corolla's expression.

"I take that back..." she saw the cut from the earlier fall. The ponies on the right of her could've seen it as well. She let go and took a closer look at it.

"It's nothing much..." Corolla looked at him.

"You must be joking, you have to get that fixed up JetStream..." she paused, "Doesn't that hurt?" the blood lines shined by the orange lights that surrounded the area.

"Actually-" Corolla grabbed JetStream's right hoof and forced him to come back home. As it seems JetStream's witness is the moon itself, as it still glows until it hides behinds the very building that is their home. The orb glowed it's brightest anyone has seen as the blood running from JetStream cut suddenly disappeared like the sun to water vapor. Corolla finally let go of his hoof when they were half-way there, and the Spire was visible once again. As their home is on a raised part of the city, it's a plentiful view if one looks close enough.

"... I know you look just fine, JetStream. But the Spire is around 65 feet tall, and you're saying that medium sized bush was there to take it all away?" JetStream was silent, but he shrugged.

"I do feel it, but it doesn't hurt, sting or anything..." he frowned trying to look at it, JetStream finally got a sense everything has calmed. JetStream looked back to the right, "My friends were back there as well..." Corolla's eyes shined by the moon's light as she looked to JetStream.

"Were they the ones coming from the door earlier?" he nodded.

"Yes." Corolla looked ahead of them.

"Are they okay?"

"I'm perfectly sure they are." he sighed.

"Listen, JetStream, you and your friends are not in any trouble."

"I figured they weren't, but there were ponies roaming around when I fell. I'm just hoping they didn't get blamed for happened..." he looked a bit worried, "And to be honest... they just might be-" JetStream was about to speak up.

"Up, up, up-" she said as if it was some admonitory gesture, "But it's something we can set out later."

"Alright..."

"Hey!" a pony raised his voice. All three looked at him, "What were you three doing up there when that one fell?" all of there expressions burst with life, especially Twister, who felt like he could go hide right then.

"We were looking out in the Spire..." Colos pointed to the 55 foot high ground.

"You were, huh?" the pony replied.

"Of course, we're just up there!" Colas exclaimed, that surprised both Twister and Colos.


When it hits night at Altamare, the main colors you'll see are lonely-looking blues and oranges, and some shining white partly from the moon over-head. This town is never as small as you think, as ponies would. The small, thin alleys that detour around the buildings, but while the main paths are wider than any alley, there were also filled with tons more natural light, as where the alleys are scattered with orange lamps. That's where JetStream built this interest into a blue and orange tints, they seem to make a good mix in the arts as well as JetStream has seen before, but it's still only the stuff he passes. This blue and orange phenomenon was something JetStream kept in mind. The orange was the main light source, while the blue could've been the shading behind it, is what he thought as he looked at the moon. The orange...

'The orange represents that courageous side of you, it's adventurous, stubborn to know what's well... it's rather creative... and the blue. It would obviously add some trouble, with important self matters... but at the same time it's the calm, and collective part of you... the one that's sensitive, the one that tells you to turn your cheek, depending on the pony's personality I think... blue and orange. Kind of like the sun and moon too. Sun has a great strength, it helps aid your vision, and look in your darkest places. But soon to all burn out for a moments notice, that's when the moon comes in, let's the sun take a break... although it may still need to be helped, as the younger is still inexperienced. The moon will still be glad to help others even though it's not well known... now. I'm probably thinking over this at a wrong time, but it helps one to wonder... I suppose. I only need to think on mysterious things, yet I hope I'm not the only one.' that's when JetStream remembered the earlier conversation, 'I can't be... we often to nearly all the time. Because with all the topics in world, combined with everypony thinking mysteriously, it's an odd chance to run into the same thing, but all in all is an equal ratio, and I suppose it's the best thing you're looking for if you do find the same interest...' JetStream sighed as their house was just behind another, "I'm no love doctor though..." Corolla turned around.

"What was that, JetStream?" his straight face broke into a sheepish smile.

"It's nothing..." he smiled. Corolla opened the door, 'Whether or not I make progress, it tends to help either way...' Myriad appeared from around the corner of the hallway.

"Hey, buddy." he smiled.

'With all that's happened so far, it's only another reason to be wary in this big world we live in, and you'll be glad to figure there are a web of ponies who'll support you, and not just me...' he smiled back at Myriad.


"What happened here?" Myriad asked. JetStream was silent as he looked to Corolla.

"No, I need you to, JetStream." JetStream willed himself to stop rolling his eyes.

"I fell..." he raised his head for him to continue, "... from the Spire."

"What? What could've possibly urged you to do that!?" Corolla shushed him, the building a lot closer than those in Ponyville and Canterlot. He flinched and continued to look at his son until he received an answer, the flames from the oil lamps were flickering their light.

"There was this circle looking thing that was on the roof-"

"-It didn't slip off? The roof is sloped." Myriad interrupted as he looked at Corolla.

"Actually it did afterward, I looked up there because I saw something glowing red..." Myriad gasped.

"Glowing red? You never check something out that's glowing, and it's red. That's a double whammy!" JetStream and Corolla gave him an unamused expression.

"It started to roll off when I checked on it, my friends were with me too. It hit me and I fell after that... and only a bush broke my fall." Myriad smiled.

"Don't be downed by that, JetStream. It's a surprising story. And you're rather a lucky one for that bush to be there." that's when JetStream jumped from his parents grasp.

"What is it now?" Corolla asked.

"I left it back there!" he exclaimed looking out the door.

"I got to go get it!" he turned back to them. Myriad and Corolla looked at one another, they turned back after a couple of seconds and Corolla said.

"Fine, if you know where it is then go fetch it real quick. Please don't lose track, we'll keep the lights on, just hurry so we don't wake the neighbors." she smiled.

"Thanks, I'll be ba-" he turned around and slammed right into the door. Corolla snickered after she saw JetStream expression.

"You alright, champ?" Myriad asked smiling. He violently shook his head from the pain, then turned to slowly open the door.

"I'm fine." he said rather quick.

"I'll be back!"

"And be a bit more observant too!" Corolla added, in fact, Corolla spotted the cut from the bush, as she remembered. But it wasn't bleeding, it was suddenly gone. JetStream blew raspberries as he rushed into the dark for the orb.

"I hope it's still there." he said with the cool, crisp wind rushing into his muzzle.

JetStream was breathing heavily by now, as if he thought each trip back and forth made it longer every time, "Now that I think about it-" he paused, "-That fall was pretty big... agh, I'm so tired out I can't even-" he slowed down to a walk when he reached the Spire in Altamare Plaza, and looked around to, "I'm sure it is still in the bush..." he trotted up a bit. Twister was still waiting for JetStream to come back. He thought over what he heard from that thing speaking earlier, and thought it might be a thing to come, and the orb on the other side, in front of him, he never touched the orb, heck, he never even looked at it. But he knew JetStream would be back for it, but the other two decided to head back home. When Twister saw him, he called out for him with the 20 foot gap in front of them. He turned to his left, his head raised and a open smile emerged, but that's what caught Twister's attention. The orb glowed white, and JetStream's eyes shined faintly, as if the moon's light were hitting hit, even though the moon was behind him.

"JetStream?"

"Twister!" he galloped over in a quick jolt.

"Woah!" JetStream hit by the orange light from the post that Twister stood under, "You look really tired..." Twister pointed out.

"What do you mean?" he looked out himself, and yet his fur seemed to be more ruff than how it used to be, "Hmm..." he hummed at the thought, "No, I still feel wide awake." he turned around to grab the orb from the bush. Twister trotted up to him.

"Wait, how are you going to carry that?"

"Wha-?" JetStream looked at it, 'He's right, the orbs bigger than what it was hours ago...' "..." he stared at it for a second, "I can roll it home!" he placed it on the ground, and placed his hooves on the orb and started to roll it away from him, and it started to glow again. JetStream noticed it's progress was rather slow, Twister was at a walking pace to keep up with him.

"Where is your home, exactly?" he asked.

"It's near the edge at the most top point of Altamare, why?" Twister's eyes opened wide.

"Are you kidding? That would a take a Stallion full gallop to get here in five minutes!"

"Hey, I know I'm still a colt, but it took me about five minutes." he responded.

"That doesn't matter, JetStream. How long it takes is how fast you're moving this thing-" he pointed to the orb, "-not how fast you can tread with nothing on you..." the orb sparked when JetStream looked back to Twister, his eyes with a faint glow shown again, "W-what's doing that?" JetStream paused.

"Actually I felt that... it was a warm feeling..." they both noticed his fur standing on edge, "Ehh..." JetStream looked at himself. Twister nudged the orb.

"This isn't an ordinary obje-"

"Stop it!" JetStream snarled back, Twister recoiled, "... You might break it..." he finished, lovingly stroking the sphere.

"Sorry..." Twister and JetStream paused for the longest time, "... Are you sure this is the only way?" Twister asked.

"Of course it is..." they both walked under an orange light post, "... but if you get something. I don't know a saddlebag could help, I've already gone the distance..." Twister felt a cold wave down his back.

"Are you okay? I think it's fine to say you're acting weird for you acting weird..." he frowned.

"It's nothing much, Twister. Only thing I do feel different though-" he looked at Twister, "-I'm more awake suddenly." he looked at the orb glow again, with Twister watching that happen.


"... Are you starting to drink coffee?" Twister asked. JetStream rose an eyebrow.

"Who under Celestia's watch drinks coffee?" JetStream replied.