• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 290 Views, 0 Comments

The Lunar-Winged Caballus's - LunicStream1105



On a sudden plight to wonder what the night hides behind pony eyes without taking a second look, four friends in the town of Altamare find out just what may be hiding.

  • ...
 0
 290

Chapter 1

Part 1


JetStream continuously rolled the sphere back and forth in the middle of his room as he was sat down next to it with a meter stick next to his hind legs. The sun poured into the window from the eastern horizon, and the orb stopped glowing as well.

"I just can't figure out why though..." he sighed, still rolling it back and forth. Hearing the crumbs of the soft concrete move around, "This thing just appeared, and on the roof of the Spire... why way up there?" JetStream turned to the sun, the light hit his eyes and face and he recoiled, "Sun's bright today..." he turned back to the orb, "Did it stop glowing because of how bright the daylight is? Yeah, maybe I just can't see it at day, because the sun's bright... the glow must be too faint." he stopped rolling it and stood up, pushing the meter stick away from him a bit. He walked to the window and looked outside. His eyes squinted, "It's a little bit brighter out in general." he said, "Is that what I get for staying up late?" he asked himself as he looked away form the window. He turned back to the sphere, "Speaking of last night, what was that holo-gram of a pony doing with this sphere? And where did it go after it hissed at me?" JetStream huffed and sat down next to it and picked it up, "Ugh, this thing feels slightly heavier too." he grabbed the meter stick for the moment and put it next to the sphere and sighed, "Twister was right, this thing is getting bigger..." he set the meter stick down, "But for what purpose?" reading the meter stick the sphere was three centimeters bigger in diameter than it was when they first saw it. At the beginning it was small, to where it could've fit in a human palm, but it seems to be expanding from there, 'There so many things to do with this...' he thought noticing it doesn't even shine from the sun, even though it's getting hit with it's light. And the thing seems to be mostly of what looks like glass, but it seems a bit light to be glass, 'Maybe crystal?' he tapped on it, it did make the sound it was made to do though, as everything else, other than that, was just fine. He paused as Myriad passed his doorway, and soon looked back to it. He went to touch it with his right hoof, with it still in the sun, his hoof went into the orb, "What?" the orb glowed like it did last night, just before he stuck it back out in the the fresh air he breathes, his hoof started to feel a burning sensation, "Ah!" he stood up and blew on it to cool it off. Myriad was suddenly at the door.

"You alright?"

"I stuck my hoof into the orb somehow, and now it feels like a furnace..." he closed his eyes tight from the pain, but in all panic from this sudden reaction, his Auric sight kicked in without thought. He saw multiple thin strands of different colors that involve the night, as it seems, there were dark blues, purples, some rare whites too. He opened his eyes with the unique sight active, and looked at his dad, who looked like somepony he's never seen. But after a look for a bit more he figured it looked like the same looking red pony from the orb. With the effect of the Auric sight, JetStream's eyes were wavering like a fire from the middle to the top of the eye, and a bit more blue Aura on the outside of his eye looking like a flame itself.

"JetStream!" Myriad was worried, but the figure JetStream saw looked angry, and for the instinct in ponies all around Equestria it's common for them to try and come up for a reason why. But since this is happening out of nowhere, it's starting to scrape away at JetStream sanity since it has nothing to work with. Without another seconds hesitation Myriad kicked the orb out of the sunlight. Now JetStream's hoof felt cool, yet still uncomfortable.

"Are you all right?" he looked at JetStream right in the eye with a hoof on his shoulder.
"Thirteen days... we're coming..." the figure said in a viscous tone and expression.

"No..." he responded to the figure.
"No..." he responded to Myriad.

Suddenly the figure JetStream saw with his Auric sight, unfolded his wings, '...!' JetStream tried to escape the grasp of the figure in front of him, he shoved the figures left arm up and turned all the way around. Suddenly JetStream shoved Myriad's left arm and turned completely around. But as he did, his hoof touched sunlight on the very end of his hoof. That's when Myriad saw a purple transparent gas of some kind release from JetStream. His Auric sight went away then, and with his eyes still closed, all he saw was the dark. Myriad could sense this was the point of calm.

"What is going on!?" Corolla walked in at a steady pace after all the noise. Her voice suddenly opened JetStream's eyes, he turned to them in surprise.

"What?" he turned to the orb, and it was over on the other side of the room with Myriad between them two.

"Are you alright, JetStream?" he nodded.

"I was... startled..." he looked at the orb as the glow fainted.

"I think we need to get rid of this thing..." Myriad stated frowning. JetStream jumped up.

"No! We need to keep it, I need to figure out what it's purpose is!" Myriad still looked skeptical, he looked at Corolla.

"It's been only a night, let's let it go for a bit longer." she replied. JetStream rolled the orb back into the middle of the room as Myriad walked out.

"Things thing isn't bad-" JetStream said, "-I just need to be more cautious..." he looked back to the orb, wondering what he'll do for the day. Suddenly Corolla appeared from the door way.

"Why don't you come in here, JetStream, and come get something to eat?"

"Alright, I'll be there." he said thinking that it has been a while since he has eaten.


Part 2


JetStream sighed after he told Twister everything earlier the same morning as they walked through a shaded path near the outside of the city.

"Wow, so that figure you saw on the Spire looked like the one that came out of nowhere." JetStream nodded.

"To clarify, yes." Twister looked up at the roofs of the building directly next to him.

"I gotta say, JetStream. That orb's been doing something strange lately..." JetStream sighed, looking at Twister.

"Yeah, I know... It's just the fact that these ponies I see aren't Pegasi. They have wings but they don't look like the normal fur covered ones we do..." Twister paused before looking back down.

"Like Colos, and Colas?" he asked slowly, as if he wanted to not guess things wrong.

"Yeah, Twister, that's what I mean..." Him looking at Twister that way reminded how passivly-aggresive JetStream was.

"I have to admit, one of those strange things is the way you're acting. When I just poked it you went over that like you had the thing for years."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know I was being that forceful... if that's the word..." they both had to squint there eyes as the buildings stopped following the path, as this lead to a wide road.

"You think there will be a moment when we decide to go back to the Spire?" Twister asked. They both looked to their left and saw more than half of the Spire from the buildings closest to them. The sun's bloom on the Spire was a great value.

"Of course we will." JetStream responded, "So, where are Colos and Colas anyway?" Twister rolled his eyes as JetStream had to bring something up, he started walking along the road they just found.

"I don't know, but I thought they were doing something for their parents... or something." JetStream suddenly looked behind him.

"I feel like I want to go back home..." JetStream hates cutting out on these kind of walks, but that orb made him feel otherwise.

"Don't you think you're caring about a bit too much?" Twister asked. They both would soon have to realize that they weren't the only ones on the road around Altamare. Many ponies passing looked at them curiously "Some orb?" "Acting strangely?" they'd probably think to themselves.

"No, it's not that, I think their might be some involvement of day and night with this orb, Twister!" ponies noticed the melo-drama every now and then, "I remember during the night I found it, it was glowing for some reason. But now since it's day and really bright, it stopped glowing-" he looked at Twister, "-And there has to be a reason for that..."

"It's agreeable..." he wondered puckering his lips a bit.

"And I hope it is, because that figure I told you about also has to do something with the way I use my Aura ability..." Twister's eyes opened wider.

"Yeah, I know what you're talking about there. That incident with getting lost in the forest?" JetStream nodded.

"Of course, yet that happened seven years ago." Twister shook his head.

"Don't know why you bring that up all the time." he frowned with a questioning tone.

"Because I think it's safe to say that everypony has Aura. Even an non-living object has one." he stated, "Now about something else." JetStream continued as the town's bridge was just barely visible, and looking left would show the whole town rising from the ground as it was built from the ground, "I remember what that figure said about the fortnight thing." Twister shrugged.

"Sorry, but I don't know what that is..."

"I think I've heard of it before..." JetStream scratched his head, then turned to Twister, "-or something like it. And it talked about some group coming in that amount of time."

"So, a fortnight must be some amount of time? I guess that's one thing." Twister said.

"Okay." JetStream nodded. Suddenly Twister stopped.

"What is it?" JetStream asked when he turned around.

"Think we should ask the ponies here what it is?"

"It does seem like an easy question..." JetStream continuously tapped his chin, rather nervous on the inside, he put his hoof back on the cemented road, right on a blue rock under its place, "Sure we can give it shot, there has to be somepony who can know about it." Twister looked at JetStream before taking off.

"But how where we know to catch up to each other?" Twister asked. The Altamare Spire behind him beamed light, and JetStream smiled.

"It's simple, we'll meet at the Spire." he said pointing a hoof.

"Right." he replied just before he galloped off. JetStream turned around as he decided to go the other way, and started galloping.

"This city is rather busy, I don't know who to ask." he grit his teeth. He had to be careful, unlike Canterlot, ponies were on either side of the road going either direction than to Canterlot, where one side would go a fixed direction. Therefore in Altamare, roads and alleys were a concrete river, dodging ponies left and right. Making sure you would have no slip-ups, and why it's much easy at night, where 75 percent of the ponies during the day were gone. JetStream continued to gallop as building flew by, 'Who am I going to ask?' he opened his eyes and noticed a pony in front of him, "...!" he side-stepped to the right and into the building. Losing his balance, and fell to the concrete raising dust. He slid until he hit a pile of cardboard boxes, which a couple of ponies were bringing them into a store. The box JetStream slipped into was facing his direction, and a stack of others were on the right. He slammed into the box, it tilted over from momentum and hit the store they were pushing the boxes into. The stack to the right started to shake, and with JetStream's box now facing up-right. A box with a bigger size fell down facing toward the ground, "Oh n-" his sound was cut from the box going over the one JetStream sat in. He groaned as he heard a couple ponies chuckling as they passed. A pony currently being outside, he looked at the pony chuckling, then decided to look down, and notice their stacking was completely off.

"What?" he jumped when the box suddenly pushed upward, it felt like it was air tight. The box covering would go up, but wouldn't budge enough. He took the cover box off and gasped, "How did you get in there?!" JetStream sheepishly smiled as his ears went back. He exited the box and never took eyes off the worker.

"I was on my way to ask ponies what a fortnight was..." JetStream then raised his hoof.

"No, never heard of it. Now go try and ask somepony else..." he gestured to go away, "Be careful next time!" he said as JetStream went off.

"That was not worth it!" he said to himself as he turned the corner and into an alley. He slowed down and sighed.

"I don't nopony will understand..." the sky started to turn a tint of red, which soon filled the alley way he was in. He noticed a shadowy figure down the alley in the sun, "Hey!" he called out as he started to gallop. He turned the corner and the sun was right in his eyes, he held as hoof in front of his eyes, and his Aura began to glow, "It kind of burns..." after a while he set his hoof down and looked around, "She's gone..." JetStream looked around while a quiet figure chuckled in some sort of coat of clothing.

"He has it..." she said recognizing. Her eyes glowing an pure yellow as she analyzed the pony she saw, She was standing on a nearby roof. JetStream snapped his look toward where she was.

"Who's there?" she swiftly went behind the roof and turned around to walk through the city.

"Only a bit longer. He's one of them..." she smiled as ponies kept walking below on the paths made for them.

"Who was that?" he tried to get a look from where he was, but it seemed like no use as the sun got lower and lower.

"It is getting a bit late, I better get to the Spire." he huffed in disappointment. He galloped back to the road and looked for the Spire. The pony over the buildings saw him once again, every time she saw him her interest grew. JetStream looked to the Spire and followed it along the way, by the time he followed the roads to get there, it was much darker. JetStream noticed he caught himself going faster without the noticeable push he needed, as if it was natural, "Twister!" JetStream called out.

"Oh, hey! Did you find the answer?" JetStream shook his head.

"No?" Twister sighed, "Me neither..." Twister looked up to notice JetStream was suddenly taller than him, his coat was a bit darker than usual, "Have you done something in the past 10 minute-?" JetStream suddenly bent down, holding his stomach with his right arm.

"Is that...?" the pony from the roof watched this even happen, "This can't be, yet it must..." Colas and Colos suddenly appeared from behind Twister.

"You guys are too slow..." Colos said.

"Ah!" Twister turned around, When did you two-!?"

"We came from the building over there..." they pointed to a green roofed store, "We know what a fortnight is..." Colas said, but slowed down to the fact that JetStream was having a bit of a struggle. JetStream's pupils went blade thin, his mane and tail were disoriented with the fur, and extra fur formed in tufts on the sharp edges of his body.

"Twister! Behind you!" Colos shouted. Twister thought he was going to get dizzy from it. He gasped when he saw what looked like JetStream.

"What happened?" he was looking into the thin pupils of JetStream eyes. The coated pony groaned.

"It's the Werepony transformation." she said out loud. All but JetStream looked at her.

"And who are you?"

"That's not important, now. But your buddy there has somehow found the key to transformation. What blows is the fact that it's not complete." her tone still stood serious, it was her lewd word choice that caught them off guard.

"That isn't the complete?"

"Yes, it's not. And I so wanted to see it for the first time." the figure's yellow eyes closed in the thought of actually seeing it.

"I can't stand..." JetStream said, "I... feel dizzy..." he suddenly went ragdoll to the floor.

"The transformation takes a lot of energy. Therefore one without enough will more than likely pass out on the spot."

"If you know so much then do something to help us!" Twister snarled.

"Please..." Colas added.

"I pity the new, but one must have to learn." she opened her eyes. She turned around and was gone. Twister bent down.

"JetStream can you get up?" all they heard was a moan, "Damn her..." Twister couldn't handle the thought of it.

"Twister..." Colas said.

"This could be life threatening for all we care. If she knows something she should tell us!"

"Come on, let's try to get JetStream at our place."

"Right." Twister and Colas replied.

"You two lead the way..." Twister said, looking a bit shameful.


JetStream's eyes opened to the noise of conversation, "-Would be horrible if that happened when nopony was around." JetStream noticed he was in some sort of room, but no room he recognized. He felt tired until he moved a muscle, where he was suddenly able to stand.

"Mom?" he wondered.

"I don't remember this room..." he looked around a bit more. He walked to the door and looked out to see a group of ponies in the room ahead.

"JetStream!" Corolla called out, she embraced him after so long.

"...?" his mouth was slightly open in confusion, "What happened?" JetStream asked his friends slightly across from the room. They all looked at one another and said.

"A lot..."


Part 3


"That mare, she knew something." Twister echoed from thought as he looked at Colos.

"Well that's obvious. But she would rather stay hidden for some reason..." Colos replied. Myriad and Corolla both sat near toward a window with Colas on the other side.

"What did she even look like, Twister?" Color Contrast asked.

"Dad..." Colos looked at his father in question. JetStream sighed and kept trying to relax.

"She..." they all looked at him, it's something he guess will not get used to. And as he tried to confess, his Aura grew brighter, "She was wearing a coat, a brown one. Her mane and tail looked like a blue-grey-ish color." Colas put her hooves around her eyes.

"And her eyes were glowing yellow!" she made ghostly boos for effect.

"That's the one detail I can't get my mind off of..." JetStream responded.

"Was she the one that did the thing to you?" Corolla asked.

"No, Mom, she wasn't it was the..." JetStream paused, his mouth opened wider and wider, "I need to get the orb!" Color Contrast jumped to the door and slammed it shut. JetStream looked up to make eye contact, "What!?"

"...They prepared me for this outburst. Colos, is this what you were talking about?" JetStream groaned as Colos nodded.

"What's wrong?" Myriad asked.

"JetStream's got some over-obsessive bond with that orb..." Colas responded.

"No I don't!" JetStream exclaimed, he examined the looks he received afterward, his eyes glowed the same color as his iris'.

"Right there, Dad. Her eyes glowed like that!" Colas pointed out. Everypony gasped.

"It's not like I'm cursed or anything..." JetStream sighed. Colos and Twister snickered, JetStream looked at them intently.

"What we saw yesterday? I think of it as a curse..." Twister said.

"When did you find this orb anyway?" Color Contrast asked looking away from JetStream, only to look back at him.

"We found it three days ago..." Color Contrast still held the door shut with a single hoof. JetStream looked a bit dreadful, "... I don't like seeing you guys act to me this way..." they all looked at each other.

"What do you mean?" Myriad asked.

"Am I, or you, the ones that are scared!?" he exclaimed. He slowly walked back to his parents, where they embraced him. His Aura fainted a bit and turned blue. With his eyes closed shut.

"Mom... please let me go get the orb..." Corolla suddenly looked at JetStream in surprise.

"Color Contrast, could you please let JetStream through? I think he needs it now..."

"What?" he was shocked. He looked at Colos, who just shrugged.

"If you must..." he let his hoof off the door.

"Thanks..." JetStream said smiling. He galloped out the door and into the fresh air, "But first I need to go check if that mare is in the same spot." he frowned and turned away from the house. He passed the Spire and headed in the west direction, to the same alley as well. When he got there he called out, "Hey!" as he did last night, 'It's day number three of the fortnight. Just how much longer?' but instead of her appearing on the roof, she appeared behind him.

"Boo." he jumped and turned around.

"There you are!"

"So we meet again." She said, JetStream even noticed a smile, "So-" she continued still covered, "What brings you back here?"

"Is there any other time you don't where that coat?" the question shook her, as JetStream looked a bit cocky.

"If we were to meet during the night, it would be a different story. The sun burns, and so can animals. And if you were to be so easily surprised-" JetStream saw her coat shift on the sides, where it seemed to bulge outward like Pegasi wings, "-It would feel like a new world." her eyes continuously glowed, JetStream shook his head to get rid of looking them.

"How come your eyes glow?" now she just looks annoyed.

"If we meet at a later time, that would help answer more than that question... now." she paused.

"If you came here to the same spot, why have you?"

"Because I needed to see you again." the mare in front of him made a relaxed expression, and JetStream blushed. He shook it off, "I need answers!" he changed the answer.

"You know what? How about we meet her again in nine hours."

"Nine? That's past sun-down..."

"You scared?" she asked turning around.

"No!" JetStream went to exit the alley.

"Oh, by the way. Bring the orb as well!" she added.

"Gotchya." JetStream responded as he suddenly went into a gallop, "I need to get that orb back to Colos' place."


Minute by minute more scattered clouds started to roll in, eventually covering the sky at the moment JetStream came rolling the orb back in.

"I'm back." he said.

"Took a bit longer than usual..." Myriad said.

"I rushed a bit, I didn't want to get rained on." he responded, 'And this thing's getting bigger each day...'

"So-" Colos said, "-What did you have in mind for this?"

"I don't know..." he started to roll it back and forth.

"It looks slightly different than I remember..." Twister thought. JetStream looked down at it, then toward Twister.

"It's growing in size since we found it..." with the way telepathy works, what ever thought was echoed can be heard by the messenger as well.

"I was hoping I could find a way to stop that transformation, whenever it happens..." JetStream said. He looked at Colos, "Maybe we can find that fix, or cure... maybe we can before we get an answer from that pony we met." JetStream paused, 'Although, she does sound like she knows what she's doing... but when she saw me. She said she never saw it before, and yet still said it wasn't complete. How is that?' JetStream closed his eyes tightly.

"Hey, Dad, it's starting to sprinkle outside!" Color Contrast turned around to the window Colas was near.

"Well don't keep the curtains open too much, we don't want it flooded in here."

"Of course." she responded with a smile, and tugged on the wooden, blue curtains and stopped just before they were closed completely. Twister noticed the orb glowed from before.

"JetStream did you see that?"

"No." he replied.

"Colas, could you open them up again, just for now?" Colas looked at her Dad.

"Well, if it's to find clues to this here mystery, I guess it can go for a while." Colas then opened the curtains, as the rest realized the orbs glow fade away.

"Whoa..." JetStream said in all wonder. As Colas looked back from the window, a pony was in the corner of her eye, she blinked her eyes as they darted to the right, only to figure it was gone.

"Why don't we go ahead and go back home. I'm sure you're feeling fine now, JetStream." Myriad stood up. He nodded.

"Yeah, I am." Colas sank.

"You're leaving already? It was nice to have you guys over..." Corolla smiled.

"Oh I'm sure it was nice to have company over, but there will be a time where you'd be back at your own home." she said as Myriad went out the door.

"Every home is welcoming, but the one kept to your birthparents are a treasure." Myriad waved them goodbye.

"Until next time." JetStream smiled, with a nervous expression. Corolla was the last one out as she lifted the orb with her telekinesis. She waved them goodbye as well and prepared a red-colored, water-proof shield. She turned around and snickered. Both Myriad and JetStream soaked by the rain that started moments ago.

"Do you mind?" Myriad asked. Corolla walked up to them despite being dry herself.

"I don't." she smiled. Raw unicorn magic was the best tier of product, it seemed like it could do anything. Although JetStream had the stress to keep up with Corolla, he'd rather see what he is seeing. He started to look around. And see what everypony was doing now.

Let's see, rain in Altamare. It comes often, and leaves with a smell that nopony can cease to understand. Everypony takes cover from it, yet they think it's the most beautiful thing they've seen all day. I even heard it's capable of creating those rainbows too. It's not too dark outside, it's still a little past noon. The rain covering all the concrete make almost everything reflective if light is in the right spot. And with Altamare being a color-centric city, where there are green, blues, and reds. The grass, sky, rain, and the sunrise and sunset are all things that the colors refer to. This world seems to be heavily on colors. Because each one seems to have its own meaning. Maybe that's why grey clouds bring fear, yet the rain appears blue only to calm and comfort the ponies that are encountered by it for such an amount of time... only to show a bigger, broader, blue sky later. A failed surprise is a surprise either way, I'll just be glad with what I can come up, and what other ponies can give me. We all live on that one world after all.


~~~Chapter End~~~

Author's Note:

I guess there's always room for narrative...
Thanks all you out there reading this!