• Published 9th Apr 2012
  • 1,878 Views, 23 Comments

Calamity - RainbowDangerDash97



Twilight Sparkle's life is twisted, as she meet the devil of her friendship - sickness.

  • ...
6
 23
 1,878

Even When I Die

It was a lovely morning, and Pinkie Pie was one of the first in Ponyville to wake up. It was about seven o'clock, and the sun was already up in its position. It merrily shone upon the ponies there, brightening up their day.

"Hey, where's Twilight?" Pinkie Pie asked herself, as she knocked on the library door. "Twilight! It's me, Pinkie Pie! Open up!"

There was still no answer. Pinkie Pie shifted her eyes from one side of the door to another, in surprise. Where was Twilight on a beautiful day like this?

She was about to leave, until she saw a thin piece of sticky-note drift to the ground. She picked it up, and read it out loud. "Dear friends..."

What the letter said next scared her deeply. She gasped, and cried out, "Oh no! Not the scary hospital! Where they do all sorts of crazy things! Oh no!"

She left the library at once, and rushed towards the hospital.

So Pinkie Pie was the first to hear the news, and she was deeply concerned, even though she didn't take it seriously, and had no idea why Twilight was in hospital in the first place.

She came over at once, with Gummy, carrying a basket of fruit tarts that Mr. and Mrs. Cake had made by her request, for the sorrowful occasion.

"Twilight? Twilight!" she cried out, as she bounced into the room, almost the knocking the nurse over.

"Pinkie Pie?" Twilight asked, weakly, as her friend placed the basket of goodies on a small bed-table, beside the bed on which Twilight lay.

The pink earth pony looked puzzled. "Why? What's the matter? Are you okay, Twilight?" she asked.

"I'm sorry, Pinkie Pie," Twilight mumbled, her eyes closed, trying to get their rest.

Pinkie Pie felt her heart drop, as well as her jaw. "Twilight! Don't be that way!" she cried out, as she bounced merrily beside Twilight's bed.

Twilight opened her eyes, and shook her head. "I don't think you understand, Pinkie Pie," she muttered.

The doctor sighed, and said, "It's like this, Pinkamena. Our patient has a brain tumour, and must get her rest."

"A what?" Pinkie Pie asked, scratching her head with a hoof. Trust Twilight to have that sort of stuff.

"A brain tumour," Twilight corrected, as she fell back onto her bed. "I'm really very sorry, Pinkie Pie. I hope you won't miss me."

"Why? Why would I miss you?" Pinkie Pie asked, her eyes wide and curious.

"I'm afraid..." Twilight said, gulping back tears. "I can't be your friend anymore."

This was too much for Pinkie Pie. "Why not? But Twilight...you said --"

"Forget everything I said before!" Twilight said. She turned to her side, and whispered, "I may die any day."

"Die?" Pinkie Pie repeated. Tears welled up in her eyes, as those words reached her now dropped ears. "But - but --!"

Twilight shook her head sadly. "Goodbye, Pinkie Pie. Just..remember me....when...when we part."

Pinkie Pie giggled lightly. "Oh, Twilight - you're such a silly. Why can't you enjoy life while you still can?" she asked, hoping to lighten up the mood.

The nurse glared at Pinkie Pie. "Pinkamena Diane Pie. I said - the patient needs her rest!"

Pinkie Pie nodded slightly, before dropping her head low, and trotting away, her back hunched. Her hair deflated, and her coat and mane darkened into a greyish-pink. She sighed sadly. "Goodie-bye, Twilight. I'll....see you again, tommorrow."

----

The adrenaline pulsed rapidly through Twilight's veins. Her heart was pounding hard, and she felt it crack, and break, like a shattered glass. She clenched her teeth, in all her pain. "How could this happen to me?! I was your faithful student, Princess Celestia! How could you let this happen?!" she screamed, to the ceiling.

Despite the nurse's attempts to calm her down, she couldn't help but scream out her feelings.

"I'll always be your faithful student..."

"....even when I die."