• Published 9th Apr 2012
  • 1,879 Views, 23 Comments

Calamity - RainbowDangerDash97



Twilight Sparkle's life is twisted, as she meet the devil of her friendship - sickness.

  • ...
6
 23
 1,879

I'll Be Awaiting My Death

It was another beautiful morning, when Spike found Twilight Sparkle sitting in the corner, sniffing and holding back tears, whilst letting others stream down her cheeks.

"Hey, Twi," he groaned, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "It's so...late."

Twilight didn't reply. She sat there, sobbing in the corner.

Spike scratched his head, lightly with his claw. "Hmmm.." he thought out loud. "Twilight's acting all weird today."

He approached her, with a little tremble of worry in his eyes. "Twilight? Is something wrong?" he asked.

Twilight turned to look at the baby dragon, tears partially blinding her sight. "No, it's nothing, Spike," she said, smiling, although there was a tint of sadness in her smile.

"Then why are you crying?" Spike asked.

Twilight shook her head, and shrugged. "I don't know. According to the "101 things you want to know about Medicine" book, it is probably another case of depression."

"Are you hungry, Spike?" she suddenly asked, changing the subject.

Spike groaned and answered, "Of course, it's breakfast time. I'm about to go gem-hunting with Rarity. Mm-mm...delicious fire-rubies..sapphires....deelicious!"

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Come on, Spike," she said. She dragged the half-indignant baby dragon behind her. But as soon as she stepped out of the library, she was almost blinded by the light. "Aah!"

Spike, being the number one assistant he was, immediately grasped a tennis cap, to shield Twilight's eyes. He placed it on her head, and recieved a soft praise.

Twilight rubbed her eyes. "Why are my eyes so sensitive to light?" she asked. "That's not normal!"

"Relax, Twi," Spike groaned. He brightened up. "Maybe it could just be the crying that did it."

Twilight shook her head clear off the sensitivity, even if it didn't work. "Wait a minute - why are there two Pinkie Pies?"

Spike cocked his head in confusion. "Huh?" he asked. "It looks like there's one to me."

The lavender unicorn let out a scream. "Spike! Am I seeing things? There's two of every single thing I see!"

"Twilight.." Spike said. "Remember? I think you're over-reacting. As usual. Can I go to Rarity's now?"

Twilight breathed slowly, inhaling and exhaling, attempting to calm herself down. "You're right, Spike. After all, nothing has ever happened to me before."

The baby dragon trailed after her, as she trotted happily, feeling glad she overcame her fear and anxiety.

They arrived at the boutique, but when Twilight reached there, she collapsed on Rarity's couch.

"What now, Twi?" he asked.

"Spike.." Twilight groaned, massaging her forehead with a hoof. "I don't want to get breakfast anymore. I feel...dizzy, and fatigued."

"Oh my stars," Rarity said, a look of concern in her eyes. "You should see the doctor, darling. Double vision, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, depression, anxiety! Whatever next?"

"I'll try.." Twilight muttered, as she got up off the ground, onto her four hooves.

Suddenly, her eyes shot open, as she let out a gasp. "Princess Celestia once said that headaches, depression, double vision, sensitivity to light, and fatique had something to do with medical conditions! Spike!" She grasped the baby dragon, and shook him madly. "I could have a serious disease I don't know about!"

She grabbed the baby dragon, and dumped him on her back, as she headed for the doctor, hardly able to breathe.

----

"Please, Doctor," Twilight pleaded, as they reached the doctors at Canterlot that day. "Is there something wrong with me? Was I just over-reacting - or do I have a right to fear?"

The doctor returned into the room, after examining her with a special instrument. She sighed, and said, "I'm sorry, Twilight Sparkle." There was a brief pause, before the terrifying words escaped the mare's mouth. "You have a serious case of brain tumour."

It was over. All over for Twilight. One could see it in her eyes. Friendship, magic - it all never mattered to her now. She wanted to scream, cry and commit suicide all at once.

"Something wrong, Twi?" Spike asked, from behind the door to the doctor's room. He obviously didn't hear anything about what the doctor said.

After moments of tongue-tied speechlessness, Twilight cried out, "Something wrong?! This is everything, Spike! No more books - no more magic! No more friends! Only..."

She calmed down, and whispered, "Hospital." Tears welled up in her eyes, dropping to the ground, and forming a broken-heart shape, like in the "Return of Harmony" episode.

The doctor was moved with pity, and said, "Don't worry, Twilight Sparkle. We'll do what we can."

"If you must," Twilight said, sighing. "But according to the "101 things you want to know about Medicine", there's no cure. for cancer of any type."

"Don't feel like that, Twilight," Spike consoled.

Twilight shook her head. "Goodbye, Spike. You're - you're the new owner of the library. I'll just..."

Her voice faded into a whisper. "Lie here, awaiting my death."

Spike and the doctor felt their hearts break apart, as Twilight crawled under the hospital bed, glancing at her number one assistant, for what she thought - the last time. After a while, she closed her eyes, trembling furiously, as nightmares filled her damaged mind.

How could this happen to me?
I made my mistakes,
Got nowhere to run.
The night goes on and on as I'm fading away.
I'm sick of this life.
I just want to scream
How could this happen to me?