• Published 16th Jun 2014
  • 966 Views, 27 Comments

Desires - Skylight77



There are two sides to everything. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy learn this the hard way. Now they must work together in order to get home.

  • ...
5
 27
 966

Chapter 10: Fortune’s Message

3 days ago:

“*Pant, pant*”

Her breathing was steady, but her mind was scrambled. There was nothing she could hear but a very high pitched screeching sound. The void in her mind rushed through multiple images. She saw many ponies as she was rushed through. There was so much destruction, so much fire surrounding her as her mind rushed through the void. Everything was being sucked in, until suddenly, she woke up.

“*Gasp!*”

Carousel shot her head up from the bed she was sleeping in. There was a dull pain coursing all around her body, but a sharp one coursing through her head. The high pitched screeching was leaving her ears. She heard very soft muffles surrounding her. But before she was able to come to her senses, she felt some hooves grab on to her.

“Nnngh…” Carousel struggled to get herself loose from those hooves’ grips on her. She could hear some muffles of voices going on around her, sounding like they were telling her to stay still.

Getting some of her senses back, Carousel managed to see the ponies that were trying to hold her down. Based on the way they were dressed, along with the bandages on her body, she could tell that she was at a hospital. She had to get out of here.

“Get, off of me!” Carousel shouted, attempting to release herself off of the bed. It felt like she managed to release some cables that were attached to her.

“Calm down ma’am!” Carousel heard the voices say. Her hearing was becoming clearer. “You have to calm down before you hurt yourself!”

*Beeeeep* Carousel could hear a loud audible beep sound that continued to play.

“I said, get off of me!” Carousel shoved one of the ponies away, causing them to stumble backwards on the floor. Carousel managed to get herself off the bed. Two other ponies however were still gripped on to her.

“Ma’am, stop it!” one of the ponies yelled.

“She's hallucinating, we have to get her back to bed, stat!” another one yelled.

“Grr… I said, LEAVE ME ALONE!” Carousel yelled. She started vibrating her wings, using the wind and force to weaken their grip.

*Smack* Carousel took this moment to punch the pony gripping at her left side. That blow caused the pony to get knocked away, crashing into a stand of medical supplies. The impact caused those supplies to fall off their shelves, shattering on the ground.

“Stop it! Somepony, get help!” the last pony gripping her said. The first one that she shoved out of bed scrambled to their hooves and fled the room.

“Graah!” Carousel grabbed the pony’s head, shoving it downward towards the floor, causing their head to bounce off. That force caused the pony to lose their hold on Carousel. Carousel finished off by spinning around and kicking that pony away. The pony was sent flying towards the wall, crashing hard into it. The pony dropped to the floor unconscious, leaving a crack on the wall.

*Pant, pant*” Carousel panted, trying to recover her exhaustion after being able to free herself.

An alarm sounded around the hospital. Carousel had to act fast, otherwise there would surely be more ponies trying to stop her. Within her tail, Carousel still had that yellow amulet wrapped around it. She kept it with her even with those ponies trying to take it from her.

Carousel used her tail to toss the amulet towards one of the windows in the room. When the amulet impacted the window, instead of it shattering, it just flung open due to the amulet’s force. Carousel immediately took flight, shooting straight outside the building, catching the amulet in her tail before it dropped too far. Her flight path started immediately towards some woods before anything else, allowing her to lose any possible pursuers.

*Pant, pant*” Carousel placed her hooves on her forehead as she flew. She gathered her thoughts, clearing her mind. Today, she was supposed to meet with a certain unicorn she met yesterday. That’s where she was going now.

Carousel took a look at all of the bandages that covered her body. She started to remove them immediately, ripping them off of her body, and throwing them away. All of the pain in Carousel’s body started to ease after the bandages had been removed. She took a deep sigh as she placed a hoof towards her collar, moving it up and down, relaxing her spirits. The headache she had was going away. Her emotions were calm now. There was no more pain surrounding her body.

Carousel changed her flight path to fly towards the direction of where she met that unicorn, no longer being concealed within the woods.

______________________________________________________________________________

Out in the center of a meadow area deep within a forest in an unknown location in Equestria, there was a blue unicorn with a smooth flowing mane that had two different shades of a lighter blue. She was lying on a pile of pinecones with a bored look on her face, dangling a hoof off the side of the pile. She was just waiting there. She even looked towards a watch she randomly wore on her hoof, just watching the time go by as she waited.

This unicorn was close to considering leaving the area, yet she waited. She looked up to the sky, and waited. The breeze blew through her graceful flowing mane, and she waited. She listened to the beautiful singing sounds of the birds chirping throughout the forest, and she waited. She closed her eyes, spawning a hair brush to brush her mane, keeping it in its graceful flow, and she waited.

She waited, and she waited.

______________________________________________________________________________

Carousel managed to find the blue unicorn she was looking for deep within the forest she found her before. The unicorn’s patience was rewarded. Carousel landed calmly in front of the center meadow area in the forest, standing in front of the pile of pinecones where the unicorn lay.

There was a silent tension in the air as the two ponies stared at each other. Carousel held her amulet high in the air, using her tail, making sure the unicorn saw it. The unicorn broke the tension.

“You’ve kept Trixie waiting, what took you so long?” the unicorn asked.

Carousel thought back to the scene at the hospital before hesitantly answering. “…Something held me up.”

“Hmph… it doesn’t matter, now that you’re here.”

The unicorn flashed her horn, sending a large magical wave of light around the surrounding area. She jumped off of the pile of pinecones as the magical aura caused them to disappear from sight. The unicorn slowly walked towards Carousel.

“A pegasus and a griffon, clashing in a mighty duel against each other,” the unicorn started. “This is certainly a great and powerful battle of epic proportions… and suicidal to the ponies who dare attempt such a thing.”

The unicorn circled Carousel as she emitted random lights around the area with her magic. The outside area was becoming difficult to see. Carousel cautiously eyed the unicorn as she circled her body. The unicorn was the only thing that was clearly focused in the surrounding area.

The unicorn stopped in front of Carousel, giving a somewhat disappointing sigh, shaking her head. The unicorn’s horn flashed again.

“It is such a shame…” Carousel’s mind was suddenly pulled into direct focus towards the unicorn’s face. The world around her rushed.

*Pierce* “Aaanngh…” Carousel suddenly felt a very sharp pain in the back of her neck. It felt like claws piercing through her coat. She couldn’t move and struggled to breath. She could only stare at the unicorn in front of her. But now, she heard a voice behind her.

“And now, this griffon is here to take back what is rightfully hers!” It was the voice of the griffon she had fought yesterday to take back that amulet she was currently holding in her tail. And now, that griffon was taking that amulet in her claws, releasing it from Carousel’s tail.

The griffon released her claws from Carousel’s neck. Carousel slowly dropped down, her body collapsing to the side as she plummeted towards the ground.

“…Nnnh…” Carousel grunted as she tried to focus on the unicorn above her. Her vision wavered. Before she could say anything else, she lost conscious.

______________________________________________________________________________

“…Nnngh…”

Carousel groaned as she slowly opened her eyes, managing to regain conscious. She saw that she was still in a forest, seeing the leaves blow from their branches. She picked herself up to all four legs, checking her surroundings.

Not a pony, griffon, nor creature was in sight. She was all alone in this meadow.

Carousel’s emotions riled up. Her body tensed up and shivered violently. She gave a low growl, scrunching her eye lids in a glare.

But then, her emotions stopped. Something was wrong. Despite what she could’ve sworn happened earlier, something felt off.

That unicorn that she met today, she worked with that griffon to take the amulet back. The amulet was gone again. The unicorn distracted her while the griffon struck her in the back of her neck so that they could take it back.

But that pain in the back of her neck wasn’t present, yet the amulet was nowhere to be seen. She put her hoof to the back of her neck to check.

*BZZT!* “AAAAHHH!!!” As soon as she placed her hoof on it, something started shocking her violently.

Reality was slowing down to her. The pain was becoming duller. Everything was graying out.

______________________________________________________________________________

Everything came to a complete stop, including her own body and pain. In the midst of all this, she heard something.

“You are so gullible my little admirer,” the voice said. It sounded like the unicorn from earlier. “I find it hard to believe you actually defeated a griffon. Then again, I guess you could say that you didn’t really defeat her. But thanks to you, this little problem has been has taken care of so that it’ll never happen again.” The voice paused for a second. It was odd the way she was speaking.

“You should be so proud of yourself. Your gullibility has probably given you the greatest accomplishment ever. If you wish to receive your prize-” the voice stopped suddenly. New visions came to Carousel. She saw a large mountain that pierced high in the skies. On the side of that mountain appeared to be an entire city. But the image pointed towards the bottom of the mountain. “-go to this mountain. You will find what you’re looking for.” An image of the amulet appeared just before the images started fading, and everything was returning to normal.

______________________________________________________________________________

The color returned to her surroundings. Everything started moving again. Carousel no longer felt any pain, not even from around her neck. That unicorn must’ve used that wound to engrave a message to Carousel that would play when she became aware of it.

Yet rage still fueled her to the core. Her amulet was still gone. Until she had that back in her possession, she would not calm down.

“AAAAAHHHH!!!” Her screaming resonated so loudly, some of the birds in the forest started flapping away, escaping the forest’s loud shrieks.

Carousel immediately took flight, flying straight over the trees of the forest, passing straight through the leaves, which were snapped off of the branches they stuck to. Carousel’s next destination was clear as day.

Off in the distance, she could see the mountain, so far away. It was indeed a very large mountain. Carousel started flying towards it, with no other thoughts in her mind. She didn’t care if it was possibly another trap. She didn’t care about how far she had to travel. All that mattered was getting her amulet back.

Author's Note:

This chapter was originally titled, 'Determined Appointment' but I forgot that I had canceled that draft, so it needed a different one.

The next chapter will focus on Rainbow Dash and what she'll be doing during her visit with Fluttershy. Fluttershy's tagged for a reason, as she'll also play a very important role in this story. I just have to get all this back story out of the way. I wouldn't say this story has really started yet because of back story stuff.

Next Chapter: Stamina Solution