• Published 15th Jun 2014
  • 2,161 Views, 145 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Legacies - CopperTop



War. War never changes. But it does evoke changes in others.

  • ...
17
 145
 2,161
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 27 )

Awesome update. I always loved this story and can’t wait to see more of your work!

10065580
I'm glad you liked it!

And, yeah, the drone army was a bit over-the-top. Mostly drawing inspiration from the Fallout: New Vegas game ending in that regard.

Also, WF didn't find about Hessia's father? You dropped that scene on purpose?

What can I say, I missed Jackboot; had to find SOME way to bring at least a piece of him back ;) As for whether Windfall ever learns about Hessia's lineage...we'll see how fast I can finish up those other projects and maybe find a way to do something with the next generation in Legacies. Hopefully that won't turn into another 6 year wait! XD

I agree: Somber writes one heck of an epic. I'm still climbing the walls waiting for Homelands to update again...

Hope you do enjoy what I eventually post next!

It's... It's over? A-after all these years?
...
Dammit I'm n-not crying, I swear I'm not! I-I'm si-imply cutting s-some onions for the family feast t-tomorrow! DON'T LOOK AT MEEEEEEE-HE-HEEEE*bawls like a newborn foal*

No, honestly, I'm a bit teary-eyed this magnificent story ended. I mean, on one hand, I am more than exctatic to see a million-words-and-more story actually finish. Too many great fanfictions simply... peter out for various reasons, so I am more than proud of you for finishing yours! Good job for your colossal efforts. ^^
On the other hand... I dunno, Jackboot started his adventures when I was 15, and the updates have always been a ray of sunshine during sometimes quite shitty days. Not once have they failed to make my day (EVEN DURING THAT ONE THRICE-CURSED CHAPTER YOU SICK FECKER), and seeing something that literally has been a constant in quite a big chunk of my life coming to an end... Well, I think that simultaneously to this story, a chapter of my life has come to a close, and I don't quite know what to think about that.

Oh well, no need to dwell on the past (toooo too much :P). Now that this gem is finished, I can't wait to see what other things you'll whip up in the future! It may not be mlp, it may not be on this site, it may not even be in the near future or for an audience, but I can see your talent and immense potential. Please, never stop writing! Hone your skill, and become a master in your craft! May your name be spoken around the world in FEAR AND DESPAIR! MAY YOUR GAZE WANDER AROUND THE MULTIVERSE AND MURDER LOVABLE AND INTERESTING MAIN CHARACTERS LEFT AND RIGHT YOU MONSTROUS, INHUMAN, COMICALLY DEGENERATE FU-

I'm okay! I'm okay, I swear.

But honestly, thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, for all these years of laughter, tears, pain, joy and sadness. As cliché as it sounds, you really helped me become the guy that I am today through the adventures of Jackboot and Windy (for the better, I'd think ;) ). No matter what'll happen in the future, know that you and these guys'll always have a special place in my heart. I'm honestly sad that you didn't get the recognition you deserved tho, FoE: Legacies really is one of these stories that inexplicably have a lot less views then what their level of quality really deserve.

So, um, yeah, I'm always bad at ending long comments like this in a somewhat coherent manner and without completely destroying the message I'm trying to send here, soooo... Thanks again, for everything, and I hope I'll see you again.
^^

10075127
I...

I...uh...fuck.

You are so very welcome. This was not, ever, the kind of response I envisioned getting for anything I ever wrote, from anyone. Y'all going to have me misty-eyed in a minute...

So thank you, as well! ^^

Don't worry though, I've got (at least) another 6 years of writing in me on this site alone; and I've got some things simmering right now, in fact. So you won't have to wait for more stories/updates. You'll get more in March and on through at least the end of this year every month!

I won't promise any more door-stoppers like Legacies, but I'm not sure I'm actually even capable of doing something smaller than 50k...for better or worse.

10075173
Sooo... You're not promising no more giant projects like Legacies then? Well, I'm more than ready for it! Bring it on, daddy, and shower me in your glory! Nothing will stop me from VORING all of the content you may put out! (no innuendo intended (or maybe I do? *wink wink*)).

It may not have shown through in my last comment, but I still haven't quite forgiven you for Jackboot. I mean, that beautiful ending has made up for quite a big chunk of the DARK ANGER AND DESPAIR your literary choice has opened up in my heart, but I have a feeling that he'll live on through Hessia. You can't fool me, I can smell Jackboot's weird, perverted sex-drive a MILE away, and the vapors come right out of that mare! XD

10276406
You just kind of want to grab her by the shoulders, shake her, and scream really loud until it finally stinks in, don't'cha?

Hope you're enjoying the story!

10276843
I am.
Was kinda afraid that this would get bogged down with pacing issues considering the word count, but so far the story has been rolling along quite nicely.

I saw that the story have an "epilogue", but its status is saying "incomplete"... Well I would count it complete and throw it into the complete folder in the FoE group, if I have misunderstood something and it isn't complete can you poke me via PM or reply to this note.

10810937
Sorry, yeah, it's "complete" in the sense that no other chapters are going to be added. However, I'm in the process of doing one final editing pass before I actually 'check the box', as it were.

Thank you so much for writing this! I just finished and it is truly epic - very well written and the story pulled me along all the way to the end. I can't wait to read more of your work! Keep it up!

11162687
I'm so glad you enjoyed reading it and I really appreciate the comment! I hope you do have fun reading some of my other stories!

sad windfall never hooked up with argimen.


At first i thought he was a psychopath, and i was still shipping them, but after the read he comes of me sociopathic.


He has emotions, but not love and such.

But love is not all that matters, id hope in a relationship.

Nevermind polyamory if you realy need that extr umph.


They make a cute couple. As far as i care they hooked up eventually.
Im

windfall is at fault for the stallions betrayal. Shit she is at fault for his prostitution. If only not explaining to him what she wanted out of a stallion. I think they make a cute couple.


The whole lets be friends hert me. I have mental conditions, and her reasons for dumping him, the whole need love? I fear that anytime i try to date, and im not the best at communications to begin with...

I felt a lot of connections to that stallion. Not as emotionally stunted, but enough to week havoc with My dating life.

Mostly by my own hand, yah he don't need the connections, but windfalls reasons are hollow... i think? She likes him, he's honest and good with kids. He has a interest in her, and values her, cant that be enuff?


It has to be, right?

11236390
I wouldn't call what is going on between Windfall and RG anything as harsh as "dumped", per se. They obviously both care about each other, just not romantically. They're better friends than lovers, and that's an important distinction. Love isn't ALL that matters, but it DOES matter, certainly to many people.

I don't think it's shallow for a person to feel they aren't emotionally connecting with another they way they'd prefer. That's sort of our prerogative when seeking a relationship. I empathize with how you feel, and your personal experiences. If you were able to connect with RG in some respects, well, let's just say you're not the only one, heh.

It's important to also keep in mind that BOTH of them are petty "emotionally immature" right about now, if for different reasons. A committed emotional relationship truthfully isn't healthy for either of them. Not right now. A few more years down the line, maybe they'll feel differently. But for now, "just friends" is good for both of them.

Thank you for reading and taking such interest in the characters!

11236515
I think the eplouge made me more upset honestly.


The buck don't talk about his father as if he is dating his mother.


To say that in a few years perhaps things Could change, surprises me, considering some of the words used for rg.

Hopefully if we get a sequel with the kids we could see such development?


Honestly do think they play well off eachother as a unit. They fill each others streangths and weekness.

Also at the last battle, the look on his face shows that he cares, in some capacity.

Even windfall doubts the truth in his emotional capacity.


I don't know, they both admire each other and if not for the prostitution, shit shady sands might not of even happened.

Well thanks for the small sliver of hope for that ship.

So i just realized jackboot don't have schizophrenia.

Ten percent of the population hear voices, more so if they had a traumatic past.


The only time those vocies ever led him to action, was with that kid, and that was more about him dealing with a crisis of faith, morality, and the bonus of dealing with a three way agument, even if it was in his head.

Alse the trigger of streess he was dealing with due to the colt might of even triggered it.



So, mr copper, do you wotk in medical, cuz non of this shit is standard phycological suff.


Even rg after reading up on sociopaths, pogs rd rather well. I think he had the most standard issues, besides windfalls hero complex and daddy issues. Oh and that one chicks trauma with rape and such.... okay just realized this has far more mental content, its just a drip feed so i did non notice thu amount.


honestly wonder what other mental nuggets might of missed.







Oh, and if a computer could live in moonbeams brain, then it could of been pushed back, she be a newborn, but she could of lived i suspect.

It be like glimmer just entered hor in the program.

11236709
Jackboot's issues were always behavioral more than clinical. You're correct that he wasn't schizophrenic or anything like that. He just had a very abusive father and was exposed to a lot of violence. The 'voices' were never more than his wrestling with his own conscience.

For RG, his issue was more clinical, but in a very specific way. He had simply been engineered to not produce the hormone and neurotransmitter levels required to feel empathy, so that he could do his assigned work without the potential for suffering emotional distress; seeing as how much of his work involved genocide. Think of it as "targeted psychopathy", if you will.

As for Moonbeam, the idea was that, once the AI assumed full control, it immediately began reworking neural connections to turn the brain matter into an organic processor. Pruning the AI back would have left behind a mind that could no longer function like a free-thinking being. At best, she'd have been a vegetable for the rest of her life. She had, effectively, been electrically lobotomized.

And, if it makes you feel any better, I do tend to think that Windfall and RG end up as a de facto "married couple", whether there's ever any formality about it or not. The simple facts are the Arginine isn't going to go off "looking for love" from anyone else, and few are the ponies who are brave enough to think about flirting with The Wonderbolt when she'd actively living with another stallion :P

11236776
I really like the thought put forth on the characters and there flaws, with what was going on, ih could of been so easy for you to write simplification on mental illness, using a broad stroke approach, with black and whit thinking. But you choose depth, and situations that are morally complex.

also poor nobel moonbeam.


Also that makes me, happy that you see windfall and rg as a unit further down the road.

I do hope we get a sequel with there kids.

Well, that was a thing!
I don't quite remember what led me to start reading this story, but boy am I glad I did.
I loved every chapter (even the most... difficult ones), the main character switch was brilliantly executed (how have I never read anything like that before?!), and some parts of the story really had me on the edge of my seat.
All in all, it was an amazing story, I'm definitely going to read your other works, and I wish we'll get to read about the New Generation's adventures someday :D

11279118
Thanks, I'm really glad that you enjoyed the story!

11515076
Last good one I read was prey and a lamb. Been trying to find a good book to read since then and this has captivated my attention.

11512271
A journey I'm enjoying but one I'm going to hate in the end. Will probably have to go on another year long search for a story of simlar quality.
11515482
I figured when you went back to blue eyes in the mentioning of the aforementioned character. For as long as she was in the story lol.

Not a problem. Makes the reading experience easier for future readers and helps the author reach the level of perfection they seek.

Finished. Also, Windfall is an idiot. Love how she thought she got raped and felt zero amount of pain, but when RG had sex with her, she experienced pain. When I read that, I immediately dismissed it, as Windfall being denser than a blackhole. The story is definitely good but it starts to drag after the moonbeam/luna arc. The cutiemark arc was boring and honestly: stupid. Overall, I love the story. Would I reread it again? Probably only the first over-reaching arc. Windfall's: not so much.

11518808
Heh, well I'm glad you had a good time, in spite of this old story's many faults :P

I appreciate you dropping by and all the comments you've left. Hopefully you'll continue to get some decent entertainment out of my future projects as well!

11518823
I'll eventually get back around to your other works. Depending on what happens with this story: It's Complicated, I may be back sooner.

spoiler warning

I just finished reading the book today, I think it took me like seven or eight months. I like how you added starlight glimmer into it, adding context for what happened to her, because I don't think I have read any Fallout Equestria fics that reference her. In general, it was a really good story that I enjoyed reading. My memory sucks, but the only thing I didn't like about it was when you started rushing near the end because of the length. It does make sense and you wrote about that in the author's note, though it's a little thing I can ignore after reading the whole thing. However, I think the part where Windfall and Moonbeam were caught by the Brotherhood of Steel would be better if you had explained in more detail how she cut down two of their airplane things down using her gale force. Though it was a journey reading this, with switching perspectives and adding main characters and the Moonbeam death at the end. That was such a heroic death. But thank you for taking SIX YEARS to write this, I respect that. So goodbye for now, It was a pleasure reading this, and I'll see you again if I'm interested in any other of your fics.

11689864
Well I certainly thank you for investing all of that time in reading it all the way to the end :) And I'm especially honored to see you include it on your favorites among such illustrious company, wow!

Login or register to comment