• Published 30th Jun 2014
  • 489 Views, 10 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Last Chance - BubbleyBathTub



Earth was no more. Humans had long since civilized many other planets, though one of these planets no longer bore trees, and humans no longer ate food, there was still one organic thing living there purely on accident. Her name was Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
2
 10
 489

It seems Manehatten is royally screwed.

The large doors opened for Twilight, leading into a great hall of windows. Getting to the rich, happy city of Canterlot had been the hard part of the trip, now she had to find the particular book in the maze of a library Twilight used to call home.

"Canterlot Library." Twilight whispered to herself. "Smells just as it did so long ago." The rich aromas of the bookcases were subtly sweet, their soft wooden structures of solid pine. Twilight made herself at home, and let herself get distracted by the vast amount of books around her compared to her own oak residence.

It was hours later, Twilight spending the whole day relaxing. The ordeal concerning Rainbow Dash had caused a large amount of stress to her. What if another crisis had happened, and the Elements of Harmony were incomplete? What if Rainbow never came home? What if... Twilight had let herself be caught up in all of the thoughts of failure, as she had a habit of doing. After a day of winding down, Twilight realized how silly it was to worry about those things. Worrying about it would only make her go crazy. Twilight sighed, her mane touching the cool stone of the balcony. She had a week reserved for non-stop study, dedicated to finding her friend. Hopefully, she could find her, in one of all those stars. It was a weird thought. Looking up, that she might see a glimpse between the stars. That maybe, she could be staring at the exact spot Rainbow lays in, and not realize it. Without a powerful enough telescope, she could stare at the spot in the sky and never know that was where her friend was. So, so far away.

"Twilight Sparkle!" A familiar voice called, opening the door with a loud burst of alicorn magic. "Is thee truly in Canterlot, and not inform us of thou's departure?"

"Luna!" Twilight turned quickly to meet the Princess of the Night. "I... er, I was just-"

"No! There is no excuse. Our feelings are hurt."

"Luna, I didn't mean to-"

"All is well then!" Luna donned a devilish smile, and Twilight stood back in fear. "Now come! I believe a belated 'girls night out' shall be in order!" Grabbing Twilight's hoof, the two met the closed doors of Celestia's room.

"Tia! We are going on a 'girls night out'! We wish for your accompaniment! Come! We shall throw red paint all over downtown Canterlot! Again!" Luna was a good three feet above Twilight, her front hooves banging on the door. "We request assistance with such joyful activities!" She was giggling like a mad mare now, her giddyness overwhelming.

"Luna! I am in no mood to party right now. Everytime we 'hit the town' you know, 'just a couple of sisters on the town', I always have to drag your drunk ass back to the castle."

"Celestia!" Twilight raised an eyebrow. "What? I happen to have a respect for the finer ciders. Celestia! But it is not the royal 'we', it is as in Twilight Sparkle and ourself!"

Twilight was slapped as the door opened to reveal a white alicorn. "Luna! Why didn't you say so! Oh what a treat to see my dearest student, you never visit!"

"Well, I needed a book from the Canterlot Library..."

"Oh, Luna, do you hear that? Books! Twilight loves books, and how I love Twilight! Always you and your silly books."

"Yeah Twilight, what is thine fascination with books so prevalent? I am thy dearest Twilight Sparkle, how do I love papers with ink on them." Luna was above Twilight, pretending to read from a book. "Books, I love books so much, I live in a house of books!" Celestia snickered at this.

"Luna stop, you'll hurt Twilight's feelings."

"You know I'm fine." Twilight stiffly put. "I do have a... fascination with books." Twilight burst into laughter. "You could say, I am simply smitten with books!"

The trio of princesses burst into laughter. "Twilight, would you say you are in an intimate relationship with books?" Celestia chuckled.

"Shh! Celestia, don't shout it!" Twilight giggled.

"Oh Twilight, thine fascination with twilight is simply unhealthy!"

"Like I would read that garbage! Just because my name is Twilight doesn't mean-"

"You know what? We aren't gonna party in Canterlot." Celestia declared. "We are going to destroy Manehatten!"

"Yeah! Manehatten!" Luna agreed.

"You know what? Let's do it. I need to relax, just have a night out, and have some fun!" Twilight declared, the three ponies shouting in unison.

"Watch out Manehatten, here come the three princesses!"

--------------------

Rainbow Dash turned to Charles. "What? Now you are trying to convince everypony else I'm a robot?"

"Look, the thing is, this world hasn't seen organic life in a... very long time. Who knows how people would react. No doubt they would try to, like, harvest you or something!"

"Harvest me? I'm not a crop, Charles, I'm a pony. And I need to get to my friends."

"Look, I just would rather be safe then sorry. Just roll with it, okay?"

Rainbow agreed begrudgingly.

Bettie stood in front of the doors. "Hey magic pony, Welcome to the scenic, beautiful city of... Westerfield!" She opened the double stained glass doors. Rainbow Dash stopped.

The city was... beautiful. It took time to think about the city. Overhead, Rainbow could hear a train's wheels grinding across the tracks. Ahead, she saw a pathway, lined with blue lights. She stood by the edge of the path, and below she saw a bustling city. There was lights shining of all colors. Reds, greens, blues, purples shone in little dots across the expansive ground of the city. She turned to see a giant glass window, two moons shining brightly.

"What's outside?" she whispered.

"That window lets in alot of light during the day. It helps alleviate energy costs for the city. There is one on all four sides, plus the ceiling."

"Two moons... you have two moons."

"Actually we have three! You just can't see the third right now." Betty smiled.

Rainbow looked out the window. The stars entraced her, they were so unfamiliar. Rainbow was never one for astronomy, not like Twilight anyway, but somehow she felt like she needed to know these stars. Twilight would be proud.

"Come on, lets go." Charles led the pony down some spiraling stairs, leading her into the bad part of town. Brown, grey buildings lined these streets. "Welcome, to my humble abode." They stood before a brick building, the height towering over any building Rainbow had seen. They walked inside, to apartment 6A.