• Published 17th Jan 2015
  • 12,272 Views, 1,060 Comments

Changelings, Love and Lollipops - Georg



When the Royal Wedding scatters defeated changelings all over Equestria, a member of the hive winds up being captured in Ponyville, tied up, stunned, shot by a cannon, and held against his will. The truly frightening part is he’s starting to l

  • ...
38
 1,060
 12,272

Chapter 21 - Hearth’s Warming Hearts Warming

Changelings, Love and Lollipops

Chapter 21
Hearth’s Warming Hearts Warming


Epilogue:

Hearth’s Warming decorations filled the interior of Sugarcube Corner in an array of multicolored blinking lights and cheery pony figures, all in festive garb to add to the season’s holiday cheer. Glittery paper snowflakes adorned the ceiling and walls while figures of gingerbread ponies and gumdrop dragons carried out happy Hearth’s Warming shopping trips around a score of dioramas that decorated each table. There was even a ‘First Hearth’s Warming’ plaque displayed proudly on the wall, with three large hoofprints and two somewhat smeared little ones underneath, as well as a few blurred smudges of joyful tears.

Despite the decorations of the holiday season, there was just something a little off about the interior of the warm and pleasant-smelling bakery, as if there was a hole in the festive atmosphere that all of the cocoa and marshmallows in the world could not fill. Even the little silver bell over the front door seemed to be duller than normal as it jingled to the sound of yet another customer coming in out of the chilly weather for some holiday cheer and something to fill their empty tummy.

”Welcome to Sugarcube Corner. How may I serve you.”

Pinkie Pie’s voice sounded much like it normally did, but an acute observer would have noticed a miniscule flatness to her hair and dullness to the shine in her eyes, both of which abruptly regained their normal sparkle as the pony who had just walked into the bakery sat a thermos down on the counter.

“Pardon me, young lady. I just dropped by to get something hot, but I saw your sign in the window while I was freezing my buns off and I really kneed the dough. How much bread would I be making? That is, if the job is still available.” The ‘Help Wanted’ sign from the front window levitated over to the counter and settled down quietly, his green magical aura fading away as their eyes met.

Pinkie’s hooves fumbled a bookmark into the book⁽*⁾ she had been reading, sticking it back under the counter while a huge grin lit up her face. It matched the same grin almost tooth-for-tooth on the lime-yellow unicorn who stood casually at the counter with red cheeks and the glitter of snow crystals in his candy-striped mane from his wintery trip but none the worse for wear, even to the tattered pink ribbon he wore tied around his horn in a bow.

“I-I think so. I’ll have to check with the Cakes. Can I have your name?”

“Lollipops,” said the young stallion with a twinkle in his dark green eyes. “But you can call me Pops.”


(*) Hybrids: From Conception to Contractions: Everything You Need To Know As The Mother Of A New Species

Author's Note:

Author’s note:

And attached to the ribbon is a tiny tag:

From: Queen Anonymous
To: Pinkie Pie

Merry Hearth's Warming Greetings from the Badlands

P.S. Don't visit.

Comments ( 136 )

And ending the story with a gift. Happy Hearth's Warming to all, somewhat delayed.

Looks like Pinkie's party gets to continue just as our's ends.

"Awww, she wants me to come visit."
---Pinkie

CURSES! DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE WITH NOTICEABLE TRACES OF SODIUM IS LEAKING FROM MY OCULAR UNITS! WHY!? WH- oh, a good story nicely finished. That's why. I like. Thank you!

Wonderful ending, was a little worried about how the last chapter ended but it seems everything is turning out quite nicely.

The book she was reading... Possible sequel? Or at least tell me, did the thing I think happened really happen? Is Pinkie pregnant?

That was the perfect finale. You know, when I started reading this, I honestly thought I wouldn't like it. I'm glad I was way wrong about that.

Do it again! :pinkiehappy:

:yay: So he did come back!:rainbowlaugh:
A lovely conclusion :twilightsmile:

Also, Pinkie, interesting book you were reading. Very interesting. In no way hinting to anything.
I wonder what would be Pops' reaction to finding out?

I wonder if Pinkie's pregnant. Why else would she be reading that book?

Also I love what the tag says.

Yeah, I can understand why she doesn't want Pinkie to visit.

6016220
6016252

What scares we is that that apparently happens frequently enough for a book to need to be written about it.

Aww... I suppose Chrysalis figured the aberration still had some diplomatic use. (That, or she was worried about a partillery siege when the pink one finally broke.)

A beautiful story all around. Thank you for this, Georg. I hope to see more of this setting. Especially what the kid's going to be like.

6016276 Heh, I guess. Or it was so unusual that there was barely any knowledge and a single mare decided to write it in case anypony else would need such guidance.

Awwwww He came back! thats so sweet!!! I like this story ending now. hehehe

Aaaaaaaand I'm dead of cute and d'awwwww...

This was a sweet (no pun intended) ending!

not a bad epilogue... a little short but not bad...

Are you going to make a sequel?

Nice. Was worried where this was going after the last chapter. I was like, wait, there is no sad tag? :twilightsmile:

Great read, Georg, looking forward to what you come up with next.

Great story with a good ending.

Feathering his wings to a slow descent, the changeling glided back into Ponyville, down through the scattered clouds and in the direction of an open window that a near-solid stream of pure love flowed in his direction like a beacon. Pinkie was still in the window, looking up at him as he fluttered down with a beaming expression of pure joy, which lasted until he came to a halt outside the window and asked his question.
“Pinkie, what direction is the Badlands from here?”
The sheer torrent of love cut off immediately, and Pinkie Pie vanished from the window, only to reappear in less than one hammering heartbeat and bringing a very familiar object.
That’s the biggest party cannon I’ve ever—

How many changelings in the hivemind felt a double facehoof was inadequate and transformed into chimpanzees so that they could quadruple facepalm? The only thing that could have possibly made this better was if it were April Fools' Day, this was the last chapter released, and the story was marked complete.

6016204

Picky, picky people. What, don't you believe in the pony legend about when the moon is full, cursed ponies transform into a hideous hairless creature with long, pale limbs and stalk the Everfree Forest in search of malls? Keeping it anyway, because there's not a good analogue for pony lycanthropy that's as easily recognized at a glance. Oh, the wounds we inflict upon our language in our search for entertainment...

The power of marewolf compels you!
And yes, the hilarity of humans running around and trying to bite ponies on a full moon is always an amusing thought. "Stop it! That's weird! And awkward! What are you even trying to do there!? That tickles!" Silly flat faced and toothed humans. It's hard enough to break thin human skin, I can imagine the hilarity of trying to bite through fur and hide :P. (Humans actually bite hard with our tough little teeth, though. We can crack nuts with them!)

Fixed grubs, turned to nymphs in both this and next chapters. Now to go make my reply to the poison ivy comment.

Some notable things about 'poison ivy':
It is not an ivy.
It is not poisonous.

It's actually an allergic reaction people get: in other words, our body THINKS it's insanely poisonous, flips its shit, and engages in scorched earth policy. If you're not allergic, it won't do much at all to you. (Though you can become allergic...) Same as peanuts.

That being said, there's no reason there can't be an actual ivy that's actually poisonous to ponies in Equestria. :pinkiesick:

a bit brief for an ending. Leaves a few questions seriously unanswered.

H- hybrids...
You.. You lied...
Pinkie Pie... Child... Oh, gods above...
No! I will not take the (sequel) bait! Sequels to stories like this about pregnancy/raising children always suck! Even if I do really want to see how Twilight reacted when she heard...
No! I can't give in! Don't ruin this story with a pointless slice of life sequel! Unless you try something like Fargo, with a pregnant woman going against the odds to solve a crime and bring Justice...
No, that could never work! I mean it did in Fargo, but...
Argh! Why can't I be satisfied with what you've already given us!?

Nice ending, almost made me cry...

6016127

(*) Hybrids: From Conception to Contractions: Everything You Need To Know As The Mother Of A New Species

Wait what?

And we finally get the "Lollipops" from the title. :pinkiesmile:

From the bittersweet heartache of the last chapter to the hope-filled joy of this one (with a dash of foreshadowing and just a sprinkle of hilarity). All in all, another great romantic-comedy from Georg. Definitely earned all the thumbs ups and favs!

There better be a sequel:duck:

6016127
Very nice story. I love happy endings. And this, good Sir, was one if I ever have read one.
The whole story was an awesome ride, thanks for giving this to us.

6016167
You are defective. It's time for you to become one with the Hive. Report yourself to the nutrient tank facility and let yourself get dissolved.

Best changeling story I've read, just narrowly getting ahead of the one with the cute guards.

I really enjoyed this, in spite of my occasional gripes. It feels wrong to have so little to say now that we are at the end of the story, but I just really liked all the character interaction and the physical comedy was just right, without becoming too unpleasant.

Cute ending. Did they in the end manage to crossbreed? And is this supposed to be a long time after the previous chapter or his first visit back? Because the book seems odd unless Twilight has been very, very quick.

Well done. I am glad to have been along for the ride.

6016622
I'm afraid that my physical composition would be inimical to the nutrient tanks. After all, I am unloveable, and therefore do not carry the requisite amount of adorability for sufficient supplemental nutrient acquisitions. Either that, or I am taking my mother's observation of my utter lack of romance in my soul to make a diversionary tactic to avoid dissolution.

Either way, here! Have a *cake!


*Today I prepared Explosive Runes

6016681
Oh - Cakes with Rune-magic. My favorite. *leaves in explosion* :pinkiehappy:

The slow transition from dark humor to immense feels made this for me. Well done. :twilightsmile:

Yay! The journey is complete... or is it... just beginning? x3

I'm pretty sure she's already had the kids based on the hearts warming plaque. Also, den feels doh.
PS. You've obtained my follow.

6016799 oops missed the size distinctions.:twilightblush:

Sad to see this exceptional story come to an end, it was a lot of fun to read.
I really really hope

(*) Hybrids: From Conception to Contractions: Everything You Need To Know As The Mother Of A New Species

is a clue as to what the sequel will be about :pinkiehappy::rainbowderp::facehoof: A new hive full of pink physics braking, reality bending, adorable pony/changeling hybrids.:applejackconfused:

I enjoyed this crazy ride. All the comedy & feels, kept me hooked.

Keep up the good work.:moustache:

6016167

DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE WITH NOTICEABLE TRACES OF SODIUM IS LEAKING FROM MY OCULAR UNITS! WHY!?

6016252

I wonder if Pinkie's pregnant.

Pregnant?
Not yet perhaps... Although it appears she certainly would not mind trying...

A very cute story and the ending truly warmed my heart.

6016276

Griffons, chimeras, cragodiles, and any other crazy coo-coo mixed up creatures they got roaming the land and you have to ask?

I demand MOOOOAAAAARRRR!!!!!!!:flutterrage:
I mean, if you don't mind...

great story, I always love a good changeling shipfic

6016040
The Big Mac thing? When Luna ran off after getting a good whiff of the pheromones, she made it to the crossroads and, instead of going to Zecora to get the antidote, she turned the other direction and went to Sweet Apple Acres. And Luna x Big Mac is one of the more common ships for her thanks to the comics.

As stated the ending was a little short.. I wonder what happened with the hive when Pops arrived apparently he didn't explode but was there other effects

6016473

The power of marewolf compels you!

Ahem. That's "mehrwolf", from the Olden Times words "mehr", meaning "horse", and "wolf", meaning... "wolf".

6017265 Objection!
There were no standardized spellings in Olden Times, so you could spell words pretty much however you wanted!
Also, I think that might /completely/ lose people. lol

It is curious: Is Pinkie researching because she IS pregnant, or because she WANTS TO BE pregnant?

A nice ending. I agree with the sentiment that it's a little sharp and short, but it's not too bad. :pinkiehappy:

6017366 It is curious: Is Pinkie researching because she IS pregnant, or because she WANTS TO BE pregnant?

Yes.

Much better!

(*) Hybrids: From Conception to Contractions: Everything You Need To Know As The Mother Of A New Species

:rainbowderp::pinkiehappy:

Damn fine story, with just the right blend of heartwarming and gut-busting comedy. Sorry to see end, but that's how it usually is with the best stories.

:heart::pinkiehappy::heart:

I loved this fic so much.

So much cute..

Login or register to comment