• Published 6th Jun 2014
  • 1,436 Views, 9 Comments

Spike's Reality - TheN0tSoNice



When your unappreciated for far too long you feel no longer wanted.

  • ...
15
 9
 1,436

"The Necklace"

It was just another day in Ponyville, nothing special about it. Spike woke up to start his daily routine making Twilight breakfast, questioning why Twilight never did anything special for him. Even on his birthday every year Twilight would always get him the same thing, "a book."

"Spike, Spike! " Twilight called with a frustrated tone in her voice. "This place is a mess, honestly Spike were you on the streets? you know what needs to be done so why must I have to tell you what to do."

"I'm sorry Twi it's just tha-," Twilight cutting off Spike, "I don't wanna hear excuses Spike do your chores now." Spike sets aside the breakfast he made for Twi, not even a simple thank you for the meal.

"Oh and when you're done with that I have other errands for you to complete," Twilight says to Spike without even asking him please.
Spike replies, "UUURRRGGG why can't you do them yourself," with subtle hostility.

"If you really wanna know," Twilight now shouting at Spike, "CELESTIA HAS ASSIGNED ME NEW A TASK OF MAGIC SPELLS TO LEARN AND MASTER."

"You know you could always use your magic Twi it would make this whole situation a whole lot easier."
The tension in the air is beginning to heat up at this point, the emotions of how Spike really feels is about to come out.
"Spike," Twilight says, "You and I both know that my time is way more valuable than yours. Spike I'm a princess now, things are different," She says with little consideration of Spikes feelings.

"What are you saying Twi, it almost feels like your implying that I'm not important."

"Oh Spike," Twilight says with a seemingly calm yet sarcastic tone, "I'm not implying it, that's just how the world see's it, as far as I'm concerned I am more important than you."

Tears begin to fill Spikes eyes, "Twi why are you being so mean to me all of a sudden this isn't like you, you're not a jerk."
Twilight glares at Spike her iris's instead of her usual color were crimson red.

Spike looked befuddled he hadn't noticed that Twi was wearing a bizarre silver necklace and asked, "Hey Twilight," still trying to hold back tears and prevent his voice from breaking, "wh...where did you get that strange looking necklace?" "Oh this little gem it's nothing of your concern, it's far beyond what your itty bitty dragon brain could comprehend. "It looks like," Spike took a minute to gather his thoughts. It had an alicorn as its symbol Spike was sure he had recognized this strange necklace but couldn't put his claw on.

"Ugghhh your still here?" Twilight said with much pessimism behind her words. "Go you have no purpose here anymore, I'll do everything myself." Twilight said as she used a magic spell that wipe cleaned everything thing in the rooms vicinity. Her horns magical aura no longer was it magenta, but a deep dark red.

Spike not even realizing tears were now falling down his face said with a breaking voice "Ff- fine I'll go, its not like you ever actually cared about me, all day I do your unwanted work and for what not a thank you, no good job Spike, not even a high five! I'm sick of you. If it wasn't for you I'd probably still be left alone as an egg near my family my 'real family' your the reason I never got to know my parents, my family, where I came from. YOU RUINED MY LIFE!"

Twilight now furious levitated Spike in the air and threw him against the wall repeatedly till the wall cracked and books were all on the floor and Twilight said with a wrathful tone, "You listen here you worthless piece of trash, you are nothing but a filthy, indecent, second rate excuse for a dragon. You do not even deserve to be in my presence, you should be grateful that I let you even live with me. Do you think I actually wanted you? No, you were given to as a sign that I passed the entrance exam you are no more more important to me than a swatted fly, now get out of my house before I kill you." Twilight then proceeded to levitate him and toss him out in the streets.

Spike brutally harmed from the punishment Twilight had given him, appeared as no bones were broken, but he could barely stand, let alone walk, he limped towards somewhere he knew where he'd be treated with kindness. Fluttershy's Cottage.