• Published 12th Jun 2014
  • 961 Views, 9 Comments

Facing My Past - PrincessDiscord



Filthy Rich once made a trade to have a perfect life. On Diamond Tiara's eleventh birthday, he is shown a flashback of the trade, and must tell Diamond Tiara the truth. Life gets harder when he has to bring Diamond Tiara, turning into Screwball,

  • ...
0
 9
 961

1. The 11th Birthday

Diamond Tiara woke up from a restless night, and in the morning gave an extremely large shout.

"It's my 11th birthday!" Diamond Tiara raced down the stairs to her father's room, only to find that he was not there, and neither was her mother. Diamond Tiara raced back to her room and began to sing Happy Birthday to Me. She rummaged through her closet, and found the perfect dress. Rarity had made it for her using the special purple fabric that appeared to move when the light hit it. It has small diamond on the front, in the shape of a tiara, just like her cutie mark and name. Rarity has also made a matching sequin jacket which lit up the room with a hot pink tint. The room began to look like the world's shiniest disco ball. Diamond Tiara began to dance in the lights of her coat. You have to have a little fun on your birthday, right? But today was not just her birthday, but her birthday party. She decided to head downstairs after dressing up, to find a huge extravaganza.

"Happy birthday!!" Nurse Sweetheart and Filthy Rich called to her in unison. Diamond Tiara looked at the decorations. She saw hot pink balloons filled with silver sequins. Around the staircase she saw glittering silver streamers that matched her mane. On the table was a cake that had pictures of Diamond on all 5 tiers of the cake, and the words Happy Birthday, Diamond Tiara! surrounded by buttercream roses. Her parents told her it was red velvet flavored with buttercream roses, designed and baked by Mr. and Mrs. Cake.

Diamond Tiara dashed into the next room to find a mountain of presents, all rapped in shiny pink and white glitter rapping paper. She tour open the first box to find four tickets to the Pony Tones' concert. Another box held a golden diamond amulet with a matching golden tiara. A third box held a gift card to Sugar Cube Corner, her favorite bakery. many of the boxes had gift cards and the newest gadgets in Pony Ville, like a cutie mark digital drawing pad and a digital memory game. Another thing Diamond Tiara got was a design your own stuffed animal. In the kit, you cold make a stuffed pony that looked like you. You just picked out a pack for your coat color, so Diamond Tiara's parents picked a light pink. For her mane, there was a white with purple tints, which looked like Diamond Tiara's mane. The set came with a special material that was used for the cutie mark, and Diamond Tiara would draw her cutie mark there. When she finished her presents, her friends began to arrive.

Silver Spoon was first, like she always was. Next came Twist and the Cutie Mark Crusaders, who she had been forced to invite. Next came Dinky Hooves, Pipsqueak, Featherweight, Snip ad Snails, and Rumble. The party began with a piƱata that was filled with jewelry, candy, and race cars. Next was pin the tail on the horse, and the fillies tried to pin the tail on a reproduction of the infamous Smarty Pants. Twist won that game. Some of the other games were bobbing for apples, which Apple Bloom clearly won, a craft of sticker pictures where you designed a cutie mark, and a game of baseball.

That was when everything went wrong.

It was Diamond Tiara's turn to bat. She stepped up to the plate, and reared herself. She took off her skirt to reveal a pair of black leggings. She picked up the solid oak bat, and Rumble was at the pitching stand. The ball began fly through the air to Diamond Tiara, and she swung at the fastball. As the ball hit the bat, a home run, Diamond Tiara collapsed. As her father came to pick her up she looked, well, a little, you know, different. Her eyes were different, they were spiraled. And her hair began to get frizzy. Her cutie mark changed from a tiara to a baseball and a screw, and the fillies stepped back. Rumble dropped his glove as the pony began to levitate.

"We have to let her know,' Filthy Rich said to Nurse Sweetheart.