• Published 29th May 2014
  • 719 Views, 25 Comments

The Great Equestrian War - Rainbow_Dash_14008



Chrysalis is back. She has teamed up with new villains. Their army is powerful, and has taken over Equestria and scattered the Mane 6. Can Twilight unite them and bring an end to the war?

  • ...
6
 25
 719

...And Stick A Cupcake in my Eye

The fillies and colts were no less than a delight to work with. It made my day knowing that even though the whole world is falling into destruction there are still ponies who laugh and play without a care. Cheerilee was a bit skeptical at first about letting me help, but soon changed after seeing how good I was with the young ponies.

But Applebloom and Sweetiebelle...

They seem just as happy as the others, playing, making jokes and running around, but I can see in their eyes pain and sadness. I know why. I know that they're worried about their sisters, and their dear friend Scootaloo. Oh how I wish to take off my disguise and hug them and reassure them that their family and friend were safe. But alas, I cannot.

We are in the middle of playing a game. Most of the fillies and colts are pretending to be the Resistance, while I was Queen Chrysalis and a few of the young ponies were Changelings. It's really quite fun, and I'm enjoying it, I haven't had a chance to play in who knows how long. We're about to engage into the final battle.

"You're reign of terror is over foal Changelings!" cried Sweetiebelle.

"You'll never win!" replys one of my "Changelings", a brown colt with an orange and white mane, "Equestria will remain ours! Your pathetic attempts to defeat us will just end with your defeat!"

"We'll see abou' that!" shouted Applebloom.

"Fighting" ensues. Nothing more than slight hoof taps and exaggerated moans of pain, it's still a delight to watch.

"Queen Chrysalis!"

I turn around. Applebloom and Sweetiebelle approach me.

"Oh hello there," I reply, "Trying to take back Equestria I see. Don't be foolish. You're not going to win."

"Oh yes we are!" Sweetiebelle cries, and the duo charges at me. I fire small magic beams at them, but I make it so they only tickle them.

They tackle me and a full "battle" develops.

Our fight separates us from the group, until somehow we end up out of the room into the hallway.

"Girls," I say, "We should get back in the room."

"Not until we defeat ya!" replies Applebloom, and then without warning they tackle me.

This causes us to go tumbling down the hall and crash into an empty room. We get up, laughing. Man did it feel good to play! I'm the happiest that I have ever been in a long time.

"Bluebell that was..." starts Sweetiebelle, but then stops, staring at me with her eyes wide.

"What is it?" I ask, then I notice something lying on the ground beside me. My cloak. Must've fallen off during the crash.

"Oh boy..." I mutter.

"Twi-Twilight?" Applebloom gasps, "You-you...what?"

"That was you the whole time!?" exclaims Sweetiebelle, "You were Bluebell? Why were you wearing that cloak? Why do you sound funny? What happened to your tail? Wh-" I put a hoof over her mouth so she'll be quiet.

I hurry and put a sound proofing spell on the door then lock it.

"Shhh," I say, "I know you two are probably very confused right now." The two fillies nodded. "Look, I didn't want anypony to know who I am. If the enemy found out I was here, we'd all be in trouble. So I wear this cloak and disguise my voice so nopony knows that I'm...well...me."

"Ohhh," they say in unison.

"Wait if you're here," says Sweetiebelle, "than you must know where Rarity and Applejack are right? A-and maybe even Scootaloo!"

They look at me with pleading eyes. They want me to say that I do. Part of me wants to lie to them and say that I know where they are and that they're safe, but I know that lying to them would most likely make it worse. I hang my head and sigh.

"I'm sorry girls," I reply, "I don't know where your sisters are, or your friend. I-I wish I could tell you, but I can't."

"Oh," they say, tears brimming their eyes.

I wrap my arms around them and give them a hug, "I'm sure that wherever they are, they're fine. Don't worry, hopefully you'll see them someday soon."

They nod, and I release them, "You guys know that you can't tell anypony, and I mean anypony, who I am, right?"

"Of course Twilight," Applebloom replies.

"You can trust us!" cried Sweetiebelle.

"Promise?" I say.

"Promise!" they say.

"Pinkie Promise?" I ask, knowing full well that these two young ponies get into trouble and can't be completely trustworthy at times.

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye," they recite.

"Good," I say, and start putting my cloak back on.

"Hey Twilight," says Sweetiebelle, "If we ever find our sisters, or Scootaloo, can we tell them?"

I sigh, "I don't know about Scootaloo. We'll discuss that if she's found. But don't worry, if your sisters are found, I will reveal myself to them personally. They're my best friends too you know."

They nod.

"Thanks Twilight," says Applebloom.

I don't know what she's thanking me for, but I reply, "You're welcome. Now remember, from now on, my name is Bluebell."

"Ok Twi-I mean-Bluebell!" exclaims Sweetiebelle.

I giggle slightly as I finish putting back on my cloak, "Come on, I bet Cheerilee is worried."