• Published 28th May 2014
  • 337 Views, 8 Comments

Magics life - MagicBlood



this is the life of my oc taking care of a daughter with a secret problem

  • ...
6
 8
 337

4 The Winter Holidays

Author's Note:

this chapter took a few days cause of writers block but i have to give more credit to scythe thundershield he not only proof read this chapter but he helped write a lot of it

A couple of weeks pass since the ‘incident’, and it begins to get colder, but not cold enough to freeze the creek over. Its a few days from christmas but feels as if its tomorrow. Colts and fillies are outside making snow ponies and doing snowball fights while the bears are asleep and the mares and stallions are sitting in their warm homes cuddling with each other. Some fillies and colts say santa isn't real, some believe he is real but nopony knows for sure.

Back in Magic’s house, Midnight Wings is getting ready to head outside and roll around in the snow for the first time in her life. “Hey dad,” Midnight calls, “can I got outside?” There was no response for a moment before he spoke up, “Sure. Just dress in a scarf and your boots. And be back before it gets dark.” With that Midnight Wings puts her scarf and boots on and heads outside into the snow covered ground.

‘What should i do?’ Midnight thought to herself while walking through the snow. Ponies everywhere were either throwing or dodging snowballs, and more times than not t was the pegasi dodging and the unicorns, if they had the capability to, throwing them, and on occasion you would see some snowponies and snow pegasi along the ground.

While walking through the town Midnight gets hit with a random snowball “Sorry,” a filly calls walking over. She was wearing a Red Bow in her mane and green boots. “Sorry bout dat… guess I had done threw it a little too hard, ahm Applebloom. Wats your name,” The little filly says. Midnight makes a snowball to the best of her ability considering she’s never made one before and threw it at Applebloom, giggling when it fell apart mid air. “My name is Midnight Wings, but you can call me Midnight. Why’d you hit me with a ball of snow?” Midnight responded with a smile. “Ah wasn’t ah was aiming for Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle over there,” Applebloom responded while throwing another snowball at the other two.

Scootaloo dodged with ease while Sweetie Belle got hit square in the muzzle. Midnight giggled at that as Sweetie Belle tried to throw one back. “Wanna come join mah team so its even?” Apple Bloom asked, motioning for Midnight to come on over. Midnight went over behind the snow fort and started to make a few snowballs but every time she would throw them, they would fall apart in the wind. “How do you make these balls of snow?” Midnight asks Apple Bloom.

“You gotta pahck it tight so it stays together.” Apple Bloom replies making another snowball showing Midnight how to make it. Midnight grabs a chunk of snow with her magic and packs it as tight as she can get it and lobs it at the other’s fort, causing it to literally fall apart. Sweetie Belle’s and Scootaloo’s jaws drop as they both simultaneously yell out “Are you trying to kill us!” Apple bloom giggles and tells Midnight, “That’s a little too tahght, try an pahck it just tahght enough to make it to them,” with that Midnight nodded and made another with her magic and threw it at them.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle just puts there hooves over there faces a little scared from Midnights last throw so the snowball hits scootaloo on her muzzle before breaking into pieces. Midnight and Apple Bloom giggles and let Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo rebuild their fort. The snowball fight continues for a few more hours before they stop and start to build snowponies and snowpegasi. “Hey do yall want to come to my house for some hot chocolate and marshmallows?” Midnight asks the three after they are done playing. “Sure!” the three young fillies reply with excitement.

The four trott through the everfree forest to Midnights place. The other three fillies were hesitant at first to go in but after some coaxing and assuring, they were nearly there. Upon reaching the house Midnight knocked on the door waiting for her dad to answer, about a minute later she hears the door start to open. “Hello?” Magic asks as he opens the door. “Hey dad i brought some friends home to have hot chocolate with.” Midnight says. Magic looks behind her to see three others there. He waved slowly and smiled nervously for a moment. All four of the fillies trott into the house and straight to the kitchen. “Uhmmm, ok then, but we gotta make it quick, it’s getting dark and these woods aint safe at night.” Magic says walking with them to the kitchen levitating a few cups and some hot chocolate mix to the counter.

“Well we know that already.” Apple Bloom states, trotting in after Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Magic levitates a kettle of water to there fireplace so it can heat up. “So I recognize two of you from when i went to Carousel Boutique to get some clothes for special occasions and some apples from Sweet Apple Acres but the third i don’t think I’ve ever seen before.” Magic says to the three fillies. “Well I’m scootaloo, and this is Sweetiebelle and Apple Bloom,” Scootaloo says to him. “AND WE’RE THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!” all three shout out at once, deafening both Midnight and Magic for a few short moments.

“Ok then, no need to yell it, but ok,” Magic replies as he hears the kettle start to whistle and levitates it over and fills the four cups with some hot water before mixing the mix into the water. “Ok, here is your hot chocolate with marshmallows,” Magic says giving each of them a cup of hot chocolate.

After about five to ten minutes later the Cutie Mark Crusaders left and headed home. “I wasn’t expecting company tonight but im glad you had fun sweetie,” Magic said as he carries Midnight to her room to go to bed. After a few minutes, and a bedtime story, Midnight fell asleep. Magic smiled slightly and shut her room’s door behind him after he turned on her Luna shaped night light.