• Published 25th May 2014
  • 381 Views, 2 Comments

the Adventures of Makaar and Draco - geicomano7



the adventures of two friends in there home town

  • ...
10
 2
 381

The baby manticore

After Makaar and Draco had explored the cave in town Draco had been writing for hours and hours.

Makaar decided to help come up with stories for Draco to write. He was over at his house.

"How about a pony has to solve a mystery in a small amount of time?" Asked Makaar to Draco who was writing a story.

"That could work. But what's the mystery Makaar?" Replied Draco writeing down the idea in a notebook.

Makaar shrugged,looking at the notebook that was filled with ideas.

When the two decided to take a break they went over to Makaars house for some lunch.

"What should we have?" Asked Draco when they arrived at Makaars kitchen.

"Hay sandwiches?" Suggested Makaar

"Sure" said Draco

The last time they were together in makaars house was a few days ago.

"Can you belive it's been three days since we got my quill?" Asked Draco with a smile as he got bread and plates out for them to use.

"No. Time flies Draco it seems like just yesterday we explored the cave. And you've been writing your story ever since right?" Asked Makaar when he started to make the sandwichs with the rest of the ingredients they needed.

Draco nodded with a smile.

Makaar finished making the hay sandwiches for him and Draco.

When Makaar finished cleaning up his mess his twin sister Marekaar had come into the kitchen.

"You made lunch?" Asked Marekaar

"Yes mar you missed your chance I'm about to put the food away." Said Makaar

Marekaar smirked and took his plate full of food away and she stuck her tounge out at him.

Draco laughed as she left the room.

"Your sister is smart Makaar" said Draco as Makaar made himself a second sandwich.

Makaar just nodded and grumbled something like "she thinks she can just take my lunch?! We will see about that."

Draco has been with Makaar long enough to know when he was angry at his sister.

"Just calm down Makaar." Draco said sternly.

"Why Draco? It's not like I will pull a prank on her today." Said Makaar with a smirk at his new idea.

"I mean it Makaar it's just lunch." Said Draco knowing that Makaar is joking around.

Makaar loves his family but that doesn't mean he can't WANT to pull a prank.

"Fine Draco.." Said Makaar with a sigh.

Makaar and Draco finaly finished thier lunch talking about a card game they played a lot. Makaar decied to not prank Marekaar that day.

When they were finished the two friends decided to go back to Dracos house and keep writeing stories and brain storm ideas for Draco to write.

"Ever want a pet?" Asked Makaar randomly.

"No?" Replied Draco confused.

Makaar had wanted a pet to play with sometimes but he never acutally got one. He didn't care much though.

"I'm done writing for today Makaar. Let's go around town." Said Draco leading Makaar out of his room.

When the two went around town they saw something they never thought they would see. A strange animal they have never seen before.

"What's that?" Asked Makaar looking at the strange animal.

Draco shrugged.

The two look at each other and Makaar picked up the strange animal and took it home. Draco followed Makaar closely hopeing nopony sees them.

When they got to Makaars room they looked at the strange animal.

"What is it?" Asked Draco spooking the animal a bit.

"I don't know Draco. I wonder who's the owner of him." Said Makaar petting the animal.

"I will be right back. I think I have a book on animals in my room." Said Draco as he zoomed off leaveing Makaar and the animal.

Meanwhile in a nerby forest manticores are looking for a baby manticore and are reaching the town.

Makaar was in his room. His father knocked on the door.

"Makaar, me and perc have heard some trouble on the outskirts of town. I'm leaving you in charge of your sister. Make sure she stays safe." Makaars father said.

"Okay dad. I will make sure mar stays home." Makaar replied.

Makaars father leaves him alone not knowing about the animal in Makaars room

Draco returns shortly after Makaars father left with Perception.

"Okay let's see what we can find out about this animal." Draco says to Makaar and the animal.

As Draco flips through the book he looks to Makaar who is sitting next to the animal.

"Makaar come here for a sec" Draco said

Makaar came over to Draco

"This animal is a manticore it's very dangrous to keep around." Draco explained to Makaar

Makaar looks at the little manticore "I think it's a baby it couldn't be that bad could it?" Makaar said

Draco shook his head being the rational one of the two of them right now. "Makaar no. It's a bad idea" he said

Makaar gave him a puppy eyes "pwaese?" Makaar tried to act cute and like a baby

"No Makaar it's stupid dangours and--" before Draco could finish his statement the baby manticore tackled him to the ground and started licking him.

"F-fine he can stay for now" said Draco laughing on the ground

Makaar took the baby manticore off of Draco and it sat on the floor.

"I saw your dad and brother leave as I was coming back. Where did they go?" Asked Draco looking at the manticore.

"There is some trouble on the out skirts of town. They will be back soon they said. I have to make sure mar stays here" explained Makaar to Draco.

The two friends are very smart when they put their heads together and think for one second. Makaar thinks on his hooves a lot with Draco doing the same.

When Marekaar knocked on the door to Makaars room they panicked a bit.

"Makaar! I'm bored! Can you hangout with me?" Marekaar asked

"Um one second sis I will be out in a second." Replied Makaar his voice staggers a bit.

"Hide the baby Draco. I'll keep mar busy." Said Makaar to Draco who was ahead of him.

"Foucus on Marekaar, Makaar I'll worry about this manticore." Said Draco knowing the plan.

As Draco left with the baby manticore Makaar opens the door for his twin.

"Hey mar what's up?" Makaar asked nervously as Marekaar walked into the room.

"Like I said before Mak I'm bored! Let's do something." Marekaar said sitting on the bed looking at his games.

While Makaar was with Marekaar and Draco was with the baby manticore makaars father Iron kite was with Perception and the other guards looking on the outskirts of town for the disturbance that was there.

"What cuased the disturbance that called us here?" Asked iron kite confused.

The other guards shrugged and left the outskirts as two manticores came into veiw.

"Dad." Said Perception as he saw the manticores

The manticores were angry and everypony that was there could see that.

"Perception. Go home to your siblings make sure they are safe " iron kite told Perception

"Yeah. See you at home dad." Perception said to iron kite

Makaar got Marekaar to leave his room as Perception came home

"Mar is Makaar here?" Perception asked Marekaar in the hallway.

Marekaar nodded "yes perc."

As Perception came up to Makaar,Draco had come back with the baby manticore.

"Why do you have a manticore in your room Makaar?" Asked Perception confused and angry.

"Um we found it?" Replied Makaar scared of what his brother might do.

"Does dad know?" Asked perception

Makaar shook his head as a 'no'

"Listen Perception we did find it we brought it here. Is that a problem?" Said Draco confidently not afrid to protect Makaar

Perception shook his head

When a roar could be heard from the open window close by. The baby manticore had jumped through it and Makaar followed it not careing what trouble he would get in.

"MAKAAR YOU IDOIT!" Shouted Perception chaseing Makaar

Draco had also given chase to Makaar and the baby manticore.

Draco caught up with Makaar before Perception did. "Makaar, wait!" He said

Makaar stoped with a halt holding the baby manticore. "Sorry Draco I wanted to help our new friend." He explained to Draco

"It's fine Makaar, just don't do it again!" He said and he turned to see Perception raceing towards them.

"Makaar what were you thinking? You can't just run towards a heard of manticores that are in town it's dangrous! And dad told me to keep you and mar in the house!" Perception said angry and glaring at Makaar

"S-sorry Perc...I just wanted to go with me and Dracos new friend." Makaar said

Perception replied with "fine. I have to get back to mar. You stay with Draco. Let's see if this baby manticore knows if it's home or not."

"Thanks Perception! I promise it won't happen again. Just don't tell dad I would be in big trouble with him." Makaar said hugging his older brother

Perception hugs Makaar back. "Good it better not little bro."

Perception ruffles Makaars mane and leaves Draco and Makaar with the baby manticore who is now siting patently.

"Good boy" said Draco petting the manticores fur

The two friends and the baby manticore walk to the out skirts of town and see the rest of the manticores.

"Those must be full grown manticores...nothing that we can't handle...right?" Makaar said to Draco who was standing next to the baby manticore.

"M-Makaar those are b-big manticores. What do we do?" Draco said a bit scared of the growling manticores.

"Well um...we could..." Makaar tried to replay but he was getting scared as well.

Just as Makaar was about to yelp his horn shot out a small zap of power against the manticore that was coming close to him and Draco.

"MAKAAR!?" Draco shouted as Makaar flopped on the ground in front of Draco and the baby manticore.

Moments later the manticore that Makaar attacked growled and started to go towards Draco and the baby manticore and the fainted Makaar.

Draco stood infront of Makaar and stomped his hooves on the ground.

"Nothing is going to touch him!" Draco said to the manticore who was getting closer to him.

Draco had opened his wings and begain to flap them as hard as he could sending the manticore flying back a few feet.

The manticore got up and growled at Draco and Makaar.

The baby manticore went to the manticore that was angry and started to lick it.

"Makaar please wake up." Draco said shaking Makaar hopeing he will wake up.

"Ugh...what in the name of clestia happened?" Makaar asked and rubbed his head.

"Oh thank goodness your okay." Draco said hugging Makaar tightly.

"Yeah of course I'm fine." Makaar replied hugging back.

Makaar looked at the baby mantiecore and the angry one who wasn't angry anymore well at least at Makaar and Draco.

The baby manticore came over to Makaar and Draco and started licking them.

"Woah what's wrong boy?" Makaar asked as the baby manticore stoped licking them and looks down sad.

Draco petted the baby manticore. "Will we see you again?" Draco asked as the other manticore looked at them and growled at the baby.

The baby manticore smiles at the two of them and licks them again.

"Okay...bye little manticore" Makaar said as he was licked

The grown up manticore took the baby and smiled at the two friends and left them alone.

"Don't use magic with out telling me!" Draco said and hugged Makaar again.

"I didn't mean to use my magic Draco. I promise I won't use magic without telling you. Unless I can control first and can acually use my magic right." Makaar said hugging back tightly.

The two went back to Makaars house and saw Iron Kite.

"Where have you been Makaar?" Iron asked looking angry.

"He was at my house sir" Draco said.

"We were writing stories in my room Perception came over and checked on us." Draco countuied.

"Yeah dad I told you Makaar was with Draco." Perception said to Iron kite.

"Fine Perception, Makaar go upstairs. Draco you can go home now Makaar can play in a bit" Iron Kite said.

Draco smiled and Makaar and Perception went up to Makaars room.

Iron Kite came into the room.

"Boys are you tellng me the truth that Makaar was with Draco?" Iron Kite asked.

They nodded at him

"Yes" they said in unison

"Good. Makaar you can go play with Draco if you want." Iron Kite said then left to go see his wife Green Mist who is Makaar Perception and Marekaar's mother.

Just as the door closed to Makaars room Perception opened the window and signaled Draco to come in.

"Why Perception?" Makaar asked looking at his brother.

"Because I will defend you until I can't anymore. And you didn't do anything wrong besides jump a window. Right?" Perception said

"Yeah nothing else." Makaar said.

Perception left the two friends.

"Makaar it's late and my parents said that it's time for dinner." Draco said.

"Okay I will see you tomorrow." Makaar said

The two friends hugged and Draco left.

Then Green Mist called Makaar for dinner and he ate dinner with his family.

Later that night Draco decided to stay at Makaars house